Phylactery.. and Heroic Spyglass

hello -

im going from fire to frost in 4.0 to have some fun (been fire for 4 years, bored of it) - however im not sure if depending on ffb to proc phylactery is a good thing, and ill already be over crit cap. would it make more sense to just use heroic spyglass so i get perma use out of it? thanks

Talisman is close to 240 SP now with intellect being SP and the on-use SP Buff. This can not be reforged.
    Phylactery is close to 240/270SP normal/heroic and you can reforge the crit to haste.
    Spyglass is 180/200SP normal/heroic) for you and you can reforge the crit to haste.

Do you have 17% spellhit when patch hits live servers? Also something worth remembering. But let's say you have 17% and are currently crit capped as frost with or without a trinket. Not worth to reforge to mastery because well, you can't reach a good amount of it witout cataclysm gear. Just threw talisman in there because it's worth using now for fire & frost mages. Extra chunk of manapool can't be bad to have.

Edit: As frost on the PTR I find that more than I would like the FFB debuff goes off because I'm too busy hitting deep freeze & ice lance on. Just because you can use FFB on BF procs dosn't mean you always will. I find myself doing more dps if I save it for a FoF proc. That means that your Phylactery won't always proc when you want it, the FFB debuff sometimes goes off.
    Last edited by Juber; 2010-10-10 at 03:21 PM.

Yes, I am hit capped. Is there a limit to how many pieces of gear you can reforge at once?

No, you can reforge any items except for a selected few, like trinkets with only primary stats int/stam/ag/str/stam/spirit. Think I've reforged around 8 pieces on my toon.

do u see frost being viable? i wanna give it a shot. how much mastery = 1% for lvl 80?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehthu View Post
    do u see frost being viable? i wanna give it a shot. how much mastery = 1% for lvl 80?
    Frost mages are (currently) not viable in 5 mans, the main benefit comes from not needing to recover mana many times a fight. They also have a massive ramp up time (due to the random nature of their DPS) and are very close to the current ret pallies (long ramp up time, low burst, nearly infinite mana).

On the topic of mastery I can't begin to tell you, but it is worth any extra crit/haste into mastery as the frost mage mastery is an HUGE increase to DPS, honestly crit isn't even that valueable.
    Last edited by godofslack; 2010-10-10 at 03:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by godofslack View Post
    Frost mages are (currently) not viable in 5 mans, the main benefit comes from not needing to recover mana many times a fight. They also have a massive ramp up time (due to the random nature of their DPS) and are very close to the current ret pallies (long ramp up time, low burst, nearly infinite mana).

On the topic of mastery I can't begin to tell you, but it is worth any extra crit/haste into mastery as the frost mage mastery is an HUGE increase to DPS, honestly crit isn't even that valueable.
    If you're talking about at lvl 80...then I'd like a word with you.
    BfA Beta Time

swizzle,

welcome back. also, did i make a good choice?

ps - thanks in advance for ur reply
    pss - still waiting for the promised frost vids

15+ Year Old Account
    FFB only has a DoT on it if you glyph for it and I'm not sure if it's the best way to go for frost at this point.
    BfA Beta Time