Thread: Reporting

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Reporting

Any chance we could get a reduction in the cooldown (for lack of a better word) on having to wait before reporting again? Would help a lot when seeing a bunch of people doing stupid stuff in the same thread.

Also, and this is more of a personal preference of mine, but is there any way we can get a drop down thing like the Quick Reply box instead of having it redirect to another page for a report?

I really like that exclamation point.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you notice a bunch of things in the same thread, it's usually better and easier for you and us to just report one post with a note "See also other posts in this thread". When we go to look at reports, we usually check out the context anyway.

Thanks and keep the reports coming!

10+ Year Old Account
    I now this might sound kinda random, but I got a question: on average, how many reports do you guys see?

Something tells me reporting isn't something a lot of posters do, but I always wanted to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

In total? Around a hundred a day (guessing by how many emails I have...), we could definitely use more. Most people seem to prefer the "reply" button, instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    A hundred? As a Super Mod?
    You'd be trolling mon, I get more than that...
    Dawwwwwww

Multi reports are helpful. If I see a post that was reported 28 times, it's a good indication that it needs to be looked at sooner, rather than later.

10+ Year Old Account
    100? Jeez, that seems like a lot to sift through, even if most of them are reports of the same post.
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahte View Post
    100? Jeez, that seems like a lot to sift through, even if most of them are reports of the same post.
    ? really? thats a lot?

Long live Garona Halforcen ! Cheers to Odexy for the Sig !

I mean 100 unique reports, not counting multiples of the same post. It gives me something to do =)
    I'd still prefer it were several hundred. We could always get more mods to handle reports, and I know there are a lot of bad posts out there that never get caught.

15+ Year Old Account
    Roughly 80-120 individual posts get reported a day; most of those are reported only once (but the really bad ones are reported more frequently).

More reports isn't a bad thing; I generally prioritize the posts I look at by number of times they've been reported. Plus, I find some pretty bad posts that go completely unreported.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
    ? really? thats a lot?
    When one has to check each and every report to see if it is valid, hasn't already been addressed, or something else, then yes.

I'm reporting less these days because I'm running out of puns, seriously I need to replenish my creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Roughly 80-120 individual posts get reported a day; most of those are reported only once (but the really bad ones are reported more frequently).

More reports isn't a bad thing; I generally prioritize the posts I look at by number of times they've been reported. Plus, I find some pretty bad posts that go completely unreported.
    What do you, honestly, do when you see reports? Do you prioritize the more descriptive reports or look through them in a linear order, disregarding the contents of the report?

We look at them all, simple =)

10+ Year Old Account
    If it keeps you busy i'll start reporting more, i dont like to feel like i'm bothering the mods all that much as i feel you've enough to get on with.

We want more reports.

Quote Originally Posted by poldera View Post
    If it keeps you busy i'll start reporting more, i dont like to feel like i'm bothering the mods all that much as i feel you've enough to get on with.
    To say it eloquently: "Reporting posts will make all your troubles float away on a fluffy cloud made of happiness"
    So yeah reporting not only makes the forums cleaner but will make your and the mod's world a better place.

ps. Back on the topic of me not being creative, had to reuse the above phrase since I'm too damn lazy to think of something new now. Does anyone have a cure for laziness?

Edit: While testing something on photoshop I made this for no apparent reason.
    Last edited by Panoramixe; 2010-10-11 at 09:42 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    80-120 may be a lot, but we'd love having more, we keep seeing alot of posts that didnt get reported at all just by normal browsing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe View Post
    Edit: While testing something on photoshop I made this for no apparent reason.
    Lawl! awesomeness

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MFDOOM View Post
    What do you, honestly, do when you see reports? Do you prioritize the more descriptive reports or look through them in a linear order, disregarding the contents of the report?
    Well, when I wake up, the first thing I do if put all the reports on "Read" (about 80 of them, I always assume that my American Co-workers did their job), and then I just watch them come in and read them all. If I see in the comment that its an important Post (Example: Highly inappropriate images/text, harassment or Racism/sexism) then I will prioritize those.
    The others will be dealt with as well.
    Mails containing the word "Signature" in their context (So not in the title) will be thrown in the Thrash Can by the filter, and I usually take my time for the other reports (IE: I actually read if the user thats been reported has been posting bad stuff before, was the user really to blame or was he troll-baited etc etc).

And as Grindfreak said: We handle a lot of posts before people even get the chance to report them.

Luckily enough, I have my lovely Lysah taking care of most reports though
    I barely do a thing these days
    Dawwwwwww