Thread: OP new glyphs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Look at the thread title.
    Now look at me.
    Back to the thread title.
    What's that in my hand? It's a care cup.
    Look back at yourself.
    The care cup is no longer full, back at the thread title.
    I know you would like to be like me, a level headed veteran player,
    Somethings just can't happen.
    If you would like to smell like me however, all you have to do is empty your care cup.
    Now look at me.
    Starting a thread about things being OP when they are not then trying to double back on your posts is not a way to argue.
    If you would like to try again, I suggest you empty the care cup.
    I'm on a horse.
    BfA Beta Time

I'd hardly call you a veteran for your heroic actions in the 1700 bracket. I think this whole issue boils down to me using the term "op" and you thinking that equals me raging or being upset or something.

I'm curious as to your opinion on the Entangling Roots glyph. Thoughts?

agreed for the most part. however, i don't really have a problem with the removal of CD's from execute abilities. From what blizzard has done, it's pretty obvious that they want execute abilities to kill people. The idea is that you don't let targets fighting those classes get low. you have to be extra protective. You already kind of have to do that against hunters and paladins because their executes do a lot of damage. But SWD and shadowburn should now be true executes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bw13187 View Post
    I'd hardly call you a veteran for your heroic actions in the 1700 bracket. I think this whole issue boils down to me using the term "op" and you thinking that equals me raging or being upset or something.

I'm curious as to your opinion on the Entangling Roots glyph. Thoughts?
    Re-read your first post, focus primarily on the title and the little personal opinion under each glyph. Not much of it could be considered level headed. Don't make the assumption that just because you don't write in caps that you are somehow level headed and rational. Secondly, the statistics page doesn't properly track pre-wrath ratings, so basing your judgment of class knowledge (which apparently only arrives after hitting 2k) off of less than half of my play experience is foolish and very immature, showing that you go to extreme lengths to invalidate points which you can't argue with reason. I gave a scenario in which a team could let their rogue re-stelath but your response was it wouldn't happen because his team wouldn't care. Damn, I know if I was that rogue I'd find another team of people who did care, since that's half of the game.

As for the roots glyph, it gives roots a CD, albeit a short one. In 1v1 as a melee, I can see it being annoying, but warriors can bladestorm out of it, rogues can ShS/CloS, DKs can chains/grip back, rets can freedom out of it, and druids can shift. The only reliable exit for these melee is shift in this scenario, but if a druid chooses to spam you with roots every 5 seconds, he isn't doing much else. It's annoying but there are counters and in actual PvP, every healer can just dispel it.
    BfA Beta Time

Honorable Mention:
    •Resilient Grip: When your Death Grip ability fails because its target is immune, its cooldown is reset.
    So now a DK that grips into a Grounding Totem like an idiot, gets his CD reset? I was mistaken, NOW the class is tard-proofed.

One thing you forgot to mention here - this is somehow a MINOR glyph. C'mon blizz that literally is retarded

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    Honorable Mention:
    •Resilient Grip: When your Death Grip ability fails because its target is immune, its cooldown is reset.
    So now a DK that grips into a Grounding Totem like an idiot, gets his CD reset? I was mistaken, NOW the class is tard-proofed.

One thing you forgot to mention here - this is somehow a MINOR glyph. C'mon blizz that literally is retarded
    Well, for tanking, assuming it works like this on beta (not sure since I don't tank), spamming death grip in PvE will make the boss taunt immune due to DR abuse. As to how it actually functions in PvP, can't really comment on it since I haven't seen it in action yet (hooray for 35k gold glyph costs), but other than ice block, grounding totem, bubble, and bladestorm, how many more immunities to it are there?
    BfA Beta Time

Lemme see if i can break down these glyphs any
    Strangulate: Increases the Silence duration of your Strangulate ability by 2 sec when used on a target who is casting a spell.
    Silence is dispellable, though a couple extra seconds on silence sucks, the only time I think it may matter is at 20-40%,

Resilient Grip: When your Death Grip ability fails because its target is immune, its cooldown is reset.
    I dunno if its gonna do what you say, but if it does, I agree it can be stupid, though it only affects one class. Add a 6 second internal cd on it, or increase the CD in general.

Entangling Roots: Reduces the cast time of your Entangling Roots by 100%, but increases its cooldown by 5 sec.
    Even ferals will use this. Pop out, insta CC melee character, back to cat. As though they couldnt already do this to melee on them with Nature's Grasp in form. And for healers/boomkins this is such an obvious glyph, and very OP since every other CC is now on a 2s cast time. Imagine if this was a Fear or Polymorph glyph. This one's getting nerfed for sure.
    you make it sound like entangling roots is absolutely game breaking like a clutch fear or poly, which it isn't. roots doesnt cause you to actually lose control of your character, you just cant move, so the only ones that will get hurt by this will be melee. now if it was cyclone on the other hand, it would be nerfed (cyclone made magic) or removed almost immediately

Thorns: Reduces the cooldown of your Thorns spell by 20 sec.
    Dispellable (unless they changed thorns while I wasn't looking), but will have an almost indefinite up time

Kill Shot: If the damage from your Kill Shot fails to kill a target at or below 20% health, your Kill Shot's cooldown is instantly reset. This effect has a 6 sec cooldown.
    I kind of agree, to a point, while yeah a kill shot is most likely not gonna kill you the first time, the second one will. but if you dumb enough to stay in range/LoS of a hunter at 20% and below, you prolly need to die from it =P

Frostbolt*EXCUSE ME, DEEP FREEZE*: Your Frostbolt spell deals 20% additional damage while Deep Freeze is active on the target.
    Early Winter is the only skill that reduces the cast time of frost bolt and its .7 seconds for two talents every 15 seconds, there are no more talents that increase frostbolt damage and more on ice lance. oh im sorry one talent that affects frostbolt and it just makes your rng on frozen targets better (fingers of frost no longer affects frostbolt)

Psychic Horror: Reduces the cooldown of your Psychic Horror by 60 sec.
    only used as an interrupt or as a way of keeping a target in LoS, if they continue with the "cc matters" formula they've implied, then this would be a good one for spriests to fill in that hole, spriest cc (if I remember right) relies on being in the face of a target with a 30 second cd (Psychic Scream) and Horror, which is on a 2 minute cd non glyphed

Shadow Word: Death: If your Shadow Word: Death fails to kill the target at or below 25% health, your Shadow Word: Death's cooldown is instantly reset.
    the reason that this doesn't have an effect cd (as far as everyone can tell) is because of backlash damage that it does to the caster, it hits almost as hard as kill shot at 25%, but that also translate to the priest casting it, if your being targeted while using this, then you could quite possibly die. ill use some maths here, death hits you for 10k, you take 10k back (6k if shadow). 10k is almost a 3rd of my priests health on the ptr. painful? yes. OP? not really because you can kill yourself with it if it doesnt kill the target

Hemorrhage: Your Hemorrhage ability also causes the target to bleed, dealing 40% of the direct strike's damage over 24 sec.
    more pve viability to sub, but as someone stated in a pvp situation its not out to get two specs, maybe in a 1v1 it would counter them, but thats the only time i can think this would actually hinder other rogue specs

Blind: Your Blind ability also removes all damage over time effects from the target.
    really needed considering the play style every rogue has now -_-

Shadowburn: If your Shadowburn fails to kill the target at or below 20% health, your Shadowburn's cooldown is instantly reset. This effect has a 6 sec cooldown.
    I haven't used shadowburn so no comment

Soul Swap: Your Soul Swap leaves your damage-over-time spells behind on the target you Soul Swapped from, but gives Soul Swap a 10 sec cooldown.
    I guess someone at blizzard wanted their dots to cleave? I dunno if this one could be considered OP, we'll have to wait til it goes live

Death Wish: Death Wish no longer increases damage taken.
    Another 'too soon can't tell'

also i apologize for the super large post, just giving my two cents on these "OP new glyphs"

Why is the hemo glyph OP? It applies a bleed with the subtlety spec in mind where you can keep rupture up constantly anyway.

Shadowburn: If your Shadowburn fails to kill the target at or below 20% health, your Shadowburn's cooldown is instantly reset. This effect has a 6 sec cooldown.
    See previous, however shadowburn kinda sucks in comparison to the others, course this might change(or have changed already and I don't realize it)
    I love this one. 10k crits in PTR with Shadowburn. <3
    Hi

The Shadowburn, KS, SWD and so on... For PvE this is imba! Use it once, wait 6 sec for the internal cd, cast again, wait 6 sec.......... A pretty nice increase in dps for the last phases <3 too bad I'm not lvling those classes at the beginning ^^

Entangling Roots: Reduces the cast time of your Entangling Roots by 100%, but increases its cooldown by 5 sec.
    Even ferals will use this. Pop out, insta CC melee character, back to cat. As though they couldnt already do this to melee on them with Nature's Grasp in form. And for healers/boomkins this is such an obvious glyph, and very OP since every other CC is now on a 2s cast time. Imagine if this was a Fear or Polymorph glyph. This one's getting nerfed for sure.
    Comparing root to fear or polymorph or cyclone is retarded.

It's not retarded if you're melee. Ask a warrior what he's gonna do in roots. Pretty much the same thing he's gonna do if he's sheeped.

Not to mention helping preventing targets from LOSing caster friends, stopping ppl from reaching drinking teammates, instantly rooting the shadowfiend before it yields mana, found a rogue? insta-root. This turns roots from a spell that's a pretty good thing to cast, if you can get the cast off, into, hitting this button every 5 seconds and the enemy team WILL have to deal with this shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not retarded if you're melee. Ask a warrior what he's gonna do in roots. Pretty much the same thing he's gonna do if he's sheeped.

Not to mention helping preventing targets from LOSing caster friends, stopping ppl from reaching drinking teammates, instantly rooting the shadowfiend before it yields mana, found a rogue? insta-root. This turns roots from a spell that's a pretty good thing to cast, if you can get the cast off, into, hitting this button every 5 seconds and the enemy team WILL have to deal with this shit.
    He can heroic/shattering throw while in it, intimidating shout, bladestorm, heroic fury, and spell reflect while rooted, but he can't do any of that while polymorphed. It's not the same and you should stop trying to make orange juice from a peach.
    BfA Beta Time

While any/all the glyphs can be considered OP by certain classes, those classes may just as easily have abilities to counter them.

The point really is moot as Blizzard is looking at "balancing" stuff for level 85 PvP and closed the current Arena Season specifically because they couldn't or didn't care to balance stuff for 80 which makes sense.

Warrior will just bladestorm out. Charge you, knockdown you, intercept you and fear you.
    Rooted shadowfiend = Dispeled Ineravate everything have counter. ah i forgot Shadowcrawl
    rogue will clos out, sprint out, smoke self so you will not be able aim him.

Its turning roots from shit spell what it was from start into real kitting spell.
    Last edited by Madus; 2010-10-12 at 01:17 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambivalent View Post
    I just read these threads for a good laugh these days. The people that literally RAGE at every change just need to take a step back and realize what they're getting pissed at.
    Yes. The OP's calm, well written post obviously showed his underlying RAAAAGE.

Nowhere did I see him sounding the least bit pissed or any sort of QQ - he was just explaining how he felt about some of the new glyphs.

Have an opinion of your own instead of jumping on the "I'm too cool to have an opinion so I'm going to insult everyone who does" bandwagon.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the concerns regarding the Kill Shot glyph, on the PTR it does roughly 33% the damage that it did on Live, eg. on the dummies on Live my KS generally crits for 35k, on the PTR I was seeing roughly 10-12k ish, which in a PVP + Resilience scenario will be tiny. The only possibly OP part about it would be a very possible burst rotation as such:
    ArcS - KS - KS - Nuke (ChimS, KillC, ExplS) - ArcS - ArcS

A hunter could line that up with full focus and an opponent at near dead, though the possibility of him getting the entire rotation off would be slim, and also the possibility of being at that state of focus is slim (BMs have some advantages through BWs focus reduction and Fervor though). On a dummy that rotation would result in roughly 30-40k damage over 6 seconds (if all crits, closer to 60k).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesia View Post
    Yes. The OP's calm, well written post obviously showed his underlying RAAAAGE.

Nowhere did I see him sounding the least bit pissed or any sort of QQ - he was just explaining how he felt about some of the new glyphs.

Have an opinion of your own instead of jumping on the "I'm too cool to have an opinion so I'm going to insult everyone who does" bandwagon.
    When you title a thread "OP new glyphs", the level headed approach goes out the window. The thread was started as a QQ about glyphs some person thought were too powerful in comparison to....something without having tested, experienced, or even theorycrafted any of the claims. It deteriorated further when it was shown that there wasn't much knowledge behind the OP. That is my opinion, so please feel free to have your own.
    BfA Beta Time

Also, the Soul Swap glyph isn't as good as you seem to think. The DoTs it transfers over are (Seed of) Corruption, Unstable Affliction, and Bane of Agony. Yes, 3, but BoA can only be up on one target, so Soul Swapping it removes it from the previous player regardless of the glyph.

Assuming you cast Corruption, UA, and BoA on one target and then soul swap, you end up with 2 Corruptions, 2 UA's, and 1 BoA across two targets, all in the amount of time it takes to cast one UA, and use 3 GCD (BoA, Corruption, and SS).
    If you DIDN'T use Soul Swap, the same effect can be done with one extra cast time (the second UA), using a GCD for Corruption instead of Soul Swap, and 3% more base mana cost (Soul swap = 18% base mana, UA + Corruption = 21% base mana).

Looking at it that way, you basically get UA on the second target without having to cast it. It's not quite as OP as it seems.

EDIT: And if you end up using Seed of Corruption instead of Corruption, you get the added benefit of another free cast time and cheaper mana cost.
    Last edited by Raynfal; 2010-10-12 at 02:03 PM.