Talking Lets Discuss 4.01 Boomkins

Hey Everyone. Lest discuss the whole boomkin spec/talents for 4.01.

So I play a balance druid, and i personally dont know the changes for them in 4.01, so this thread could possibly be about the changes/talents for other moonkin players who have the same questions I do..
    Q1Do we still rely heavily on crit?

Q2Anyone have a link to the best spec for balance druid?

Q3What are the best glyphs going to be for the current change?

Q4What will our main stat be?

I'll add more questions as people add them...ANd thank you in advance for the Answers!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcattreeowl View Post
    Hey Everyone. Lest discuss the whole boomkin spec/talents for 4.01.

So I play a balance druid, and i personally dont know the changes for them in 4.01, so this thread could possibly be about the changes/talents for other moonkin players who have the same questions I do..
    Q1Do we still rely heavily on crit?

Q2Anyone have a link to the best spec for balance druid?

Q3What are the best glyphs going to be for the current change?

Q4What will our main stat be?

I'll add more questions as people add them...ANd thank you in advance for the Answers!
    There's a lot of this answered in blogs and other forum posts, so you may want to checkt here, but to answer your question:

a) No. Our talents do not rely on crits anymore. We don't get mana back per crit, and Euphoria no longer relies on crit.

b) That's kind of vague, are you talking about PvP or PvE?

c) Right now, Starsurge, Moonfire, and Insect Swarm are the best DPS increases.

d) Haste.

I discuss the rotation/glyphs here: http://www.owlkin.org/cataclysm/4-0-...tation-glyphs/

Please try to read through the previous forum posts before starting a redundant thread, because all of this is pretty much talked about in the first few pages of the forums, thanks.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

I meant PvE spec, my fault. And thank you very much for the answers!

Deleted
    Go to elitistjerks.com's forums and search for the 4.0 balance thread. There u got the best guide out atm and should be the best to follow dps wise. Oh and starfury starsurge is no good :/

Do we really need YABKT?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    There's a lot of this answered in blogs and other forum posts, so you may want to checkt here, but to answer your question:

a) No. Our talents do not rely on crits anymore. We don't get mana back per crit, and Euphoria no longer relies on crit.

b) That's kind of vague, are you talking about PvP or PvE?

c) Right now, Starsurge, Moonfire, and Insect Swarm are the best DPS increases.

d) Haste.

I discuss the rotation/glyphs here: http://www.owlkin.org/cataclysm/4-0-...tation-glyphs/

Please try to read through the previous forum posts before starting a redundant thread, because all of this is pretty much talked about in the first few pages of the forums, thanks.
    Please refrain from plugging your useless site if you're not going to discuss the merits of anything or post anything other than what you do, let alone correct all the other incorrect pages included in the site. It's in the blog thread at the top if people want to look for outside information, stop plugging it.

PvE we lose reliance on crit RnG for proc gains.
    Talent wise PvE at 80 we can't get master shifter so you're left with a 31/2/3 build.
    Leveling up you may prefer to pick up some utility talents but pure PvE output it's optional between Moonglow efficiency and Owlkin frenzy for damage, everything else is fairly straight forward(Gale winds, solar beam and Fungal growth get left out).

Glyphs Moonfire and Insect swarm are strong with the buffs to dot damage, wrath and starsurge are the options for 3rd dependant on style and fight length, starfire glyph becomes weaker than current as renewing moonfire more often is less loss due to new natures grace mechanic.
    Majors I'll go Starfall, Focus and Thorns. Focus is a play style choice(limiting your range a lot) I'll use for 5mans leveling up but may not keep at 85. Thorns are kinda incredible. Innervate, rebirth, entangling roots are the other utility options unless you want to go solar beam(collecting caster groups may be more possible for OP thorns/starfall/hurricane combo).

Intellect becomes spell power as well as all the mana pool benefits now, haste will be your primary other throughput pushing eclipse back and forth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that Sunfyre was saying that all the information is already on the forums but all the information he was looking for was compiled on one page on his blog. I don't really consider that plugging, just being helpful for the people who don't necessarily care to read every thread that's been written on the forums. No need to get sassy.

Aerie Peak 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 86 / 90 / 90 Kel'Thuzad 90 Tichondrius 90 / 90

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Avey, I just didn't feel like re-writing something that had already been written. I have no real reason to plug, as I receive no revenue from my blog, and pay all hosting costs just because I enjoy, well, writing about balance druids. But hey, thanks for quoting the link in the post you talk about me plugging my blog. You just plugged it again for me.

Furthermore -- level 80 has no mana issues whatsoever, there's no reason to go 31/2/3. It'd be more wise to go 31/0/5 and pick up the extra moonfire direct damage.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    Yes a 31/0/5 build should be strongest, leaving moonglow, dreamstate, overgrowth, fungal growth and solar beam out.

It's not like you get a choice on Overgrowth.

http://wowtal.com/#k=15tOzyhM.a5o.druid.dWrymG

How does this spec look? I am not certian on glyphs and advice would be appreciated.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin535 View Post

How does this spec look? I am not certian on glyphs and advice would be appreciated.
    Why fungal growth? It only works on trees at level 80, it's a waste of talent points.

Also, for Glyphs, drop Wrath and Starfire and pick up Moonfire and Starsurge.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin535 View Post

I can see there quite a lot of wasted points. I would go with this
    http://wowtal.com/#k=15tOzTvD.a5o.druid.QXFRL5

I put there some glyphs to boost typhoon so we'll see its dmg.

Deleted
    I would totally go with Mroz123's talents cuz that's what im going.
    Oh and i would take out starsurge that sunfury mentioned and go with wrath instead

prime:moonfire, insectswarm, wrath (starsurge comes really close, and are more depended on playstyle and if there is gonna be multiple targets)

major:starfall, focus, thorns should be those that give u the best dps increase. But u can change out thorns and focus if u want for rebirth and innervate if u want to get more raid utility but i would go with starfall, focus and rebirth.

minor: unbirden, tyhpoon and your personal choice on the third. I would go with dash or mark of the wild

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by discopolice View Post
    I would totally go with Mroz123's talents cuz that's what im going.
    Oh and i would take out starsurge that sunfury mentioned and go with wrath instead

prime:moonfire, insectswarm, wrath (starsurge comes really close, and are more depended on playstyle and if there is gonna be multiple targets)

major:starfall, focus, thorns should be those that give u the best dps increase. But u can change out thorns and focus if u want for rebirth and innervate if u want to get more raid utility but i would go with starfall, focus and rebirth.

minor: unbirden, tyhpoon and your personal choice on the third. I would go with dash or mark of the wild
    You're going to screw your Starfall radius by 50% for 10% more damage, but not take Starsurge which is going to make you proc Starfall every time Lunar Eclipse is up?

Starsurge glyph is much better than wrath. You have to not realize that it's just shortening the cooldown of Starfall, you have to recognize it's also pretty much guaranteeing that Starfall will be in Lunar Eclipse.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    The pure math on starsurge glyph is that it reduces the cooldown of starfall by 33%. In other words, that increases the damage from starfall by 33%. And this is without counting starsurges from shooting stars.

Swarm/Surge/Moonfire is the way to go these days