Thread: Switching Main

Deleted

Switching Main

Have you ever wanted to reroll a new character with another class and/or race to create a new main?
    But you dont want to do all those reputation grinds, earn all those achivements, collect all those mounts and pets again?

Then what if there was a paid feature that transfered all stuff like that from one character to another but ofc there must be rules about such things:

1. The character you transfer to must be at the same level or higher.
    2. If the characters are different classes, all class-specific stuff will vanish.
    3. Must be on the same realm and faction (other services for that)
    4. Once the process is completed the character you trasfered from will be deleted.

So what do you think guys? Sounds like a reasonable idea?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope this never happens, people will not know how to play their class, much like now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    I hope this never happens, people will not know how to play their class, much like now.
    Thats why they will need to level the other character to atleast the same level to learn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warsaw, Poland, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way
    Basically this. Do you know why DKs have the biggest bad player % of all the classes atm? Because people don't level them from scratch, learning all the abilities in a steady way and checking how they all work, they only have 25 levels (as opposed to 80 for the rest of the classes) to learn their class, and they also try to tank right after leaving the starting zone...
    No, no, no. NO. Even if you level a class to 80, that doesn't make you good at playing it. You can level to 80 without grouping with other people at all and only spamming one ability that is enough to kill one mob at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    One cannot simply walk into Mulgore...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimmo View Post
    Thats why they will need to level the other character to atleast the same level to learn.
    Maybe i'm not understanding something, what would be the point then if you had to level the same class you wanted to transfer to?

unless they change achie for account wide, i'm not going to reroll anything

Deleted
    Maybe i'm not understanding something, what would be the point then if you had to level the same class you wanted to transfer to?
    The whole point of this is for this so you dont have to do all rep grinds, achievements and so on again but you still need to level in order to learn the other class (if it is another class)

Hard to earn mounts/achievements.

Exclusive mounts and feats of strengths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimmo View Post
    The whole point of this is for this so you dont have to do all rep grinds, achievements and so on again but you still need to level in order to learn the other class (if it is another class)
    Oh oh, going back and re-reading again I see this now, meh, I can understand why this would be nice to have but I don't see it being adopted.

The point is that you can transfer your accomplishments (Old achievements, old BoP mounts and pets and things like that.

You would still need to level a new char from 1-85 to reach the endgame, but you would get to keep all the toys of your old main.

Personally I'm more for making achievements account wide and most "toy drops" (pets, mounts and things like the direbrew remote, orb of deception etc) BoA...

I hope they don't even consider this... when your main is a dps and you know nothing about tanking and/or healing and you transfer all your achievements and stuff to your healer/tanker and enter the raid... nuff said
    GearScore - is directly related to Skill; the More you care about it, the Less you have.
    GearScore - is like a Bikini; what it shows is Suggestive, what it hides is far more Important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fuknfreak View Post
    I hope they don't even consider this... when your main is a dps and you know nothing about tanking and/or healing and you transfer all your achievements and stuff to your healer/tanker and enter the raid... nuff said
    A solution to this would simply be having the names of all the characters you've gotten the achivement with on your account listed under the achievement itself, similar to how it is now, e.g "Achievement earned on 10/11/10 by Character1, Character2 and Character3".

Quote Originally Posted by vanillaWoW View Post
    A solution to this would simply be having the names of all the characters you've gotten the achivement with on your account listed under the achievement itself, similar to how it is now, e.g "Achievement earned on 10/11/10 by Character1, Character2 and Character3".
    but that would still show that you have it on character X, but your character Y you know nothing of the game play except that 1 button you pressed while leveling all the way to 80. My point is, you're a dps and rolled tank/healer, your new role is more demanding than dpsing... raid composition 2-3 tanks, 5-6 healers, rest are dps... if a dps dies, it takes longer to kill, if a healer dies, wipe is around the corner, if a tank dies, it's a wipe... I hope I made my point
    GearScore - is directly related to Skill; the More you care about it, the Less you have.
    GearScore - is like a Bikini; what it shows is Suggestive, what it hides is far more Important.

Eh you didnt earn it on that char so its pointless, im rerolling from my war after 5+ years to a mage, losing like 8.4k achievs and mounts but meh, you still have that toon to epeen every now and then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good god no, so much Fotm rerolls as it is.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fuknfreak View Post
    but that would still show that you have it on character X, but your character Y you know nothing of the game play except that 1 button you pressed while leveling all the way to 80. My point is, you're a dps and rolled tank/healer, your new role is more demanding than dpsing... raid composition 2-3 tanks, 5-6 healers, rest are dps... if a dps dies, it takes longer to kill, if a healer dies, wipe is around the corner, if a tank dies, it's a wipe... I hope I made my point
    You dont make any good point, if i do this "Service" i still learn my class like if i wasnt.

Well as someone who is switching mains and did twice in Wrath, I would say I would never use it. You want me to delete the other toon? Naah that isn't going to happen.

As for rare mounts, I have them scattered on various toons, which sucks, but no biggie. I did collect pets on one toon got to 75 or so, but after switching mains I will never grind a .1% drop rate ever again.

The one thing that does suck is the rep. I am switching to prot warrior for cata from my prot pally. I instance leveled on my warrior, so my rep is horrible. At least i have a goal before cata: Get all old world rep to exalted.