Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Newbie MM macro for 4.0.1

Hey everyone!
    I just made 2 macros that gives uber dps to a MM hunter! Try them out:
    Macro 1:
    /Castsequence Serpent Sting, Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot
    (Stop after the last Arcane Shot(you should have 0 focus) and start the second macro)
    Macro 2:
    /Castsequence Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Chimera Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot
    What I find good in this macro is that:
    -You never have to wait for a spell because of focus cost,
    -You always have the ''Improved Steady Shot'' buff,
    -Your sting is always refreshed,
    -You can use Aimed Shot when you get 5 stacks of Master Marksman (So it's instant and costs 0 focus)You can use it anywhere in the macro (I wouldn't do it in the middle of 2 Steady Shots because of the buff though)
    -You can switch targets and it'll be all fine! (Except for the sting part, you need to redo it for better dps)

So yeah try it out and tell me what you guys think!
    My talents/glyphs when I tested it:
    wowtal.com/#k=S1ejRv2.a5o.hunter.qJK
    I had the wolf pet when I tested it, dunno why I should mention this but still!

no offence to you, but i really hope this dosent work, or your a troll, or blizz makes this not work. i really dont wanna go back to the BC BM days of macroing all your stuff to 1 button, no rotation should be 11111111111111111111....

ps. again, no offence to you
    Worgen Druids
    Now we Have Shapeshift in our Shapeshift, so we can Shapeshift while we Shapeshift.

agreed. i know it would make our job much easier but i like to take credit for my good performances. i like to know that im doing good dps/etc cause im a good player and i know what im supposed to do, instead of spamming 1 button for the whole fight.

good effort nonetheless.
    Last edited by Insanus; 2010-10-11 at 03:14 AM.
    BoOoOoOmMmM!

@Xaladan: Agreed, I played a destro lock in BC, and well, hitting 1 is fun but gets tiring. Sad part it won DPS every fight every night.... Let's hope that does not make a come back in the hunter class.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of my fingers is already "muscled up" enough from mashing Steady Shot, please god, no more!

10+ Year Old Account
    Won't you needlessly be wasting focus refreshing Serpent Sting Manually? Since the macro can't reliably include Aimed Shot or Kill Shot, you might as well just not use a macro at all.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milanor View Post
    Won't you needlessly be wasting focus refreshing Serpent Sting Manually? Since the macro can't reliably include Aimed Shot or Kill Shot, you might as well just not use a macro at all.
    ye exectly. Using this macro will be a dps loss as long as you cast your rotation right. Also, don't forget your readiness and rapid fire

Ez mode troll hunter macro lolwut?

Deleted
    No thanx

Nice to see I'm not the only person that actually likes to play the game
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

Deleted
    Call me old fashioned but I like to actually play the game as it's meant to be played. It's way more fun having to learn and improve my performance rather than getting a macro to do my job for me

I tried the macro out on the PTR just to see if it worked. Unfortunately if works rather well if your new to hunting. BUT, it doesn't account for Rapid Fire, Readiness, and of course you will still have to press Aimed Shot when it procs. I also found myself having more focus than I needed (sometimes I can fit in 3 arcane before 2 more steady's then Chimera).

So i took the OP's macro, scrapped it and just started using the same rotation, ie. "Serpent, Arcane till out of focus, steady x2, Arcane x2, Steady x2, Chimera" Repeat. And pulled more dps doing it manually then pressing a macro button. But don't be surprised if you see alot of hunters adopting this macro cause easy=fun??

Also I'm not sure the OP had the glyph of Chimera, that 1 sec cd reduction sort of screws up the rotation as chimera is off CD while your casting the last Steady Shot.

A) You wouldn't redo Macro 1 unless serp drops off/phase change.
    B) As Thjasse points out, haste, dps cooldowns, glyphs all require manual control for optimization.
    C) I'm totally putting these on my alternate cast bar for tv watching during random heroics.

I like how people will always try to let a macro play the game for them.

Nifty, i enjoy playing the game to have one contorted finger.

It's an okay macro for soloing, I suppose, but if you're actually trying to contribute to an instance or raid you should definitely steer clear as you won't be doing anywhere near your potential.

As for those scoffing this as "making the game too easy" and blah blah, yes, having to work out a priority system among 5+ different skills during a fight is fun, but it can also be frustrating as hell, especially for the less coordinated among us. Macroing a couple of shots together can really be beneficial, though I agree what's being shown above is inarguably a detriment to the end-game.

I think this macro is an okay learning tool, but once you've learned the new cooldowns/procs/effects of all your abilities you'll easily get a couple thousand more DPS doing it manually and reacting to the fight since no macro such as this will be able to time your shots and focus management as well as you should ultimately be able to do yourself.

Also, performing rotations and macros on a target dummy is nowhere near the level of actually using them in a fight. I think people relying solely on macros such as these will be in for a rude awakening should they try grouping armed only with the "mash this single button" mentality.

the only huntard macros I liked were the all in one track/mark/petattack/kill command ones

For those of you who want to run with the macro, go ahead! In the end it makes it a lot easier for those that put in the effort to come out on top in the charts and earn their perma-raid spot (by doing it manually ofc)

Deleted
    This is just dps lost cos Piercing shots are not keeping stacking due to many arcanes in a row
    This can be nice for low skilled players , top dpsers will never use macros for rotations

This might help those disabled having lost all 4 fingers on 1 hand lol.