Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The myth about alliance always losing battlegrounds.

I was checking through my statistics and noticed my battleground win/loss ratios yesterday, and given how people say alliance always loses BGs and such, I was surprised to see that wasn't really the case for me, and I'm curious to see what other peoples statistics are and if the whole thing really is a matter of losses weighing more heavily than wins.

Post them in this thread. If you're horde, go ahead and post your sick 2:1 win ratios as well. It can be found in Achievements -> Statistics -> Player vs. Player -> Battlegrounds.

My average win ratio in battlegrounds is 50.18%. 134 wins / 267 total.

48 / 82 Arathi Basin. 58% win

This is the one people claim the horde ALWAYS win, and I personally felt this was the case. Guess not.

24 / 50 Alterac Valley. 48% win

Funny enough, AV, the only BG people say alliance wins the most on, I got a worse off win ratio.

18 / 39 Eye of the Storm, 46% win

18 / 38 Strands of the Ancient, 47% win

24 / 53 Warsong Gulch, 45% Win

10 / 25 Isle of Conquest, 40% Win

The stats combine into 287 total battles, of which I've won 142. Not sure why the statistics bar shows 267 total. Maybe it counts leaving BGs as losses for specific ones?

Either way, my stats are pretty close to 50% across the board, but I don't do BGs a lot, mainly because I think it's boring and uncoordinated as hell. And low representations will make stats appear skewed.

What are your stats? Are there people with a significant amount of battlegrounds not run in premades who got a >50% win ratio, especially people on alliance.
    Last edited by Dalavita; 2010-10-11 at 08:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    horde dominate forums

if there server wins more they think every battlegroup is the same

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on battlegroup.
    Rampage for example has HORRBILE alliance bgs

Quote Originally Posted by broflmao View Post
    Depends on battlegroup.
    Rampage for example has HORRBILE alliance bgs
    My stats are mainly from Rampage. Only just recently did I swap to Outland - Misery, but I haven't really done any BGs since.

Mines Rampage EU tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    On Ruin US its basically 50/50.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play horde on Stormreaver, and i admit that my W/L rat. is around 50/50 aswell..

same for retaliation.

Exuse me my good sir but i did your math and acording to the number of BGs you've given your stats for says you have a 46,16% win ratio. just wanted you to know^^, but i don't know why your statbar show a lower number,
    Awesome sign by Safhira

Quote Originally Posted by Brisingarmen View Post
    Exuse me my good sir but i did your math and acording to the number of BGs you've given your stats for says you have a 46,16% win ratio. just wanted you to know^^
    142 / 287 = 49.4%

I've done way more ABs compared to the rest of the battlegrounds, you can't combine all the percentage values and divide it by six. It'd be like winning 90% of 50 ABs and playing 1 BG of each type and losing them and getting a 15% win ratio.
    Last edited by Dalavita; 2010-10-11 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalavita View Post
    142 / 287 = 49.4%
    ahhh, sorry just took the procenteges there was standing for each BG
    Awesome sign by Safhira

Deleted
    Horde battleground domination is a complete myth. All alliance that faction changed because of this supposed domination clearly got tricked and should return to alliance.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/bg_list.php?id=0&lb=0

Arathi Basin.
    Complete horde domination, alliance can't spread out their defense good enough or just don't have the patience. They also can't seem to communicate as good. This is where I rack up alot of my BG wins. 159 played, 115 won

Alterac Valley.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ce-biased-quot
    Posters did a good list of all the faults of AV here. I usually try to round up a party of gankers in the middle to take out the alliance zergers after the initial rush. about 50/50 win/loss ratio

Eye of the Storm
    it is somehow way to rush friendly, still won like 58 out of 89 matches.

Strands of the Ancient
    here is where I get most of my losses, alliance always have lots of PvE glass cannon moonkins/ele shamans/arcane mages jump in the tanks or on the balconies, insta gibbing anything that get close. I barely won 1/3 of my fights here.

Warsong Gulch
    183 played, 118 won. I don't know about other horde's win/loss but I personally believe I am very good at retrieving horde flag back.

Isle of Conquest
    52 played 29 won. This one is so random I just "RUSH MIDDLE" or "GOGO HANGAR". Which I'll defend till the match ends.

645 played, 395 won. I never quit BGs even when we lose hard or get the dreaded strand of the ancient
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...mer&cn=Grimgar
    edit - This character is fresh on a fresh account created late in WotLK, haven't played for a couple of months though
    Last edited by mmoc36b6ef5d75; 2010-10-11 at 07:48 AM.

well this is not a myth at the raserei/frenzy battlegroup i have 180 wins at 304 games
    av 55games 17 wins
    ab 74 games 50 wins
    eos 47 games 28 wins
    sota 53 games 39 wins
    wsg 54 games 30 wins
    ioc 33 games 21 wins

well if you do the maths it is actually 316 games 185 wins but 95% of my lost games are from the german speaking servers that were addes to the battlegroup so as far as we talking about the english speaking players of my battlegroup with the exception of av they are losing more than 90% of the games. but ofc then the germans came and we are facing them 8/10 times

Stormstrike BG? More like Hordestrike.

Well, this is annoying.

917 total BG's played (over 5 Alliance characters on Bloodlust Battlegroup)

474 wins.

That totally goes against my perception. It seems like we lose constantly.

It almost doesn't seem possible lol
    Last edited by Dallanon; 2010-10-11 at 07:58 AM. Reason: forgot to add battlegroup.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play Stormstrike as Ally and its abysmal.

Played 378
    Won 123

AV 17/76
    AB 31/83
    EotS 36/86
    WSG 25/68
    IoC 14/65

Our servers WG record is pretty good. its likts 45/55 to the Horde.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2010-10-11 at 08:03 AM.

Deleted
    eu Cyclone is even tbh, also depends on time of the day/week.

Paladin: 53:75(w/l)
    Warrior: 46:37
    Death Knight: 71:71
    Rogue: 107:85
    Total: 277:268 (50.8% wins)
    Last edited by Mijen; 2010-10-11 at 08:04 AM.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalavita View Post
    48 / 82 Arathi Basin. 51% win
    Not really.

You know what's really funny ? When I go on my horde alt you get the exact same idea reversed... "horde never win" etc.

On my battlegroup it seems very even for both factions except wsg which horde win probably 8 out of 10 and AV where alliance have a slightly better win rate. I'm on Cruelty/Crueldad BG. If I look on my statistics page I have something like a 80/90%% win rate in all BG's but that's mostly because I normally que with a premade and when I don't I leave pugs if they are useless and I don't think uncompleted BG's are added.

Deleted
    Alliance Misery (that is actually the name of group, but.. : )
    my DK stats, didn't play it for a while, but anyway:

45Alterac Valley battles
    26Alterac Valley victories
    40Arathi Basin battles
    21Arathi Basin victories
    41Eye of the Storm battles
    23Eye of the Storm victories
    71Strand of the Ancients battles
    47Strand of the Ancients victories
    49Warsong Gulch battles
    26Warsong Gulch victories
    14Isle of Conquest battles
    3Isle of Conquest victories

So, usually BG sucks, but ye, it's 50-50 generally.
    Except the Isle of Conquest ofc that's where Horde facerolls a lot if not anywhere else