Thread: 310 in 4.0 ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by haydude View Post
    Cerus, I think you're misreading him.
    The easiest way to explain it is this: Mounts no longer have a specific speed attached to them. Whatever "riding skill" you have determines your mount's speed now. If you have 310% riding skill then all your flying mounts are 310% now. Every single one. To get this riding skill you either need to buy it for 5k, or already have a 310% mount obtained before the patch.

This of course obviously means if you get a mount after the patch that used to be 310%, it will only be whatever your flying speed is, so don't go farming Uld10 after tomorrow hoping to still get free 310% flying. The mounts will only be 280% (or even 150% if that's all you have)
    Not misreading him at all. What he is trying to claim is the only 310 mount will be the arena mounts and the only way to get 310 speed is either get one now before the patch or buy it. This is wrong. You can either pay the 5k or farm a 310. No mounts are having their speeds reduced - period.

---------- Post added 2010-10-11 at 02:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bakinpacman View Post
    Obtaining a 310% mount after the purchasable 310% flying speed update comes out will not get you 310% flying speed for free as all epic flying mounts will be changed to 280% flying speed from the update onwards. However purchasing the 310% flying speed will then allow all your mounts to fly at 310% flying speed.
    Are you people dense? No mounts are being changed. Get one for free now or later or pay for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

I certainly hope Cerus is right on this one, because I am a mere 2 weeks away from my Violet Proto Drake due to some horrible RNG that left me sans Sinister Squashling last year, and remains the last thing I need for the drake. If the patch hits and getting the Violet will no longer save me 5k, I will be quite unhappy, to put it nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Anxt of Detheroc View Post
    I certainly hope Cerus is right on this one, because I am a mere 2 weeks away from my Violet Proto Drake due to some horrible RNG that left me sans Sinister Squashling last year, and remains the last thing I need for the drake. If the patch hits and getting the Violet will no longer save me 5k, I will be quite unhappy, to put it nicely.
    Just do some searching for Ghostcrawlers post on the drakes a while back. When asked about the drake removal he clearly stated that they have no plans to remove them. That players can farm them @85 if they want or pay the 5kg. Those that obtained them before they were easy mode will have the achievement date to brag with. In addition there will be new "hey look at me on my cool mount" mounts in Cata that only top tier guilds will obtain.

All that is changing is the ability to people to just spend 5kg instead of trying to get 10 people to go do old achievements. Both are easy to do now and will be easier to do in Cata. It also will add what Druids currently get - Flight form going 310 speed once a 310 is obtained except now it will apply to all mounts.

The only change is that Mims head and Invincible will probably NOT be 100% drop rates anymore.
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

You buy it, you get 310 across all flying mounts.

IM IN BETA I KNOW BRO OKAY. :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Just do some searching for Ghostcrawlers post on the drakes a while back. When asked about the drake removal he clearly stated that they have no plans to remove them. That players can farm them @85 if they want or pay the 5kg. Those that obtained them before they were easy mode will have the achievement date to brag with. In addition there will be new "hey look at me on my cool mount" mounts in Cata that only top tier guilds will obtain.
    "Mounts not being removed" != "mounts will still give you free 310 training."

It is my understanding that if you earn the Ulduar or ICC drakes later* they will not automatically give you free training to the 310 speed. To get the free training, you will have to earn them now. But, no, the mounts themselves are not disappearing.

*I do not know if this goes live in 4.0.1 or 4.0.3 or Cataclysm
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Here - I did the searching for you.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...geNo=1&sid=1#7

Page 1 and 2.

The exploration and quest achievements probably won't change. If you have the achievements, you won't lose them. If you don't have them, you can still get them, but obviously you'll have different quests or areas to explore. The greatest risk is to players who are almost done with one of these achievements, because they might suddenly have to do more than they thought (say 100 quests instead of 50).

We aren't removing MC or BWL as of this writing. We aren't going out of our way to remove old legendaries. The only risk there in a case like Thunderfury is if we change a zone like Silithus so much that the quests become hard to keep intact.

You can still get "What a Long Strange Trip It's Been." In general, we are going to go bend over backwards to not remove existing achievements.

Q u o t e:
    What about achievement rewards like Glory of the Hero's red proto drake? As players get stronger in Cataclysm, achievements like that one will become very easy. Would it make sense to retire the reward to honor those who completed the achievement in its glory days?

This is all tentative and could change, but we don't really have a problem with protodrake farming. What we will probably do with really unusual mounts like Mimiron's Head and Invincible is make them a rare drop. The 100% drop rate won't make sense when you can overpower the content.

If you want to overpower the content for a drake though, go for it. Players who did it "legit" had the benefit of having the achievement and mount earlier than anyone else. The most prestigious mounts will change in Cataclysm.

PS. I am in Beta and can screenshot it if you like but - 310 mount tooltips state "This is an extremely fast mount" whereas 280s state "This is a very fast mount"
    Last edited by Cerus; 2010-10-11 at 07:43 PM.

Page 1 and 2.

The exploration and quest achievements probably won't change. If you have the achievements, you won't lose them. If you don't have them, you can still get them, but obviously you'll have different quests or areas to explore. The greatest risk is to players who are almost done with one of these achievements, because they might suddenly have to do more than they thought (say 100 quests instead of 50).

We aren't removing MC or BWL as of this writing. We aren't going out of our way to remove old legendaries. The only risk there in a case like Thunderfury is if we change a zone like Silithus so much that the quests become hard to keep intact.

You can still get "What a Long Strange Trip It's Been." In general, we are going to go bend over backwards to not remove existing achievements.

Q u o t e:
    What about achievement rewards like Glory of the Hero's red proto drake? As players get stronger in Cataclysm, achievements like that one will become very easy. Would it make sense to retire the reward to honor those who completed the achievement in its glory days?

This is all tentative and could change, but we don't really have a problem with protodrake farming. What we will probably do with really unusual mounts like Mimiron's Head and Invincible is make them a rare drop. The 100% drop rate won't make sense when you can overpower the content.

If you want to overpower the content for a drake though, go for it. Players who did it "legit" had the benefit of having the achievement and mount earlier than anyone else. The most prestigious mounts will change in Cataclysm.
    this says nothing about mount speeds, just that the achievements will not be removed and you can still get them

The OP's question is: can you still get the 310% mount speed for free from achievements
    From all the links you have posted the answer is a definitive "no one knows"

Page 1 and 2.

Q u o t e:

Again, you and other people are not talking about the same thing. We all know that the drakes are not being removed. What is being discussed is whether or not, because what they will have to change about mounts behind the scenes to make them all scale, you will still get a free flying skill upgrade if you get a Uld drake or ICC after the patch comes. Again, nothing has been stated about this. No one is debating that they are not being removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Irrelevant. Those links and quotes are regarding whether the mounts being removed (they are not). No one is saying they are going to be removed entirely. The question is: will current 310 mounts give you free 310 speed training if you earn them after Cataclysm (or 4.0.1). You say yes, but you've offered nothing to support that fact except evidence that the mounts are not going away. The mounts staying in game is a vast divide from the mounts offering free 310 training.

Everything I have read and seen in patch notes and in beta, is that only those who have 310s NOW will get free training. Others will be able to earn the achievement mounts later but it will NOT save them the 5k needed if they want to buy the highest tier flight training.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/27026...ounts-in-cata/

The Blue seems to imply that my feelings are accurate here when he uses the conditional "now." In other places, the terminology "grandfathered in" has been used, once again implying that it will apply only to those who currently have the mounts and not those who earn the 310s in the future.

For someone acting like everyone who thinks otherwise is a moron, you sure have not posted much support for your assertion.

| twitch | bsky
    |

im not seeing any facts here, just lots of people arguing, is there a blue post that states u can still get the 310% mount after the patch drops and not have to pay 5k?

We'll find out in about 24 hours, How's about those apples?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zomgimawsome View Post
    im not seeing any facts here, just lots of people arguing, is there a blue post that states u can still get the 310% mount after the patch drops and not have to pay 5k?
    Nope hence the arguing. At this point no one has any idea if the mount speed will be altered or not. Unless someone has went through Uld on the ptr/beta and did the entire achievement on a character that doesn't already have the 310% speed boost, we won't know until after tomorrow when someone does it or after the launch of Cata. Anyone claiming it is going to happen one way or another has no idea and is basing everything completely on speculation.

Edit: I am inclined to believe that the speed is not changing as the tooltips remain the same as Cerus has stated. I imagine that obtaining one will grant you the training even after Cata as the mounts are still probably harder to obtain than 5000g will be at that point.
    Last edited by conscript; 2010-10-11 at 08:02 PM.

Well how bout you go read the whole thread eh? The discussion is about the mounts AND their prestige. The Uld drakes at 280 would just be another protodrake with a different color - the prestige is their speed and once upon a time difficulty to obtain. Yes mount speeds will scale based on your riding but there are STILL 310% speed mounts. If they were no longer 310 no one would give a fuck about them - people don't want the Violet because it's purple - they want it because it's 310.

They could still change it and remove the achievement drakes but currently in Beta this IS how it functions. Why? Because there will be new bragging mounts in Cata and achievements are dated. Common sense people.

Or you could just read my PS - 310 mounts are still "extremely fast mounts".

Tziva - the post you linked is a discussion and clarification about the boost. It started to sound like you'd still have to pay if you owned a 310. Not about the mounts speeds changing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zomgimawsome View Post
    No, the only thing that has been explicitly stated by Blue is this:
    • The current 310 achievement mounts will not be removed
    • Those who currently have 310 achievement mounts will automatically be granted the new 310 training level.

It has not been confirmed (nor denied) explicitly by Blue whether people who earn the achievement drakes after this change will get the free training. The general consensus on beta is that they will not. The burden of proof is on Cerus if he insists otherwise and so far I've not seen any relevant cites from him on it.

We are also not sure if this applies in 4.0.1 or 4.0.3 or Cataclysm.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2010-10-11 at 07:57 PM.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    The question is: will current 310 mounts give you free 310 speed training if you earn them after Cataclysm (or 4.0.1).
    Actually, the question was will 310 flight be purchasable in 4.0.

The answer is yes.

/thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    The burden of proof is on Cerus if he insists otherwise and so far I've not seen any relevant cites from him on it.

We are also not sure if this applies in 4.0.1 or 4.0.3 or Cataclysm.
    Do I really need to screenshot the Beta tooltips on these mounts?

Non epic ground mounts scale to epic if you have it - their tooltips do not have any speed notation.

Epic ground mounts are very fast mounts.

Non epic flyers scale and have no speed notation.

Epic flyers are very fast mounts.

310 epic flyers are extremely fast mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do I really need to screenshot the Beta tooltips on these mounts?
    Go ahead, I'm not sure what that accomplishes. Mount tooltips saying 310 != free training. You're debating points (whether the mounts themselves are changing or being removed) that no one is arguing. I'm not arguing those points and best I can tell, nor is anyone else. I was simply responding to the questions about free 310 flight training via 310 mount ownership post-patch.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Willing View Post
    310% mount speed will be available for purchase once 4.0.1 goes live tuesday. it costs 5k.
    i have not seen this in the patch notes, for 4.0.1, might have missed something. did i?

10+ Year Old Account
    If they were no longer 310 no one would give a fuck about them - people don't want the Violet because it's purple - they want it because it's 310.
    i want it because it's purple
    purple is my favorite color bro