Self-healing gone?

Noticed that the healing part of Judgement of Light (or well, Judgement now) isn't there anymore? Did I miss something here or dont we have any way of automatic selfhealing by hitting stuff in the face, other that the little random Seal-proc (if we use that crappy seal instead of Truth)?

If that's the case, what about all my soloing of old content? I went into MC just to test it yesterday and dragged together my usual groups of6-8 mobs... they almost killed me due to not healing anywhere near before!

I know I know, soloing old content is retarded, I'm retarded, everything that is not supermega-endgame-hardmode is retarded. But still, I enjoy it and now it's broken? Or have I totally overlooked something?

15+ Year Old Account
    JoL healing is indeed gone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    Word of Glory heals for like 12k at 3 HP at the moment so I doubt you will have trouble soloing old content.

Edit: I have only tested Prot and Holy, both which got increased WoG healing.
    Im getting 12-13k WoG crits in my gear in a normal PvE build (i.e. no +healing or + WoG talents).

I'll have to try inserting WoG into my soloing-rotation then and see if it's strong enough. Will probably be tricky to have to wait for a 3HP all the time but worth a shot! :/

Paladins shouldn't be able to heal in the first place!

If you use the "crappy" seal which heals with every single melee hit and also provides mana, i doubt you'll have any problems at all soloing old world content. Soloing old world content is mostly about surviving, and the seal of insight heals more than the old self heal ever did, and you get heaps of mana aswell for quick flash of light healing (which have been buffed if you didnt notice)

Quote Originally Posted by Azimon View Post
    If you use the "crappy" seal which heals with every single melee hit and also provides mana, i doubt you'll have any problems at all soloing old world content. Soloing old world content is mostly about surviving, and the seal of insight heals more than the old self heal ever did, and you get heaps of mana aswell for quick flash of light healing (which have been buffed if you didnt notice)
    It's not a guaranteed heal, it's a chance on hit.. and believe me, I've ran a LOT of old content; Insight doesnt cover 25% of the healing that the old judgement provided. Healing youself with flash-heal or whatever is not viable as you lower your guard when casting a non-instant heal = you get heavily hammered and the net effect is a loss of HP, even if the flash of light will crit.

Anyway, I was just looking forward to the chance of farming the birdy-mount from Tempest Keep, that why I'm /crying a bit about the self-healing! :P

Deleted
    i went and did my usual zg/kara/mc runs last night.

I ended up giving up on ret as the self healing was so bad and killing everything in my holy pve build which doesnt have the dps talents. Sulfuron harbringer took me 17 minutes!. tried it as ret but couldnt heal through the damage, not even divine storm healing as theres 5 mobs was good enough. And yes i tried WoG aswel.

The whole name plates bugging out realy doesnt help when trying to kill core hounds i must add.

Sacred shield absorbs and JoL are soooo noticable.

It's probablbly because i am just realy bad as ret, but after wards i specced it prot to give it some fun in heriocs, and i was doing bigger crits and better damage than i was in ret : /

Highest TV i got was 17k or so while SotR was at 23k at times. Prot rotation itself is so much cleaner to me aswel.

I tried to solo the tiger boss in ZG yesterday and got my ass handed to me

I died once on the initial trash and had 3 failed attempts on boss.

I'm sure it's just a learning curve and getting used to the new mechanics but it was frustrating nevertheless. I just couldn't pump out enough DPS to make the fight short enough to survive

This was in Ret BTW - about 5800GS

10+ Year Old Account
    But it is all really silly. If ya wanna heal yourself properly with WoG ya have to have 3 HP up. And if ya wanna do some proper dmg with DS ya have to have 3 HP up as well. So it really force ya to choose between DS and WoG while doin' bit harder things. I find that silly simply coz if ya won't use DS on multiple mobs, fight will take longer, which means ya will receive more dmg and ya will have to heal yourself even more.
    "Not that I mind senseless violence, manling, but what are you doing to that old man?" - Gotrek, the Trollslayer

Deleted
    When solo'ing, your damage usually isn't that much of a priority, so a 3-Holy Power Word of Glory can easily be snug in. Not to mention you're hitting like a truck on single-target, so the damage loss is more than accounted for(assuming not every single Holy Power is spend on healing)

I ran Zul'Gurub and Karazhan for the mounts yesterday, and while the lack of full blocks, aborbs and Judgement healing, I could easily keep myself up with Word of Glory. Only problem was handling the adds without being able to see their health on Thekal.

EDIT: This is as Protection, of course
    Last edited by mmocad36d6f61e; 2010-10-14 at 08:53 AM.

Deleted
    Word of Glory + PotI + EG are nice healing talents in PVP and PVE, plus if you add crusade into the levelling/BG mix you have a potent combo. Also don't forget that at times you can also use *cough* bandages for some extra healing xD