Wink Leveling a Mage or Lock?

I'm trying to decide what class to roll in 4.0.1. What's more promising in this build, locks or mages? I intend to hit 75ish before cata, and can have one of the two for early heroic gearing. I've played melee so long that it has become boring, and want to change it up. Healing has no place for me :P

Does anyone have a comparison of the two? I will be rolling a worgen of the class I don't choose.

Locks get fel guard at lvl 10, HHAYOOOOOOOOOOOO

how are locks endgame wise in beta?

Since the Cata Raiding testing has not been done yet it is hard to answer your question, but:

Warlocks and Mages are both the best source of AoE damage and have a great capability of CC in heroics (and hopefully for raid trash as well). As far as DPS numbers, they are fairly in line with one another.

This is largely a play style choice. From my perspective the largest difference between the 2 classes is DoT management versus Casting times. Since both classes provide a great amount of utility and flexibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by NGRazor
    If Russia suddenly put Satan in charge of their nukes and then they sent hellfire down on the Untied States, don't you think the U.S. would be pretty damn pissed when Russia said "well, we didn't know Satan would betray us."

depends,
    * do u like pets
    * do u like direct damage or ½Dots/½ direct damage

i have one of each and the play style is rather different

and u can never tell whats most promising. when 4.1 hits at some point favor might shift to the class u didnt pick, and when u reroll at 4.1 and patch 4.2 comes it might shift back and ur stuck at FoTM rerolling(Flavour of The month) and not what suits ur playstyle most.