Poll: spec

Frost DW, 2h, or Unholy - 4.0?

So with the patch coming tomorrow, some of us might obviously want to read up a summary of the changes our classes have gone through and what to expect tomorrow. My question is, since i haven't gotten a beta invite or bothered with the PTR much - What is going to be the most fun/best dps wise spec tomorrow?

I've played DW frost ever since it became viable due to liking the animations/playstyle of DW and especially Frost...

So which spec will be best now? reasons & personal opinions would be nice

I like the pet and disease changes for Unholy, and those were always the things that drew me towards the spec in the first place.

That said, 2h Frost was my favorite for awhile, but it doesn't look too different, not nearly as interesting as Unholy, anyway.

Voting Unholy / Blood off.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

Blizzard can call Blood a Dedicated Tanking Tree but that doesn't mean I'm not going to spec blood and DPS anyway, thinking they can make me stop playing my Death Knight by screwing with Blood. Heck No!. In all seriousness if Frost 2h isn't completely stupid I may give it a chance, I played Unholy for a while but whats the point, there's nothing fun in that rotation / system.

Long Live DANCING RUNE WEAPON + Hysteri + Trinket + Speed Pot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Willing to give 2h frost a go, but not if it uses Unholy presence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntic View Post
    Willing to give 2h frost a go, but not if it uses Unholy presence.
    http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t105701-..._you_found_me/

It's saying that 2h frost will use Unholy. I, for one, am glad for a 2h dps spec with out a pet.

I like my DW frost DK...

i have played DW frost for the mostpart but I might go back and try out unholy and 2h frost

I have always liked unholy, so im going to stick with that. for my OS ill go dual-wield frost

I plan to stay DW Frost. thats what I am now. I don't really like having a pet to deal with.
    Last edited by balgus82; 2010-10-12 at 02:42 AM.

now that 2h frost is finally viable im gonna go for it. i personally think it will be the best choice for leveling. with "on a pale horse" getting to zones, moving in zones and not to mention archaeology will go alot quicker. also that pesky pet in unholy is really annoying.

which build that is best dps-wise is hard to tell at this point. unholy looks good, but still, frost is what i will go. and a 2nd bonus for frost is that if you get a better 2hander or 1handers its the same glyphs and just to switch 6 talent points respec. most other priorities and abilities will be the same as 2h frost.

that said, a friend of mine that does read alot about dk mechanics etc. do think that unholy will be the winning dps spec. guess we'll find out on wednesday during our raid :P

gonna be strange to not use pestilence or icy touch that much anymore. i really recommend you to go to elitistjerks.com. dks are the most detailed class on those forums and you will find every single little detail you crave there. cudos for a awesome job on dks elitistjerks <3

/regards,
    Mori the Insane

15+ Year Old Account
    33.33% for each option when I voted. Seems pretty split so far lol.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    DW frost is gonna be better, SURE 2h frost you get 12-19k Obliterates, but DW you get 2 10-14k Obliterates lol
    The world is an unfair, unjust, uncaring place, get used to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going Unholy. As much as I want to Dual Wield as my Death Knight, I prefer my Perma-Ghoul more. Wish there was DW Unholy.

But one cannot have it all, so I will DPS as Unholy and Tank in Blood.

I wonder... is Dancing Rune Weapon still /facepalm? What about Army of the Dead?

I can't wait to use the latter. I'm having a hard time getting my DK to 80. Dungeons never pop up and questing tires me out w/o a dungeon to break it up.

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

If you are asking which is better Unholy by quite a lot dps wise. Ill be switching to it as the new rotation is more similar to the blood dps rotation currently.

Unholy, because it got back at least a bit of it's feeling when the class was introduced. The problem atm is that both 2h specs still asume one has lolmourne. W/o legendary dw comes out quite a bit ahead. Beeing a raider and having to care for these things sucks .

As of right now the order goes DW Frost>2hander unholy>2hander frost>>>>DW unholy. The first 3 are only about 200 dps apart, and that doesn't take fights with with any mechanics or movements factored in. You're better off just going with whichever spec you feel most comfortable with. Personally I'm going with 4/0/32.
    Last edited by Ulgrim; 2010-10-12 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    As of right now the order goes DW Frost>2hander unholy>2hander frost>>>>DW unholy. The first 3 are only about 200 dps apart, and that doesn't take fights with with any mechanics or movements factored in. You're better off just going with whichever spec you feel most comfortable with. Personally I'm going with 4/0/32.
    And w/o shadowmourne there is a 1k dps drop for unholy and 900 dps for 2hfrost which makes it more like:
    dw frost >>> 2h frost > 2h unholy >> dw unholy

Not that it matters alot with everyone doing at least 12.6k dps w/o icc buff.
    Edith says:
    There is ofc the bug that makes offhand oblits from frost hit like wet noodles, which puts dw down quite a notch.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2010-10-12 at 05:07 AM. Reason: FOR EDITH!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThewF View Post
    Blizzard can call Blood a Dedicated Tanking Tree but that doesn't mean I'm not going to spec blood and DPS anyway, thinking they can make me stop playing my Death Knight by screwing with Blood. Heck No!. In all seriousness if Frost 2h isn't completely stupid I may give it a chance, I played Unholy for a while but whats the point, there's nothing fun in that rotation / system.

Long Live DANCING RUNE WEAPON + Hysteri + Trinket + Speed Pot.
    Recheck the tree.. you might want to reconsider. And hysteria is gone.