Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Khamael View Post
    Where should it be better? It#s different, but the DPS increase can only be equal... correct me if I'm wrong, but 20% haste can never be bettr than 20% dmg...can it?
    20% haste, if I understand things correctly, knocks 2 seconds of your rune regenration time, as well as giving you more sudden doom procs (and if cast on a 2h frost DK, more MotFW procs)

e: Would make your rune regen time 8.33s repeating in frost presence, 7.4s in improved unholy presence.

By the Gods i swear i will DPS as Blood. AND MAKE IT WORK!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn View Post
    20% haste, if I understand things correctly, knocks 2 seconds of your rune regenration time, as well as giving you more sudden doom procs (and if cast on a 2h frost DK, more MotFW procs)

e: Would make your rune regen time 8.33s repeating in frost presence, 7.4s in improved unholy presence.
    Yeah... but having 20% more rune uptime/20%more RP/whatelse just can't be better than jsut doing 20% more dps with everything!
    See what i mean? man that's a weirds topic to discuss^^

Quote Originally Posted by Khathrok View Post
    That will really give you a hard time *lolz*

Deleted
    Yeah... but having 20% more rune uptime/20%more RP/whatelse just can't be better than jsut doing 20% more dps with everything!
    See what i mean? man that's a weirds topic to discuss^^
    Hysteria was only physical damage, so diseases, necrosis, BCB Death Coil & Ghoul was not boosted.

Unholy frenzy won't affect Disease damage, but you could cast it before gargoyle, where old Hysteria wouldn't have an effect.

Now I could see UH DK using it on self when their ghoul has transformed, and just before spawning gargoyle for much greater effectiveness than Hysteria ever produced.

I just got schooled 2 days ag that only haste rating on gear affects rune cooldown, not buffs.

the universe's only constant is change.
    get used to it
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

10+ Year Old Account
    Do prot warriors dps and make it work? Prot pallies? So I doubt you will make it work.

Yeah, its called tanking and not totally failing at it.

Hop to it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nye View Post
    I just got schooled 2 days ag that only haste rating on gear affects rune cooldown, not buffs.
    I wouldn't count on this being final just yet. There was a pretty bad bug (might even still be there) where windfury effects were actually increasing the rune refresh time. So it's possible that buffs will affect rune CD time, but it is not final, yet.

It was intended that haste should benefit DK's just as much as it does other melee classes, warriors get more rage from more white attacks, rogues get more procs (but not faster energy regen), shamans get more WF weapon procs, more Maelstrom procs etc.

Since dps DKs lost BCB and necrosis, haste, and haste based procs were affected. Now, frost has killing machine, but it's PPM based, so haste doesn't help, (I'm uncertain the mechnics of the 2-hander spec talent, I don't know if it's swing based or PPM based) and unholy has sudden doom. This leaves them a little behind the other melee classes regarding the 10% melee haste buff.

It may happen down the line, or before 4.0.3, but I don't think the question of WF buffing rune regen is fully answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    Hysteria was only physical damage, so diseases, necrosis, BCB Death Coil & Ghoul was not boosted.

Unholy frenzy won't affect Disease damage, but you could cast it before gargoyle, where old Hysteria wouldn't have an effect.

Now I could see UH DK using it on self when their ghoul has transformed, and just before spawning gargoyle for much greater effectiveness than Hysteria ever produced.

Hysteria has always boosted necrosis and blood caked blade, you just don't understand why. Increasing white damage increases necrosis damage as well because it's based on white damage, hysteria also boosts blood caked blade because it's physical damage.

We will probably be using unholy frenzy on ourselves for now but ideally we will be using it on fury warriors when blizzard fixes them because they will get a greater benefit from it due to the unshackled fury master.

And in response to the poster you replied to, a self cast unholy frenzy is better than a self cast hysteria because it affects more of our damage, and gives us a slight fallen crusader uptime boost in addition to 20% more of everything other than diseases.

Where should it be better? It#s different, but the DPS increase can only be equal... correct me if I'm wrong, but 20% haste can never be bettr than 20% dmg...can it?
    It can certainly be better than 20% PHYSICAL damage for an unholy DK.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Mark of blood was crap, wandering plague will be missed but was very hard to balance properly.

I always hated corpse explosion.
    Mark of Blood was never crap, It used to have a duration not charges so you could have it on a target for like 30 seconds for lolspam healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    Mark of Blood was never crap, It used to have a duration not charges so you could have it on a target for like 30 seconds for lolspam healing.
    Yes, it was. There was no point in which I've ever speced this ability and thought "man, that was a good use of a talent point"

Gargoyle and Ghoul scale with Haste, but not with a % Physical Damage buff.
    That, along with Dark Transformation, will make Unholy Frenzy great.
    Also, we will now DPS in Unholy Presence, and we will have much more raw Haste on our gear from the removal of ArPen.... your Gargoyle will be very, very happy.

Also, Unholy Frenzy is considered an Enrage, so Warriors will see added DPS from that.

10+ Year Old Account
    well, it could have been worse

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bx View Post
    Also, Unholy Frenzy is considered an Enrage, so Warriors will see added DPS from that.
    Yeah, furies mainly though, since their mastery is affected by it, aswell as raging blow being useable only when enraged. It wouldn't be that much of a damage increase for the raid over buffing the self with it, but you never know what the community will consider the right thing to do. When I played a DK I always buffed the warriors with hysteria anyway, since all their damage is physical.
    "The truth, my goal."

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Wait aren't you a girl
    your point if they are?
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bx View Post
    I'll be damned if I EVER give one of my buffs to another player!

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Wait aren't you a girl
    I lol'd so hard

Y,they'll be missed but my unholy DPS is skyrocketting on the PTR atm

the universe's only constant is change.
    get used to it
    What about the foolishness of mortals? Loken wouldn't lie to me!

Also, windfury i believe does not increase haste, it increases Melee attack speed aka auto attack speed