Page 1 of 2
LastLast

elemental PvP dead until 4.0.3

yup we cannot possibly get instant ghost wolf anymore not until lvl 82, so find a spot stand there and hope someone comes within 40 yards, because escaping any good melee is no longer possible.

Deleted
    LOL, you dont need to run anymore go play after 4.0.1 and then come back and tell me "yes man you were right".

The problem is, if you let them get to you, you lose because no melee should reach that point and if it is "good melee" then you were going to lose.

Considering you can kill a Full Wrathfull player in about 3 globals, not sure its a major issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow.

You know I never really believed it before, but you have made me a believer.

Shamans will bitch about anything.

How many times does it need to be said? PVP WILL NOT BE BALANCED AROUND LOWER LEVEL CONTENT, in this case, the Cata systems patch, you won't be balanced. You can kill a full wrathful warrior with 1200 Resi in 2.6 seconds. Anything to say about that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khadhar View Post
    Wow.

Buddy, how about a nice dosis of STFU? One topic is no reason to insult the player base of an entire class. If you believe that it's alright to do so, then you are the biggest bitch around here.

As for Socialhealer, I agree that Shamans in general have very few ways to get away from melee attackers. However, if you are a good Elemental Shaman, you won't even need them - You have your Frost Shock, Earthgrab Totem (Which can actually root players if you have the right talents), and for worst-case scenario's you'll always have your Thunderstorm to knock back the other players.
    Even if this isn't enough yet, take into account that all non-melee Plate gear is recieving a mayor Stamina boost, which means that you'll also have a lot more durability! My own Shaman had over twice his normal Health on the PTR, just to give an example.

If even then it doesn't work out for you, then either practice, give up on PvP, or roll a class which you consider to be overpowered in PvP, and see how it goes. You know the saying, if you can't beat them...

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ but he's right, your complaining about something thats utterly meaningless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    yup we cannot possibly get instant ghost wolf anymore not until lvl 82, so find a spot stand there and hope someone comes within 40 yards, because escaping any good melee is no longer possible.
    Before arena: spam lightning bolt to 9 stacks of lightning shield
    During arena: Flame shock>instant lava burst>fulmination crit for http://imgur.com/f7vW5.jpg THIS MANY (minus resilience etc). oh yes and lava burst overload crits 100% of the time too. game over

yea if they get to you alive something's wrong

I have just been farming bgs with some friends for fun until cata so this is good news for a full pve ele shaman ( i make things go boom)
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khadhar View Post
    Wow.

Seriously, did we just got brought to the level of mages and rogues?

I prefered this class when it wasn't fucking FotM, jesus christ.

... I've never grabbed instant ghost wolf. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    ... I've never grabbed instant ghost wolf. >_>
    Fail

How is instant ghost wolf not available til 82? I hope this is a bad troll and I'm falling right into it. My talents for 4.0.1 has instant ghost wolf just fine.

Well, I just checked my talents again, and it seems you're right. Fuck.
    Last edited by Hiimacow; 2010-10-12 at 05:17 PM.

I know i feel ya, and because arena is over till cata doesn't mean you can screw with a classes mechanics to survive...its stupid.

Awesome sig by Nifzilla!

Quote Originally Posted by Lihonessa View Post
    Buddy, how about a nice dosis of STFU? One topic is no reason to insult the player base of an entire class. If you believe that it's alright to do so, then you are the biggest bitch around here.

As for Socialhealer, I agree that Shamans in general have very few ways to get away from melee attackers. However, if you are a good Elemental Shaman, you won't even need them - You have your Frost Shock, Earthgrab Totem (Which can actually root players if you have the right talents), and for worst-case scenario's you'll always have your Thunderstorm to knock back the other players.
    Even if this isn't enough yet, take into account that all non-melee Plate gear is recieving a mayor Stamina boost, which means that you'll also have a lot more durability! My own Shaman had over twice his normal Health on the PTR, just to give an example.

If even then it doesn't work out for you, then either practice, give up on PvP, or roll a class which you consider to be overpowered in PvP, and see how it goes. You know the saying, if you can't beat them...
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by whowherewhat? View Post
    Before arena: spam lightning bolt to 9 stacks of lightning shield
    During arena: Flame shock>instant lava burst>fulmination crit for http://imgur.com/f7vW5.jpg THIS MANY (minus resilience etc). oh yes and lava burst overload crits 100% of the time too. game over
    I never even thought of your stacking idea.
    LOLBURST

OT: To say that Elemental PVP is DEAD is a bit of an exaggeration, just a bit.

4.0.3 is still wotlk btw...its the patch that is out maybe a week before cata and only has the new class combos and the new 1-60 stuff you cant level past 80 in 4.0.3

Yeah elly pvp isnt dead, you just kill everything in a few seconds and have a pocket healer near you and your fine .