Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardMan View Post
    If cc is going to be a big deal again, why bring a warrior?
    It wont be for the +10k dps that was a result of a glitch, we'll be normal hybrid taxed dps with no dungeon utility.
    CC is what? a damage reduction mainly fight less mobs at once take less damage , yes? well as a warrior you can thunderclap to reduce melee speed and most mob dps by 20% you can further demo shout decreasing all physical damage by 10%

so another way of putting it is instead of warriors having no CC warriors CC 28% of most mob damage with the added benefit of allowing AE you might say its lower because of casters but then id point out with pummel charge and intercept there are few if any classes as well suited to make sure the enemy never get a spell off.

so in any mob pack bigger than 3 you have the best CC in the game. you also bring battle/commanding shout, hamstring, pummel, fear breaker, you might even bring blood frenzy.

really if you cant pull your weight with that spread of abilities theres no point blaming the class the problem is between the keyboard and desk

It wont be for the +10k dps that was a result of a glitch, we'll be normal hybrid taxed dps with no dungeon utility.
    lol, you have the best cc in game - you can tank them all.

Deleted
    who cares if we dont have cc, given gear our dmg will be good enuf to bring to an heroic, we survived in tbc so we will survive in cata. if warriors were as shit as people say blizz would remove them.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Chains of Ice, Death Grip, Psychic Scream and Mind Control would like to have a word with you.

---------- Post added 2010-10-12 at 10:23 AM ----------

Always has been. Never been a WANTED form of CC, but it still is...
    u can't really count MC as a cc cuz the priest will just stand doing nothing

15+ Year Old Account
    Warriors:
    -any spec-
    Intimidating Shout
    Hamstring
    -prot-
    Concussion Blow
    Shockwave
    -fury-
    Piercing Howl

Paladins:
    -any spec-
    Hammer of Justice
    Turn Evil (lol, right)
    -holy-
    nothing new
    -prot-
    nothing new
    -ret-
    Repentance
    ---

Go ahead and ask for more uniformization - I'm sure you'll love the day when WoW has 10 clone classes.
    And no, that time isn't now yet.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatyourethinking View Post
    Actually, you can. Sap is basically a really long stun, and sheep and hex are basically longer stuns with cute animations. All break with damage, or otherwise simply time out, and the target is free again. Just because the stun lasts longer doesn't change that it's a stun.
    sorry to say but you are stupid and stop trolling.
    Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not-one-bit. So - me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it! Turns to me, and he says, "why so serious, son?" Comes at me with the knife... "Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth... "Let's put a smile on that face!

10+ Year Old Account
    CC also includes interrupts, pretty sure Warriors have those..
    Faith Alone is Not Enough to Stop all the Enemies of the Light!
    - Retribution Paladin since 2007.

Burning Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Jesus christ, I just agreed with Jaylock. I need to go and have a shower.

A little off-topic, but I find it hilarious when people claim to be hybrid taxed. According to the meters, the best DPS in the game are hybrids, and the best raid buffs come from these hybrids as well (don't see an aff warlock or a rogue bringing a crucial buff, now do you?).

You don't need 7 CC to complete a heroic dungeon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningStick View Post
    A stun is not really CC.... You cannot compare a stun to sap, sheep or hex.
    Yes, a stun is a CC. Every ability that is able to keep the mob stunned, slowed, dazed, feared, etc. is regarded as a cc - even tanking it is a form of CROWD CONTROL (you know, controlling the crowd).

Quote Originally Posted by Pozz View Post
    So freaking what ? It's cc'ed, and you'll most likely be able to do that with multiple targets at the same time. I constantly did this in TBC on my elemental shaman and I never heard "omg you suck you're now kicked from the group" Big numbers on epeen meter does not equal a good player dude.
    YoThis thread is so full of fail it's incredible.

Yes, a single smart dps ***can*** hold a mob if they know what to do....I did it in BC with my lock too. The difference in Cata is that if you aren't a tank mobs in heroics will annihilate you if you screw up...at all. And after it kills you it'll wipe the group more often than not.

No idiots....aoe fear is NOT a reliable CC, neither are snares/roots or Hex with its 45 second CD. You feel free to let that shammy lock-down the mob you don't want to deal with....better hope Hex isn't resisted/breaks early/etc.

The rest of us who don't fail will be taking rogues/mages/hunters for a CC and someone who knows how to interrupt. That is all you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Acesjaes View Post
    A little off-topic, but I find it hilarious when people claim to be hybrid taxed. According to the meters, the best DPS in the game are hybrids, and the best raid buffs come from these hybrids as well (don't see an aff warlock or a rogue bringing a crucial buff, now do you?).
    Combats do bring 4% physical damage, handy interrupts, etc, and aff warlocks bring nice buffs/debuffs too, especially to a 10 man raid. Also, their new glyphed fear CC is amazing.

Warriors and DKs have no real CC which has been a major issue on the beta since heroics have been released. Melee kiting is a poor solution (often a deadly one) as is off-tanking, heroic mobs just hit way too hard. For those that mentioned priest, Mind Control is actually by far one of the best CC's available right now as there's a large concentration of humanoids.

If you're a Warrior or DK don't be surprised if you get vote-kicked from a fair amount of Cataclysm heroics until they tune them to not require so much CC.

^ This, it's Crowd Control, not Mob Removal. Control is all about making sure that everyone survives while the mobs all go down. That means things like Interrupts, Stuns, Slows etc will all contribute to controlling the pack so that you can take them down.

In addition, it's not going to be quite like MgT heroic where every pack requires 3 mobs taken out of the pack for the entire duration of the fight. It's more going to be about playing intelligently, using things like stuns, interrupts or even just focus firing particular targets. It's going to be about MORE than JUST dps, i.e. kiting etc could have a place, but it's not going to be necessary to bring 3 mages to complete a heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nithian View Post
    The rest of us who don't fail will be taking rogues/mages/hunters for a CC and someone who knows how to interrupt. That is all you need.
    Yep, 1 CC and 1 interrupt is more than enough for any competent group for a cata heroic. Don't forget Warlocks have OP CC now too! (actually better than poly)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahela View Post
    If you're a Warrior or DK don't be surprised if you get vote-kicked from a fair amount of Cataclysm heroics until they tune them to not require so much CC.
    Or go with your guild for guild rep?

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as all 3 of your dps isn't warriors/DKs you should be fine. Anything more than 1 CC capable class can be considered overkill. Mobs in Cataclysm really only need one mob CC'd most of the time
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't think this many people failed in their understanding of practical PvE CC.

Hamstring kiting is a cumbersome, contrived, and self-sacrificing "CC" in PvE, don't be ridiculous. Throwdown is arms only and lasts 5 seconds, wow, what a credit to the group that is.
    Don't even bother comparing sap/rep/sheep/hex/banish/whatever to kiting or the odd 5 second knockdown, if you can't see the practical differences then you need to get a grip on yourself, and stop saying "DERR well it r called cc so it iz cc!!!", we're not arguing about the fucking meaning of "cc", and you know full well what we're talking about.

I don't even have a personal stake in this, because I'm prot since my second day at level 80, but don't act like warriors are perfectly viable PvE CCers based on the crap spewed in this thread, because it's just bullshit. Whether they should have one I don't know, but they don't have a practical one for PvE right now.
    "The truth, my goal."

wtf why does every class should have all the same? why do all classes should have cc, heals, kind of new thing that they added to warlock and pals...
    lets add stealth and casting heals to all classes, i disappointed why do paladins have spells and dont have bleeds? okbb igoin to wine in paladins section on this point.
    Last edited by Rofos; 2010-10-12 at 11:20 AM.

My main's a warrior and i dont even care that i dont have CC, Why? because im actually tanking and i already have 2 CC's there in the form of prot abilitys. Besides we have plenty of stuns, slows and even a fear to boot
    Screw your faction pride, Play both like a real man.... or woman