Page 1 of 3
LastLast

4.0.1 Fire Spec halp.

Hey everyone, first time poster, long-as-a-mother creeper here.

Anywho, I'm in need of help deciding between 2 fire specs. The difference between the two is, one has the 3% crit from frost, while the other has the 3% fire damage and exploding flame orb. What do you guys think?

Also, if you think there's a better option I'm missing, let me know

(Sorry, can't post links, since it's my first post. -_-)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exxplicit View Post
    flame orb. What do you guys think?
    You do not get the flame orb spell untill cata so that kind of makes the talent useless for now >.<

PS: opps sorry was thinking frost fire orb in my head and not clearly thinking... you get benefit in the dmg boost but not the orb for fire! fire power is deff a talent you want!
    Last edited by Odina; 2010-10-12 at 03:57 PM.

Deleted
    3% flat increase on your primary school of damage vs a random and small increase of dps.

id go for the former

10+ Year Old Account
    You can get both of those talents if you do something like this:

http://wowtal.com/#k=RsnAz7K.a5o.mage.RYxa6n

and yes, you do want the fire orb talent, because it's also +3% fire damage. That works for all spells, not just flame orb.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will be raiding with something like this.

http://wowtal.com/mage#k=-boKSIT.a5o.mage.

Deleted
    My thoughts were: http://wowtal.com/#k=ZINTOjPOs.a5o.mage.

Though points form Pyromaniac can be swapped into Improved Flamestrike, ane the point from improved blink could be spend in Blast Wave if you're going to take it.

All about trial + error and experimenting, afterall a lot of the talents are situational.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TowerTom View Post
    You spec'd for 85... right now most people are worried about how they are going to spec at 80, which is 5 less talent points.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmon View Post
    You can get both of those talents if you do something like this:

and yes, you do want the fire orb talent, because it's also +3% fire damage. That works for all spells, not just flame orb.
    Don't you want impact/imp fireblast? for teh dot spreddin!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasmon View Post
    You spec'd for 85... right now most people are worried about how they are going to spec at 80, which is 5 less talent points.
    Just figured. I'm a tard.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    http://wowtal.com/#k=-eJtUcX.a5o.mage. is what ill be rolling with

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trytton View Post
    I will be raiding with something like this.

http://wowtal.com/mage#k=-boKSIT.a5o.mage.
    You pick up Imp Flamestrike but not Pyromaniac? Care to explain why?
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Most trash is dead in a matter of seconds and that's what I'd be using it for so that was really just an AoE toy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyway, 6/32/3, 6/2/33, 31/5/3 (+2) are the specs I plan on rotating around when we hits teh 85, but for now I'll stick with 2/31/3.
    Last edited by Swizzle; 2010-10-12 at 05:05 PM.
    BfA Beta Time

yeah some talents can be skipped, but others seem more important! right now this is what I'm going with
    wowtal.com/#k=Rs6SfcD.a5o.mage.RprSqa
    however, that might change as I see whether or not some of these points are more needed or not! with my last remaining points i plan to max out Piercing Ice, Netherwind Presence, and Arcane Concentration when I'm 85! All this is subject to change of course as I get a better handle on new mechanics and see which ones seem to be more important and which ones can be dropped or whatever! Also, has anyone heard that if you use the Glyph of Frostfire Bolt, that spell becomes better then Fireball, especially at 85 when you get more mastery rating? I've been hearing a few rumors about this and not sure whether that is true or not?
    Sorry seems that since I'm new I can't post a link >.<

I'm going with: http://wowtal.com/#k=-eJ6KQW.a5o.mage.RYxGkA

Took Pyromaniac talent for heroic LK, since that's all we have left.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teckdragon View Post
    I'm going with: http://wowtal.com/#k=-eJ6KQW.a5o.mage.RYxGkA

Took Pyromaniac talent for heroic LK, since that's all we have left.
    Glyph of Conjuring, Blink, FFB and the talent Netherwind Presence would be big DPS upgrades for H LK.
    BfA Beta Time

I'll be using http://wowtal.com/#k=RPSHB3e.a5o.mage.R2vBxu

I don't see any reason to get Imp. Fireblast AND Imp. Scorch, since Imp. Scorch implies you'll be spamming Scorch at some point. You shouldn't be moving enough in a fight to spam scorch; thus, you shouldn't be needing scorch to be free. Scorch into a Fireblast should be all you have time to fit into a moving sequence. I also don't see any point in Imp. Flamestrike since the new AoE "rotation" looks something like: put up 3 LB's, then throw fireballs to fish for Ignite and Impact, use Combustion once you have Ignite (maybe a pyro too), then use Impact to spread the dots. No time for Blast Wave/Flamestrike combo in all of that. Blast Wave would be nice for LK valks, but my raid's been on point with the valks up to this point so no need.

On a side note, is the 40 yd range on Blast Wave a misprint? Blast Wave isn't really going to be usable at max range is it?

15+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't need max range to be able to hit targets at max range since the radius is kinda chunky.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Trytton View Post
    Most trash is dead in a matter of seconds and that's what I'd be using it for so that was really just an AoE toy.
    Just want to say we kill stuff in Wrath in seconds, but that's not the case in Cata. so the Imp. Flamestrike might be useless right now and may be better to use the talents some where else, but once Cata. released I would suggest picking up personally, of course, you don't have to just seems that it will be very useful in Cata., but then again you actually have to use some CC now where you could just say screw CC in Wrath and AoE everything so IDK!!! Everyone will have their own opinions and everyone will argue over which talents are more important and "needed" so I just spec my way and if I see something is useless too me I will drop it or if I notice that Imp. Fire Blast is more useful then Imp. Flamestrike I will respec those points or whatever, just the way the game works haha....trail and error.

I think listening to others suggestions are great, but I don't expect everyone to actually go and spec my way simply because I said so or suggest you should haha.....I say look at everyones suggestions and then decide for yourself whether you care about the AoE tools or just the pure single target abilities, etc. or whatever talent you might see useless or less useful then maybe another talent!!!

(Last part is just aimed at anyone and everyone not just Trytton lol)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Anyway, 6/32/3, 6/2/33, 31/5/3 (+2) are the specs I plan on rotating around when we hits teh 85, but for now I'll stick with 2/31/3.
    Will Burning Soul be useful in PvE? Will we no longer be gaining benefits from things such as concentration aura? (I realize these are things I should know... I just stopped following updates...)

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.