Priest known issues 4.01

Taken from http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/27188...ed-10-12-2010/

Priest

* The spell Power Infusion can be obtained at level 29, but cannot be cast on players under level 30.
    * Mental Agility is not affecting old Priest abilities.

Great ! So it only affects PW:B , Chakra & PW:C ?

Hope they fix this quick because that's 3 wasted point atm

:/ thats horrible news, good thing im a shadow priest! haha

Ya, thank god as shadow we don't even need mental agility.

Deleted
    It should also be noted that you can take Harnessed Shadows at lvl 29 and it gives you no benefit whatsoever until level 80.
    This crossed my mind when reading about Power Infusion. Well, it's one level, 29-30. But hell, Harnessed Shadows are useless for another 51 levels after you can obtain them. Fifty one!

Mental Agility is a minor one. What Shadow Priest would want 2 points in there anyway...
    Last edited by mmoc94f00179aa; 2010-10-12 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harb View Post
    Mental Agility is a minor one. What Shadow Priest would want 2 points in there anyway...
    Probably none but Disc & Holy priests say hi! A lot of spells ( Renew for example ) have bigger base mana % cost and others ( like PW:S ) lost their mana cost reducing talent. So , i dont think its a minor one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spasme View Post
    Probably none but Disc & Holy priests say hi! A lot of spells ( Renew for example ) have bigger base mana % cost and others ( like PW:S ) lost their mana cost reducing talent. So , i dont think its a minor one.
    It was all sarcasm :-). No worries, I know what I talk about (most of the time ).

I can add to the list.

1. Dispersion has no animation. The priest turns completely invisible, and only his/her name remains.
    2. Dispersion now unmounts you. (hope it's only a bug).
    3. Shadow orbs are tiny and circle your feet. Being tiny might not be a bug, but I doubt they're supposed to circle you an inch off the ground.

15+ Year Old Account
    I seems VE doesn't heal you atm.

Or atleast doesn't heal you when you are dpsing a Target Dummy that is grey to you.

^ I'm not sure if these are connected but when I tried to drain life (on my warlock, obviously) I only reveiced 1hp per tick, from a dummy with only 1hp. I know the mechanics of those two are different but.. just a thought :P

It has been said before, but Veiled Shadows can be taken at level 10. Fade is gained at level 24, and Shadowfiend at 66.

Quote Originally Posted by Harb View Post
    It should also be noted that you can take Harnessed Shadows at lvl 29 and it gives you no benefit whatsoever until level 80.
    This crossed my mind when reading about Power Infusion. Well, it's one level, 29-30. But hell, Harnessed Shadows are useless for another 51 levels after you can obtain them. Fifty one!

You gain Shadow Orbs when you choose to be a Shadow Priest at level 10, they had it turned off until level 80 for testing purposes. When levelling a Worgen Priest on the beta I got them at level 10, anyway. They also said one of the reasons they included it is because they wanted something that makes you feel like a Shadow Priest before you get Shadowform.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2010-10-13 at 10:13 AM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I dont know if it was like this for anyone else, but the talent Twisted Faith did not give me any more hit rating. In fact I lost hit rating. Also it does not seem to work when you reforge at item to have more spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    You gain Shadow Orbs when you choose to be a Shadow Priest at level 10, they had it turned off until level 80 for testing purposes. When levelling a Worgen Priest on the beta I got them at level 10, anyway. They also said one of the reasons they included it is because they wanted something that makes you feel like a Shadow Priest before you get Shadowform.
    Not anymore, you now train shadow orbs and other masteries at level 75.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    As Blackmorgrim said, they replaced that with Mind Flay and Shadow Power. Now, not just Shadow, but all specs feel "like a <spec> <class> before you get <3/4 down the tree>"
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    I seems VE doesn't heal you atm.

Or atleast doesn't heal you when you are dpsing a Target Dummy that is grey to you.
    VE ticks for 1 on dummies. It was like that since... forever. Yeah it's quite bugged.