Lightbulb Blade Ward after patch

Seeing that we get 10% extra crit and 10% extra chance for critical block after a parry from the Hold the Line talent I just enchanted Blade Ward.
    Did I just toss my coins into the drain or will Blade Ward be worth it now?
    Perhaps I should've asked this before I enchanted

Our healing increase increases the effect of blood draining now, and mongoose no longer gives armor so I'm thinking blood draining will be the enchant of choice now. (It always was side by side with mongoose)

Blood draining always was pretty amazing, a smart 2k heal; yes please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    Our healing increase increases the effect of blood draining now, and mongoose no longer gives armor so I'm thinking blood draining will be the enchant of choice now. (It always was side by side with mongoose)
    I don't know if this will be very effective now.

The % increase to our healing is not really large enough to have any kind of substantial impact on a proc such as blood draining. (Especially since we will now also be regening HP's way before we even drop to the required % for it to go off).

Healers will be having a much easier time keeping us warriors up without this enchant.

Now the extra crit and critical block we get from a parry going off via Hold the Line(And now how parry has had a buff), and the amount of dmg that can be avoided due to this, would make Blade Ward pretty god damn impressive.

Blade ward I say.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Its a fair point but it is only a proc to gain a 4% chance to parry. Granted it can stack (apparently) but also has 1PPM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freelapdance View Post
    Its a fair point but it is only a proc to gain a 4% chance to parry. Granted it can stack (apparently) but also has 1PPM.
    True, but Blood Drain also has about a 40 second ramp up time to get to a full stack.

I would rather rely on the +80 parry rating and +30 dps (Average per minute mind you) you get from Blade Ward personally. Mitigation is mitigation.

Also if your tank needs to rely on a proc to save his ass within 40 seconds of a fight, chances are the tank would not have lived anyway.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tholl View Post
    True, but Blood Drain also has about a 40 second ramp up time to get to a full stack.

I would rather rely on the +80 parry rating and +30 dps (Average per minute mind you) you get from Blade Ward personally. Mitigation is mitigation.

Also if your tank needs to rely on a proc to save his ass within 40 seconds of a fight, chances are the tank would not have lived anyway.
    Blood Draining usually reaches 5 stacks during the first 30 seconds then stays there for the rest of the fight. The proc uptime is great.

Parry isn't mitigation, it's avoidance. Avoidance is random. Blade Ward is pretty much "You may get a buff which may allow you to avoid something. Maybe. Perhaps. And the randomly gained chance to randomly avoid something has a very low, random, chance to occur when it's actually needed, in fact, it's more likely you won't even notice it besides getting an overheal on yo ass."

The point is, Blood Draining is a smart heal. The chances Blade Ward will actually do something of relevance are... extremely slim. And it's not a question of relying on a weapon proc, because the WotLK tanking encants are terrible. Blood Draining always does something and it's when you really need it, Blade Ward may do something but you're looking at sub 1% chances, probably even less.

Quote Originally Posted by Tholl View Post
    I don't know if this will be very effective now.

The % increase to our healing is not really large enough to have any kind of substantial impact on a proc such as blood draining. (Especially since we will now also be regening HP's way before we even drop to the required % for it to go off).

Healers will be having a much easier time keeping us warriors up without this enchant.

Now the extra crit and critical block we get from a parry going off via Hold the Line(And now how parry has had a buff), and the amount of dmg that can be avoided due to this, would make Blade Ward pretty god damn impressive.

Blade ward I say.
    26% doesn't have impact? No, it's not 260% that's for sure, but noone assumes Blood Draining alone will save you. If you look at logs from your deaths, occasionally you die from 2x melee attacks with no big heal in between. There are always, however, several ticks from HoTs, AoE heals or small heals. All these add up, and Blood Draining will often play a role in the gamble for your survival at low health.

Also remember you don't need Blade Ward to guarantee Hold the Line will be up. The chances Blade Ward will be the reason HtL stays up are still very slim.

I personally plan on switching from mongoose to Blood Draining. Though i am not a backer or user of B&T and rend (yet) I think Blood Draining would shine even more with those two abilities in play. With or without them though, Blood Draining gets buffed from field dressing AND mongoose is shit now (sadface). There is no other enchant worth a damn in comparison (yet).

15+ Year Old Account
    Blade Ward was junk and is still junk. I wonder why so many people like it.

I used a weapon with Blade Ward only on heroic Saurfang. blood Draining the rest of the time.

Monoose is dead

It really does come down to Blade ward vs Blood Draining

At least Blade Ward is worth discussing now, previously it was as useful as 60sp.

The biggest problem with Blood Draining is the damned pink glow!

I expect I'll try both and then pull apart WoL to see what sort of results they give over a raid.

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Blade Ward was junk and is still junk. I wonder why so many people like it.
    That's what I think of Blood Draining, ironically. 2k is 2k out of 82k. With all the spamoverhealing, it doesn't matter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    The point is, Blood Draining is a smart heal. The chances Blade Ward will actually do something of relevance are... extremely slim. And it's not a question of relying on a weapon proc, because the WotLK tanking encants are terrible. Blood Draining always does something and it's when you really need it, Blade Ward may do something but you're looking at sub 1% chances, probably even less.
    the cataclysm ones are pretty crap as well...
    I guess there is this 600 dodge rating one (windwalk). 600 dodge isn't very much, Iirc it's something around 3-4%, just as bladeward now.
    and there is "mending" which currently does 310-356 heal - however I thing this is already changed in the beta, since windwalk was 60 dodgerating at first as well, but even if it's something like 5k, it's not that much when you have 120k health even in only-heroic gear already.

I'd like to see an enchant like the prof10 trinket, maybe with damage reduction instead of straight stamina, but windwalk and mending are pretty crap for now...

I wonder if the heal is affected by talents too now. An extra 20% and the enchant can crit so 3600 heal possibly? Thats not too shabby.