Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piklez View Post
    Delete system 32
    Confirmed working fix, making worgens now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphys View Post
    Kill someone if "this crap" doesn't get fixed? "This crap" is your computer and your install. There's a lot of things you can do before getting angry.
    * Have you tried running repair.exe in the WoW folder? (And for the love of god - Don't say "yes" if you haven't done it. This fixes so many installation/updating problems it's not even funny.)
    * Is your disk full?
    * Have you tried reinstalling Wrath from scratch and started updating again? (they can't "fix the bits" from their end - if there's a problem running the updater, this is what they're going to tell you to do.)
    * Have you run a disk scan?

Re-installing and updating is your best bet at this time (after running repair.exe and seeing it that fixes it). Hope you're not near your traffic cap.

Note: If repair.exe is missing, you can get it here: http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/WoW/other/Repair.zip

You shouldn't have to "set the installer" to install anywhere in particular - it should install to the current folder WoW is installed in.

Rather than trying to run a patch update separately, run launcher.exe in the WoW folder and let it update from there.
    This is the one to listen to. The cata download takes data from your wotlk install. If your wotlk install is at all corrupted, it will fail. Run repair, make sure it's alright, and that would fix it. It doesn't matter where you install to, and if UAC was your issue then it wouldn't make it to 39% before failing. Run repair, make sure you have space, and if all else fails reinstall wotlk from scratch too.

10+ Year Old Account
    delete that file, then if it doesn't work, repair

why do you care so much about beta at this point? OMG YOU GET TO SEE CONTENT AND TEST IT 2 MONTHS BEFORE US!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Delete system 32

thats not even funny

i had a simular problem i jsut simply freed up some disk space and it worked like a pvp trinket
    Ben Kenobi "This isn't the signature you are looking for."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ondre View Post
    thats not even funny

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Im having the same problem, did anyone found possible solution for it maybe?
    Thanks

Im also having the same problem, the exact same thing, while downloading it comes to that point then stops. I would really appreciate a working solutions to sort this out. I did try the solutions above but couldnt find how to do them, also if it matters I did play the beta the first time, when it first came out but then I stopped when they wanted us to reinstall it to try out the new download while playing thing. I would really like to be back on the beta

Delete system 32
    i would have been mad, but after reading his posts i just laughed hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Congratulations for finding a use for expendable casuals.

I've tried doing the WoW repair, I have enough space in my computer...so my only option left is to re-install Wrath?
    I've had time to think...and think...I'm going to grab some food, anyone want anything?

rename your Live folder to something temperary, then start the beta insteller, FIXED!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfreak View Post
    any solutions yet?
    I've had this problem too. Downloaded the installed thrice as well.

Re-name your live 4.0 wow directory temporarily, then re-run the installer, works perfectly.

Eg. Usually wow is installed to "C:/Users/Public/Games/World Of Warcraft/" or something along those lines..... just rename the "World Of Warcraft" folder to something like "WOW1" or even "World Of Warcraft 1" just until your beta is installed.