Thread: prot or ret?

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

prot or ret?

wondering what is more viable for pvp with the new changes. prot or ret? i heard ret was mega broke in ptr for 4.0.1

To be honest, I find ret more appealing and fun. Talents like Long arm of the Law, Rebuke, and Sanctity of Battle make ret so much more fun than in WOTLK. I've viewed the prot tree and PvP wise, It just simply doesnt supply the entertainment needed.

I have always liked pret and I haven't played PTR but I have heard ret is kind of broken (not the good kind of broken).

Lolret is coming back in cata. Go prot.

I gave up ret. I just die before i have any chance to stack up holy power. Went prot with retgear instead. Seems to have both way better burst and survivability than ret. Have experienced up to 18k AS and 16k SoR crits. This is all glyphed (30% single target AS and 15% SoR).

With AS cd removal proc, daze glyph and short cd on HoJ, i find it pretty sweet. Actually have a fair chance against all classes/specs. Glyphed divine protection is also amazing against those nasty casters.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go protret. Pretty much spam some crusader strike+judgement. When you reach 3 stacks. Pop wings and do avengers shield+shield of righteousness or what it's called. Pew pew 17-19k crit+20-22k crit

And yeah atm ret is retlol again in pvp.
    Last edited by Xart; 2010-10-14 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Typos

Deleted
    Ret will be getting buffs soon, personally im sticking with holy until the adjustments feel adequate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithz View Post
    I gave up ret. I just die before i have any chance to stack up holy power. Went prot with retgear instead. Seems to have both way better burst and survivability than ret. Have experienced up to 18k AS and 16k SoR crits. This is all glyphed (30% single target AS and 15% SoR).

With AS cd removal proc, daze glyph and short cd on HoJ, i find it pretty sweet. Actually have a fair chance against all classes/specs. Glyphed divine protection is also amazing against those nasty casters.
    Like any Melee have a chance against any caster, jkkkk.