Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I checked the market (EU server) prior to shutdown and saw all glyphs posted in a range of 6-15g, which was at best a 100% increase. As many stated here already, most will have stacked up what they need and/or have a friendly guild inscriptor to help filling the gaps. There always will be those few with the "idc"-attitude and for those I just applaud all scribes to finally make some money out of their profession. As the OP said "The glyph market is on fire" - but it will be a straw fire, no doubt.

Deleted
    Scribeing wont make money once all have learnt their glyphs. With the removing dust being sold by vendours scribeing will need a big look at to make it worth while in cata. The loss of trade skills was a shame in Wowlk, lets hope all trades get a big overhall to make them worth while doing. Also making the choices for them rather than its a money maker, more needed for that player style.

10+ Year Old Account
    I purposely went out of my way to do it for cheap as hell 5g or lower because i think its ridiculous. But hey i have more then enough gold anyhow.

Does anyone know if the AH resets after the patch? In other words, will I have to repost all of the glyphs I posted just before the shutdown?

---------- Post added 2010-10-13 at 08:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aisriyth View Post
    I purposely went out of my way to do it for cheap as hell 5g or lower because i think its ridiculous. But hey i have more then enough gold anyhow.
    Thats not very clever, the glyphs cost more then that to make now.

10+ Year Old Account
    My scribe DK is licking her chops already
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

If I thought about this earlier I would have bought all the glyphs in the AH and undercut all scribers when 4.0.1 hits with normal prices.

I don't understand why people want to pay 200g for a glyph. Even if you have 50k gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    If I thought about this earlier I would have bought all the glyphs in the AH and undercut all scribers when 4.0.1 hits with normal prices.

I don't understand why people want to pay 200g for a glyph. Even if you have 50k gold.
    Neither do I, but I was more than happy to take their fake money last night.

Deleted
    I WILL WAIT TILL THE MARKET CRASHES BURNS AND DIED. THEN I WILL BY THE OTHER GLYPS. I ALREADY GOT EVERYTHING I NEED AT THE MOMENT. oeps caps

10+ Year Old Account
    Warsaw, Poland, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way
    I bought ALL the glyphs for my main like a month ago. Before I need them for my alts, their prices will earthrocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    One cannot simply walk into Mulgore...

Ive made 124 535 gold, pretty decent imo

Glad I bought my glyphs before 4.0 came.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I've made 292.877g. Pretty decent imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Constantino View Post
    I cant do anything here... all my addons are broken, no new auctioneer or skillet, and damned if Im going to start doing this crap manually...

everything I had listed is selling, but cant replace it with everything broken.
    You missed the memo kid. Ah mods were broken on purpose. Only way to do it now is manualy. It sucks but it's worth it.

I didn't really bother stockin up. I had probably 200 glyphs. I've sold maybe 50 and banked over 4k. Templar's verdict (formerly divine storm) has been very nice to me. Wish I actually knew hat one. I had a scribe make me some last week. Basicaly you put it up, it sells, you hat put up a second, than hat one sells before you get the third posted.

---------- Post added 2010-10-13 at 02:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aisriyth View Post
    that's silly. Once the glyph market evens out they'll be more than 5 a pop. There won't be thousands of scribes trying to make money off them.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

There are some working addons. However, you need a hardware event to post every unique auction. So basically, if you post 100 unique glyphs, you need to click a button or spam a macro 100 times. A little more annoying, breaks some of the automation, but still very doable.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Had 17k gold in my mailbox when I logged on today All from glyphs that I posted before the servers went down yesterday :P

Im not even a scribe, yet Ive made close to 16k today and still have a lot left to sell.
    Feel a lil bad for chargeing 75-300g a glyph when I only paid 2-5g for them to begin with,
    but then again, I was the bastard that dumped a couple hundred of that vanishing dust on the ah for 3g a piece and had them sell :3

Seriously, that stuff is better than milk at christmas

15+ Year Old Account
    Bought one of each glyph for all my 80s while they were cheap.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    I baught about 500 Glyphs the day before release, basicly anything that cost 1-2g. Some of it because useless gray items, but the ramining Glyphs (about 350) sold for about 20-50g each. Made a nice profit

Made quite a bunch, too.

But when every one has learned all his/her glyphs, I fear Inscription will be even worse than it is now as a gold-maker.

Until XPack 4 ships in 2 years and we can start profiting again!

10+ Year Old Account
    Forget glyphs, on my realm herbs are even better to sell now ^_^