Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Felguard Felstorm QQ

So much to my dismay, felstorm is still not an ability that can be on auto attack....do you think this will ever change? Does it matter? (aka is it a dps boost on single target?) Or should i just use imp if I am lazy?

Just macro it like hunters did for furious howl.

yeah... no.

Felstorm is not a dps cd, it is a niche aoe ability. Now thats not to say you cant use it as a dps cd, but like any other cd you have to actually cast something. Also like tay said, jsut macro it in other abillities.

If you had demonic empowerment macroed into your spells, just take that macro, and change "Demonic Empowerment" to "Felstorm". And if you had something like [pet: imp] in there, take that part out too.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

So how much damage does the felguard brostorm on a level 80 target? :>
    Oh hi

In a PvP encounter the fel guard can solo a DK thats also at 80 which is rather comical, but usually they do a decent number, not sure exactly however as I've not tested demo in a raid environment yet, may post tomorrow after raid time though.

At level 71, my felguard does 1k dps. I do about 900 alone, without him.

Together, due to buffs we give each other, as well as random luck on procs, I do about 2800dps.

It's not on the GCD, you can use it WHILE YOU'RE CASTING. So just macro it to shadow bolt, incinerate, soul fire, and the meteor. >_>

I would just macro it to Hand of Gul'dan because he immediatly starts to whirl around when you activate it.

Just binding it to one spell will ensure that he whirls at your target.

For questing or pvp then macroing it may be appropriate, but I would not do that for dungeon or raid content.
    The later need for CC will be good enough reason to only use it manually.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    i did some testing, and the difference of dps on a single target of using/not using felstorm was about 100-200 dps. i may macro everything, but the ability does have its drawbacks (resulting in a LOSS of DPS) ie, boss moves across the room, felguard has a very hard time catching up if it is spinning

Deleted
    /cast shadowbolt
    /cast felstorm

----

/cast soul fire
    /cast felstorm

----

Make sure you have an addon which supress the "That ability isn't ready" messages (eError or cError works great) Spam away.

Deleted

Binding..

Quote Originally Posted by weewarrior View Post
    i did some testing, and the difference of dps on a single target of using/not using felstorm was about 100-200 dps. i may macro everything, but the ability does have its drawbacks (resulting in a LOSS of DPS) ie, boss moves across the room, felguard has a very hard time catching up if it is spinning
    Hi there m8 i would like to start up by saying that this darn site rly rocks iam a huge fan these days and sitting almost 3 hours every day reading so thats gr8 thanks
    And to this matter i dont know if my tip would help you out tho hopefully it will

When and IF the boss moves away 2 out of 12 bosses in ICC? tho make as i made a binding to Pursuit have it on F1 my self and it works gr8

Tho i have a matter of problem right now, i tryed put my felguard on a dummy to try its spin dps, but it aint showing on the recount, is this a DPS booster or is it just a background dmg dealer? IF you know what i mean, my english isent good at all hehe!
    Last edited by mmoc7d23aac4a0; 2010-10-14 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Listing prob

2 things:

I changed my macros around inserting Felstorm for the old Demonic empowerment on most of the nukes, and it works fine, with the exception of the annoying "not ready yet" sound effect from my toon. This never happened before 4.0.1 and I was wondering if other people have this issue and whether there is any easy fix I am missing. It looks pretty close to this:

#showtooltip shadow bolt
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /use Felstorm
    /use shadow bolt
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1

The other thing is whether its worth it, DPS-wise, to macro Felstorm at all.

Deleted
    I got a question for Felstorm.
    Started levling a warlock yesterday. Not level 10 yet so I don't got Felguard.
    Do we get Felstorm right at level 10? If not, what level do we learn it?
    Many thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzo View Post
    So how much damage does the felguard brostorm on a level 80 target? :>
    Whilst doing my JC daily, I got it to crit an 80 scourge mob in Icecrown for 4.5k

Quote Originally Posted by BaPa View Post
    I got a question for Felstorm.
    Started levling a warlock yesterday. Not level 10 yet so I don't got Felguard.
    Do we get Felstorm right at level 10? If not, what level do we learn it?
    Many thanks.
    You get it at 45.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous View Post
    You get it at 45.
    Thanks for the information. Got a old warlock at level 65 and tried out my dps on a lvl 60 dummy, and man were I surprised by the dps.
    With just reckless key-mashing and almost without gear I could sustain 1,4k dps over 5 min.

That's more then some new dinged level 80's pre 4.0.1.

Can't wait to level up my new.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BaPa View Post
    Thanks for the information. Got a old warlock at level 65 and tried out my dps on a lvl 60 dummy, and man were I surprised by the dps.
    With just reckless key-mashing and almost without gear I could sustain 1,4k dps over 5 min.

That's more then some new dinged level 80's pre 4.0.1.

Can't wait to level up my new.
    Level it demo with some pvp keybinds at the ready (if you're on a pvp realm), with a destro OS for dungeons. Will be a riot. Demo soloing with meta is just fun .