Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    you cry because they nerf your 4.0.1 dps? But at the same time, youre doing around 13/14k Dps on Heroic Dummy?
    Im doing 8 with my Ret, really doing everything right with glyphes ect. And youre COMPLAINING that they fix those numerbs YET?
    I mean , youre nearly doing twice my dmg, and keep insisting that on 85, everything will be balanced again? Yeah, 5 Levels more then DOUBLE my Dps output.

W T F

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    So...they're nerfing our 4.0.1 DPS? From what I can see, lvl 85 DPS for all mage specs is lower (significantly) than it is now. Seems odd to nerf a future untested event based off of current QQ, but stranger shit has happened. I still can't believe people give a crap about numbers in the time between 10/12/10 and 12/7/10.
    Why wouldn't people give a crap about numbers now? It's still 2 months of WotLK left. Now that feels a lot longer if you have to play a shit class doing crap damage while even the worst scrubmages dish out 10-15k dps while scratching their nuts.

Fire made me cry all the way.
    First, I miss my pre-patch playing style. Second, on yesterday raid in ICC i've been testing both Arc and Fire (Reforged half gear in mastery). I was way behind Arcane Mages in dmg done and dps. Using FFB as main dps spell (glyph ftw) i wasn't able to stay in top dps group since Fire is now mostly aoe based dps and on single target it's simply pure fail.

I really don't understand why Blizzard released so bugged patch. So many bugs, so many weird stuff (imba-fast-spectral gryphon when you die (like 20% speed?), or being resed alive on graveyard with 1 hp and getting killed by camping ally)..

Is there anyway to tell how much damage your ignite is currently putting out, and when it hasn't fucked up your pyroblast crit with a living bomb DoT crit, cuasing your combustion to do only half the normal damage?

fire is awesome. really surprised by how they made the gameplay unique and fun with Fire now, including the on the run scorches. talking PvP...

its got its own unique play style like Frost has, that has a skill play to it. fireblast stun procs is really huge factor. only thing that sucks is survivability is very hard to stay alive but i'm getting better at it. can't wait to get to blink run speeds talent, on top of having blazing speeds.

frost is boring now. its really feels too much of the same old, but i'm definitely missing the survivability i used to have with frost since i used to be able to wade into the thick of things like a tank

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M4neater View Post
    you cry because they nerf your 4.0.1 dps? But at the same time, youre doing around 13/14k Dps on Heroic Dummy?
    Im doing 8 with my Ret, really doing everything right with glyphes ect. And youre COMPLAINING that they fix those numerbs YET?
    I mean , youre nearly doing twice my dmg, and keep insisting that on 85, everything will be balanced again? Yeah, 5 Levels more then DOUBLE my Dps output.

W T F
    I didn't cry when ret palis were doing quintuple everyone else's damage in 3.0, and i'm not really crying now. As blizzard has said repeatedly, YES those five levels DO make THAT BIG a difference.
    BfA Beta Time

There is a small addon that tracks the ignite damage on the target for use in maximizing Combustion:
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...otTracker.html

Also just did 25 an ICC last night... this is after all the nerfs. We are still fine... right in the pack where we need to be. Locks may still eb a littl ehigh.. but meh.. I don't care.

The surprise? (well not really) Ret palis were SPANKING... our best Ret was pushing out 18k on average! Warriors we re doign really well again too.. 16k+... Mages were doign 16-17k

locks 16-18k... of course it all depended on the fight.. but all in all everyone is fairly happy with where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by TerraMagus View Post
    Fire DPS was the embodiment of what a Mage SHOULD be.

Although it will be quickly nerfed into oblivion, I'll remember it forever.

RIP: Fire. You were taken from us too soon.
    it was OP, they balanced it. people overreact sometimes. while i could do 9k dps on target dummies now i can do 7.4k dps...omg, such a nerf considering pre-patch as arcane i could only do 5k-6k dps.

---------- Post added 2010-10-15 at 09:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    If you're getting turned on by the fact that it's much more fun to play fire now, good for you

If you're getting turned on by big numbers, well....

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/27187...f-oct-13-2010/
    mechanics for me personally ^^

the nerf didnt feel nearly as bad as i was expecting to be honest.

---------- Post added 2010-10-15 at 09:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by M4neater View Post

W T F
    go away troll.

mages were balanced, ret will be balanced, if major disparity still exists after balancing it will be because of 3 possible issues.

1...gear difference

2...new rotation issues

3...blizzard will balance FURTHER

so go away

---------- Post added 2010-10-15 at 09:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BuryGnome View Post
    Fire made me cry all the way.
    First, I miss my pre-patch playing style. Second, on yesterday raid in ICC i've been testing both Arc and Fire (Reforged half gear in mastery). I was way behind Arcane Mages in dmg done and dps. Using FFB as main dps spell (glyph ftw) i wasn't able to stay in top dps group since Fire is now mostly aoe based dps and on single target it's simply pure fail.

I really don't understand why Blizzard released so bugged patch. So many bugs, so many weird stuff (imba-fast-spectral gryphon when you die (like 20% speed?), or being resed alive on graveyard with 1 hp and getting killed by camping ally)..
    its a big game, its nearly impossible for them to catch all the bugs AND get the game out on time.

but really, your first mistake was reforging your gear to mastery (for fire), your second mistake was using FFB (even glyphed). also arcane is just blatantly OP right now, and if anyone wants to disagree with me fine go ahead, idc
    To break it down even an even lower level, if The Rock looks at his hand, looks back at you, looks at his hand, and looks back at you again and you still don't know to move, you deserve the smack down.-mmo champion forum poster