Question Help for a new priest n00b

Hi guys,

I've been bored lately so I am leveling a priest (at lvl39 atm). But i seem to have trouble making a decision what to spec.
    I know as of today the patch is implemented and many things are new/different. But i was wondering if anyone could help me out.
    I am currently Shadow...and want to dual spec a healing tree. So until 80/85 i want: DPS (leveling/solo) and Heal (5-man/Call to Arms BG).
    My main is a Resto Shaman and i;ve healed with druids too i love both playing styles, but i think i like my shaman a little bit more (i love CH and Riptide).
    You may think im a complete idiot or noob but i would appreciate your help.

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    You would like me to put a spec together for you?

That would be nice. But i am also intrested in how the certain spec works...
    example:
    x talent because of mana regen (or something)

Don't know if im making any sense to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe.. This would prolly be the shadow spec you should lean towards, take dps talents over things like -CD on shadowfiend on lower level as you wont have that yet. i took them as fillers to be able to get to 31 eventually.

As of the information you're asking for.. there should be plenty of theorycrafting topics on mmo and EJ. you can get everything you need from there.

Edit: Im not sure what to advice you on the healing though, it seems like you enjoy raw healing but you might like a change aswell. Try both disc and holy and decide what you like most when you're sure. Specs for this should be availeble on EJ aswell, if not.. ill make you one.
    Last edited by Evolixe; 2010-10-13 at 01:24 PM.

Thank you for your reply.
    Yea ive reading up alot on the theorycrafting topics here (not so much on EJ).
    I am kinda leaning towards a Disc spec as second spec...
    Anyways thanks for your reply.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going to reply to this thread because I'm in (sorta) the same boat as the OP.

I'm just looking for a good 25+ leveling spec. In this newfangled 4.0.1 world, I have no idea what that is anymore. I've read a lot of valuable info from folks, but they are already 80. I need something a little more newb-friendly.

I'd post my old spec, but I think that's probably pointless. >.<

Also, if anybody knows of some good any external sites akin to Warcraft Hunters Union, but for priests, that would be great.

(I know there is a sticky asking for 4.0.1 priest guides. I hope people hop on that. >.>)

I just saw the Shadow spec posted above is Shadow a good leveling spec?
    Last edited by ImNot1337; 2010-10-13 at 06:56 PM. Reason: forgot sumpthin

In my experience Shadow is the best specc for Solo/Leveling (killing mobs and questing)
    Dungeon Leveling is different, as in my expierence queueing as healer is faster.
    Also i seem to be lowest on damage as shadow due to the fact that i can't AoE.
    (or i am doing something horribly wrong)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytex View Post
    In my experience Shadow is the best specc for Solo/Leveling (killing mobs and questing)
    Dungeon Leveling is different, as in my expierence queueing as healer is faster.
    Also i seem to be lowest on damage as shadow due to the fact that i can't AoE.
    (or i am doing something horribly wrong)
    I'll give shadow a try thanks. I figured I'd level up a bit before dungeon leveling. Just so I get a little more familiar with the class. Especially now with all the changes.