4.0.1 - Hit Rating Help!

As Affliction with, to make sure I was hit capped I had:

o 3 points in suppression (+3% hit)
    o the Priest debuff (+3% hit)
    o Draenei buff (+1%) hit

I was running around with a 265 hit rating which was over the 262 hit cap.

What hit rating do I need now to make sure I no longer miss in a raid setting?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

I appreciate the quick reply, but I would like a very detailed explanation. Does the priest/moonkin debuff still apply? Can someone give me or point me to a detailed answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ammo187 View Post
    I appreciate the quick reply, but I would like a very detailed explanation. Does the priest/moonkin debuff still apply? Can someone give me or point me to a detailed answer.
    there is no more debuff

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    unless you are a draenai there are no more hit buffs what so ever. so play it safe and get 446

Deleted
    You need to cap yourself to 17% aka 446 since there are no more hit buffs/debuffs except for flasks/elixirs and dranei buff.

I have spent the last 2 months trying to get the H BQL neck to drop so I could use my H Rigo. Now I finally need the hit so I can use it /yay
    Pyrotix Destruction Warlock
    stalk and kill 6/8 Heroic 25 man apply today

Deleted
    There are problems to have a hit over 446?

There are no longer any debuffs placed by shadow priests or boomkins on a target to increase hit chance.
    Dranei retain their hit bonus, but it is a personal bonus only and no longer applies to party or raid members.
    Therefore warlocks will need 17%, or 14% with 3 points in suppression.
    That comes out at 446 or 368 with suppression.

Hit over 446 does not cause any issues, it it just currently going to waste and doing nothing for your dps.
    Though if certain changes regarding stat scaling remain in cataclysm then we may well see higher hit caps at a later point.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but suppression is gone... meaning we need ro reach the full 446 hit cap.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    correct. rule of thumb, for this teir of content, be 446 no exceptions.

of course this will change @ 85...and then tier 2 85...etc etc

Alrighty... looks like I will be breaking back out my deathfrost boots, belt of omission, and amulet of the silent eulogy.

Deleted
    ok thanks for the answers

Gonna grind out a Belt of Omission today after I get home. Old belt had spirit anyways. Better a near worthless stat I can reforge around than a purely worthless stat that I can only trade 40% of.
    "I love you guys. Like, seriously. If you didn't care you wouldn't be posting, and I appreciate you caring. Even if you're going kookoo-bananas." - Bashiok