Page 1 of 2
LastLast

4.0.1 - Dear God, my WoW is an Acid Trip

For starters, I am not under the influence of any drugs, something with 4.0.1 has done some crazy stuff with my graphics.

Also, I deleted, not disabled, deleted my addons to make sure they were not effecting the game.

Pretty much when I log in, everything seems fine. a second or so later, some really insane stuff happens.

My armor is made of spell icons from my spell bars.
    trees are made of faces and gryphon statues.
    walls are often crazy colors, some walls are actual moving videos of what is on my wow screen. I have even seen walls that are stretched skin designs from gryphons.
    brewfest kodo's specifically are rainbow colors
    Often time people are clear. not invisible, I can see their outlines, but they are clear, almost like an empty bottle.

anyone else having some serious graphic issues? really trippy graphic issues at that?

I am at work at the moment but when I get home if It hasnt resolved itself I will take some screenshots so people know what I am talking about...

If anyone is having this issue or may know whats going on here, hook me up with some info please! I couldn't even stay on because I couldn't move around enough to talk to anyone. I am really hoping I can fix this so I can actually experience the new patch soon.

Thanks in advance for any info anyone can give me.
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.

screeeeeeeennn shooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooootttttt!!!111oneoneln(e)!!
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Just run repair, but i would kill for a screenie of that =D

Hey,
    Almost the same thing happens to me a while back. You might want to try to update your graphic driver after disabling all add-on did not work. If the problem still persists, you should do a fresh install. Hope this helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have about the samen, alltho i only see green stripes and can't see anything like it should be not even text
    thorgal lvl 80 warrior
    deathpool lvl 80 death knight
    geoforce lvl 80 hunter

i sense alot of QQ-ing in the immediate future of cataclysm

killrog EU

I demand pictures

15+ Year Old Account
    my submarine. it's long, hard and full of seamen.
    Take some acid, and go back to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

But seriously, Sounds Awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Why strive to be excellent, when being just mediocre still kills the boss?

<keanureaves>
    Whoa
    </keanureeves>

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm can't seem to upload a picture, i'll get it sorted out ty anyway
    thorgal lvl 80 warrior
    geoforce lvl 80 hunter

killrog EU

Deleted
    soooo, when the issue is wonky graphics and you don't even bother to take a lol screenshot...

I call shenanigans on this!

Quote Originally Posted by OISAC View Post
    Hey,
    Almost the same thing happens to me a while back. You might want to try to update your graphic driver after disabling all add-on did not work. If the problem still persists, you should do a fresh install. Hope this helps.
    Updating my graphics driver worked for me. My wow did the same thing and kept changing every 3 seconds or so. I was in the Horde inn in Dalaran, looking at beer kegs made from grass, gold, floor tile, rock, orc skin, some spell symbols, and a tree. Then it killed the old graphics driver and made WoW crash. The update not only fixed the problem but made the card run WoW better than it did before.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodenkrieg View Post
    brewfest kodo's specifically are rainbow colors
    SS or it didnt happen
    Last edited by Wonderwuman; 2010-10-13 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OISAC View Post
    Hey,
    Do not do this until after you have given us some screen shots. That's what we all came in here for, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

10+ Year Old Account
    i can't seem to upload pics otherwise i would have okay
    thorgal lvl 80 warrior
    geoforce lvl 80 hunter

killrog EU

imageshack gogo
    Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Most Loved : [...] Germans (yea German people are actually awesome, fuck the World War sterotype bullshit)

Wow Repair, Check all your drivers, if those fail, sounds like a reinstall. Fortunately you should have all the patches saved still, unless you went and deleted them.

This is what happed when i logged in and it keeps fucking around and im so fucking frustraited, anyone know what can be wrong? I got a new grafic card a year ago. This is my computer info:
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
    4 GB ram: Corsair TWIN2X4096-6400C5 G 2x2048MB
    Inno3D GeForce GTX260

:OMG YOU GUYS THIS AMAZING THING HAPPEN"

us: pics or gtfo

"UH LOL I CAN'T BECAUSE MY INTERNET DOESN'T ALLOW THAT"

us: >.> <.<

I've had precisely what you describe happen to me before, spell/item icons all over the place and colors being where they are not suppose to.. I just rebooted my PC and it was gone :S
    Signature.. Am I doing this right?