Deleted

Hunter Spec Discussion

/confused for not seeing a similiar topic already. Anyway, after looking through talents I'd say BM is #1, SV #2 and MM is #3, but since I cba theorycrafting I was wondering what your opinions are .

I tried all 3 yesterday, BM came out ahead for me (with a core hound) by about 600DPS over SV and 800DPS over MM.
    Granted, I'm not exactly pro on the new focus/rotation/prio setup yet, but BM seems more ezmode.
    BW + RF + Ancient Hysteria (pet BL) + arcane spam = big big numbers

EDIT: Not to mention Focus Fire haste buff and Fervor focus regen. You can go for days with the arcane spam.

SV seemed to improve a great deal.. about +1000dps on the heroic training dummy over MM - havent tried BM yet

I was still playing around with it, but this was the spec that yielded the best results for me.
    http://wowtal.com/#k=vcsZW731.a5o.hunter.-pWIyI

Still far from complete with testing, but I'm liking the BM setup.

Deleted
    can u link your talent tree as BM ? 'grimkiller'

MM should be better at 80 excpet for mastery being a worse stat for MM than for BM and SV (at 80), so an equal set will be a gear test and not a spec test.
    The reason MM should be better is because all 3 specs are stuck with underpowered SS; but MM actually has the talents to help SS be better.
    Mooska (Holy Cow Meatshield) <Lethal> - Argent Dawn EU
    Nooska (Blood Elf Animal lover) <Lethal> - Argent Dawn EU
    Beast Master hunter in 4.3 - Elitist Jerks
    Beast Master hunter, PVE guide - Wowhead

15+ Year Old Account
    Since the nerf to Surv and BM damage contributions from masteries, and the buff to MM (Wild Quiver doing 115% instead of 50%) I'm finding that MM mastery is quite nice atm.

However, I imagine that at 85, BM and SV will start to pull ahead in mastery and dps as a whole.

Cobra Shot is really going to be very nice, and I'm looking forward to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grimkiller View Post
    I was still playing around with it, but this was the spec that yielded the best results for me.
    wowtal.com/#k=vcsZW731.a5o.hunter.-pWIyI

Still far from complete with testing, but I'm liking the BM setup.
    I have the exact same setup as you except I spec'ed "Pathing" instead of "Efficiency" with the extra talent. My damage was still better than MM, but I find the rotation to still be a bit clunky.

What's your rotation and why did you choose Efficiency over Pathing? Just curious