Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just did a ten man icc on my pally after doing one random to learn the spells. We took 3 heals for most of just to make sure we were ok with all the new stuff. We downed saurang and called it. Heals were priest, tree, and me the Hpally. We changed it up and 2 healed saurfang, me and the Disc priest. I just barely beat the disc priest on recount but we made it through. I was trying to throw everything and use up my mana and just couldn't do it. I was at about 38k mana buffed, and never got below 25k on any of the fights. 10 man, but still, regen is nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by cyan421 View Post
    I just did a ten man icc on my pally after doing one random to learn the spells. We took 3 heals for most of just to make sure we were ok with all the new stuff. We downed saurang and called it. Heals were priest, tree, and me the Hpally. We changed it up and 2 healed saurfang, me and the Disc priest. I just barely beat the disc priest on recount but we made it through. I was trying to throw everything and use up my mana and just couldn't do it. I was at about 38k mana buffed, and never got below 25k on any of the fights. 10 man, but still, regen is nuts.
    Does your recount include absorption by disc priest shields?
    I use Skada, and disc priests were absorbing insane amounts of damage with their shields. Absorbs+heals, they're topping meters most of the time so far...
    And by top, I mean outhealing shamans and pallies by 30% - 40% :P

Facerolling to the top of the charts is over, get over it and get to learn the new playstyle. READ your talents / spells and actually THINK a bit about what can be done with what you've got.

ps: Yes, recount takes into account absorbs now straight out of the box. Get used to seeing disc priest on the top. It's ABSOLUTELY not that discs are better than other healing specs, it's just that, by nature, absorbs are much more useful and practical than actual heals. When you overheal your overheal doesn't hang about for the next 10seconds on the target to just pop out of nowhere if that target takes damage... Absorbs do. Again, get used to it.
    Last edited by kouby; 2010-10-15 at 03:51 AM.

I'm not all that disappointed tbh. I have about 900 haste and 506 mp5 while in combat. I have about 3300 sp with kings. I would just keep beacon on which ever tank was active and hit them with HS if it crit I would cast DL -> HL, by then you'll have WoG to cast on the tank or someone else then cast HS again and repeat. If Day Break proc's I'll cast a HS if it crits I'll do the DL -> HL else just hit someone else with the shock immediately.

I used LoD whenever I would remember to Never popped wings or Divine Favor on any fights (we did ICC 10 first wing). I guess I'll need to try 25m but I feel like we're even better tank healers now if you keep the rotation going.

It was me and a druid and I was right behind him ~ 1k hps most of the time. If big damage was going out I could spam FoL like crazy and still never worry about mana.

I'm thinking about getting rid of some of the haste I stack and just getting poop load of regen...

Stubb

---------- Post added 2010-10-15 at 04:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bluepencil View Post
    Speed of Light is nerfed on PTR now... provides 1/2/3% spell haste, and run speed when you cast the healing aura. No more 40% hasted Divine Lights for us
    That sucks bad.... That's the only thing that was helping me semi-keep up with the other healers :/. They hate us. Guess we'll be stacking a shit load of haste come cata.
    Last edited by Stubb; 2010-10-15 at 04:12 AM.

Deleted
    My problem with all this is it stopped being fun. Before I could beacon a tank and heal the raid without constantly worrying. And raid healing is what is fun... Now I honestly feel clueless. I should stick to healing one person only? Also keeping track of holy power in addition to holy shock cooldown and 25 raid frames is a nightmare. I'm not fond of this change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kouby View Post
    Facerolling to the top of the charts is over, get over it and get to learn the new playstyle. READ your talents / spells and actually THINK a bit about what can be done with what you've got.

ps: Yes, recount takes into account absorbs now straight out of the box. Get used to seeing disc priest on the top. It's ABSOLUTELY not that discs are better than other healing specs, it's just that, by nature, absorbs are much more useful and practical than actual heals. When you overheal your overheal doesn't hang about for the next 10seconds on the target to just pop out of nowhere if that target takes damage... Absorbs do. Again, get used to it.
    Firstly NO disc priests are NOT at the top, but by a LONG Shot:

Secondly:
    If all you can say is "Face roll" is over get used to it, perhaps you could also try to justify why atm holy paladins heals cost more than any other healer, the cast time is longer, the frigging HPS is lower and not to mention we are again the only healer in the game without a baseline HOT (Radiance is at 82)...... AND Long Word Glyph is not in the game, i have asked trade a million times.

I am sorry but when the guild "reserve" shaman healer who just casts his biggest heal and gets away without going oom whilst i have to juggle my engineering glove proc, infusion procs, speed of light proc, jotp procs to make casting seem like it will reach the target when s/he NEEDS it, and actually put a lot of method behind my healing and the find out that the shaman is using his most expensive or 2nd most expensive spell and just spamming that with earth shield and getting away with it... There is something wrong!

Also HOTS: We don't have them, our direct heals don't cut it now, almost every class can match or exceed the critical healing that was once provided by H.Paladin's this was because we lacked true HOTS... So it was a Balance, now our guild priests and shaman's and pulling of 30-40K Critical in ICC...

Coming to your point about ABSORBS: Blizzard took away our Sacred Shield and gave us what seemed like a pretty decent mastery to make up for our lack of hots or shielding. But guess what, not only did they not even bother to give it an animation but apparently the damn thing doesn't work.

Here is a copy of my recount "absorb" log from ICC last night:

Then comes the point of additional healing over time (Bonus) healing:
    Almost every healer is getting this, Priests, Shaman's and druids are all getting bonus healing in addition to their heal on the target. Paladin's totally lack in this department.

Haste to Mana cost return:
    This is another issue, Speed of Light has been nerfed as has clarity of purpose. Considering that atm we are forced to do some pretty strange things in raid to make our heals competitive our casting haste is just too slow.

Before you ask, with engineering procs i have in excess of 1000 haste.

So then when we are healing we use Holy Shock ( to try and get the infusion proc) this makes holy light faster, or we wait for the speed of light proc. Both these procs help our cheap heal so we can use that in between softer phases to allow some regen from meditation.

The problem is that a) our Regen IS poor, in a raid environment it's very poor. With Solace and PLD procs i am sitting at 700 combat regen and even then it's seems like a major kick in the teeth.

And NO DP in ICC atm is not viable. However it's nice to see Glyph of Divinity works.

Also coming to your point about face roll, i guess this is working as intended?:

Image Courtesy of TortillaGirl.
    Last edited by mmocbc36cf2888; 2010-10-15 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megara View Post
    My problem with all this is it stopped being fun. Before I could beacon a tank and heal the raid without constantly worrying. And raid healing is what is fun... Now I honestly feel clueless. I should stick to healing one person only? Also keeping track of holy power in addition to holy shock cooldown and 25 raid frames is a nightmare. I'm not fond of this change.
    My feelings exactly. Holy is not fun anymore. There were so many times in ICC hc yesterday when i thought "damn i could have saved that tank/dps pre-patch". The only fun factor is Light of Dawn, but whenever it's really needed people just wont stand together for it to heal them all. Holy Light is complete shit; it wont keep tanks up even on trash packs. Divine Light is too slow to be any good, and FoL just wont cut it on fights that last longer than 4 minutes. HS is ok but its cooldown makes it really situational, 99% of the times when i used it i realised that it was not needed, and 99% of the times when i needed it i realised it was on cooldown. WoG takes 18 seconds of preparation when not healing the beacon, so it's our least reliable spell. New beacon is utter crap too, before patch you could completely ignore the beacon target and assume he was at full health all the time, now you still gotta watch its health and heal him directly, if it wasnt for the HP generation i wouldnt even bother talenting beacon most likely.
    Also whats up with the ridiculous single-target throughput? Been one-shotting valithria hc for 4 months now with recount going up to 60k HPS (tenacity pet + GoHL), now i can barely reach 30k with Divine Light spam after 7 mins in the fight and raid gets overrun.

If there's one thing i like about these changes is Protector of the Innocent, it's like a constant beacon of light on me. I dont have to run from shit anymore like everyone else, i stand in the fire and take it like a man :P Maybe our new shockadin skills aswell, exorcism hits quite hard (altho its not efficient to use without Denounce) and is a guaranteed crit in ICC, and HoW is just hilariously overpowered especially in pvp.

I was really sad to hear the Speed of Light change, this makes Divine Light even more worthless than it already is. At least we get 3% spell haste which is better than nothing, but still nowhere as good as reducing Divine Light cast time back to 3.3 HL cast time.

Oh one last thing about FoL, for some reason it's both more expensive and less powerful than priests' Flash Heal. My priest has roughly 600 less spellpower but her Flash healed slightly more than my paladin's, and costs like 200 mana less, AND procs serendipity that reduces the cast time of the next Greater Heal (divine light counterpart). Why the hell cant we have that?

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Holy in theroy is looking good, but anyone that says its fine atm is I dont know what the word is.
    You cant heal a few heroics or 10 man or even 25 man norm ICC and say lol noobs L2 play.

The tools Blizz has given us still make us tank healers with a bit of a flashy aoe heal on a long cd, if we cant keep tanks up on content that matters whats the point in bringing a holy pally at all.

Lets hope Blizz fix this by 85

Deleted
    Oke I healed heroic ICC yesterday, and I don't get all the complaining.
    Did marrowgar 8k HPS used Light of Dawn at start of bonestorm because melee couldn't be asked to move. Put Beacon on one tank heal the other with the instants Holy shock on the tank with the beacon for Stacks of Holy Power.
    Was 3rd on healing with 6 healers, just below one shaman and above the other, the druid was above me (also just a small difference).

We skipped LDW as we had shitloads of lag.
    Went to Saufang went fine first we wiped because one of the marks I didn't Beacon went out of my range, second time I was healing 3 marks and throwing shocks on tank once or twice if they went low and I had a Daybreak proc (was top healing on this fight).

After that we went to Blood Princess again it went fine no problem was beacon on tank healing the other and throwing my Holy shocks and Word of Glory in the raid was second on healing here only one shaman beat me.

Yes my healing isn't super high but I was having NO issues adepting to the changes. Once I got all my addons sorted everything went fine, I was using alot of Divine Light without any issues I didnt touch Flash of Light and almost constantly spammed Holy Light if damage was low. But I do think our mana regen should be upped a little or atleast remove the healing decrease from Divine Plea as there is almost no use for it.

With kind regards,
    Hottank.
    Last edited by mmocbdea814373; 2010-10-15 at 11:19 AM.

World of Logs?
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

I have an alt, lv63 Holy Paladin

I figured out it is much, much easier to heal...
    Heals are stronger and I'm not running out of mana on any of the BC dungeons

I think that's normal, every new expansion, when they implement the system of the new expansion on the current one things get a little "overpowered".
    I just hope that on Cataclysm things become harder, and that running raids and heroics become more skill based and not just this cheap easy stuff.

But I'm liking it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wolvers View Post
    I have an alt, lv63 Holy Paladin

I figured out it is much, much easier to heal...
    Heals are stronger and I'm not running out of mana on any of the BC dungeons

I think that's normal, every new expansion, when they implement the system of the new expansion on the current one things get a little "overpowered".
    I just hope that on Cataclysm things become harder, and that running raids and heroics become more skill based and not just this cheap easy stuff.

But I'm liking it.
    Get to 80 and try him on ICC 25 HM... Then tell me it's easy. Just Saying!

Everything may seem fine to some, but we're definitely gonna feel the haste nerf to speed of light whenever it goes live :/.

But they are also making these changes relative to lvl 85 stats too I guess. But I don't understand the mentality of "screw 1 - 84, 85 is all that matters".

Stubb

---------- Post added 2010-10-15 at 01:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uridawnblade View Post
    Get to 80 and try him on ICC 25 HM... Then tell me it's easy. Just Saying!
    I can't even imagine doing hardmode content... it was kind of rough before the patch (to me atleast)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya i was noticing my holy pally doing horrible!! resto druids and priests are insane and i was just felt lost... my beacon is barely helpful i cant spam any move besides crappy holy light and i feel lost... off spec is ret sooo =/

Quote Originally Posted by hottank View Post
    We skipped LDW
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Exactly what i was thinking, Marrowgar doesn't really exploit our weaknesses >.>
    \Maybe heroic Sindy and PP.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Deleted
    We had 2 paladins one was healing one tank button beacon on the second the other was healing the thirth tank beaconing the second.
    While doing this I used my Holy Shock on the beaconed tank for stacks that's it that's how I did it, and I don't like to be called talking bullshit when I'm not.

And the tries on Saufang I wasn't meaning that my heals were fully healing the tank as another pala was on the tank just use shocks on the tank when he got low, and had to heal a thirth mark in the end OFCOURSE with a bit of help from the other healers.
    Last edited by mmocbdea814373; 2010-10-15 at 02:50 PM.

When trying to get 3 HP, do you have to get those 3 in 30s before the first falls off? or when you cast a spell that generates a HP does it refresh the duration?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubb View Post
    When trying to get 3 HP, do you have to get those 3 in 30s before the first falls off? or when you cast a spell that generates a HP does it refresh the duration?
    I found that if i had 3 HP and i casted HS or say a infusion proced HL on the beacon, the 3 stacks would be refreshed. Personally i just spam WOG when it gets to 3 stacks which is really quick to generate.

Awesome, yeah Eternal Glory is too good to pass up. I know it's random, but I had it proc 7 times in a row on BoatShip last night, and 2 -> 3 times quite frequently throughout the duration of the raid. I just wish there was more to do with HP instead of just one heal. That's just me.