Retribution Damage?

Now that the new patch is out, I find my DPS rather... lacking. Before I was doing about 3.7k dps, but now I'm doing around 2.5k on average with 4.5k on bosses. IS anyone else having this problem? Is it because our AoE damage is now poor? Or maybe I'm not used to the new rotation...

I would link my armory but it hasn't been updated with my current items.

Post armory anyway...

I would say after regemming, reforging, and working through the rotation (its really not that bad, but I can see it being a clusterF^ck as soon as we have to start putting inquisition and guardian of the ancient kings in. Its just sort of disappointing seeing other classes buffs actually making a significant positive impact.

The rotation isnt that bad, but the numbers are very lackluster. I had that realization after I went on a target dummy and did a sustained 6.5k. I logged on my 70 Warlock (who is in full t6) and did 4k as Demo...

it was pretty disheartening

Quote Originally Posted by Liminal View Post
    I would say after regemming, reforging, and working through the rotation (its really not that bad, but I can see it being a clusterF^ck as soon as we have to start putting inquisition and guardian of the ancient kings in. Its just sort of disappointing seeing other classes buffs actually making a significant positive impact.

The rotation isnt that bad, but the numbers are very lackluster. I had that realization after I went on a target dummy and did a sustained 6.5k. I logged on my 70 Warlock (who is in full t6) and did 4k as Demo...

it was pretty disheartening
    You'd probably manage 5k as destru o.O

Well, wowarmory EU is down for maintenance so I can't link it at the moment.

I can understand that Blizzard wanted to differentiate the good from the bad players, but going from 4k dps on boss targets down to 3.4, whilst upgrading my gear by 250gs, that's upsetting... But I'll give that addon a try.

Throwing this in here rather than making a new thread...Just did a bit of testing, and despite the fact that we have http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=53376 and http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=24275 used to be our "use on CD <20%", now it's just...really really sad. The only point of this trademark ability now is, well, I can't think of one. If the boss is out of melee range, you're spamming Exo, and even with wings up, I just tested trying to spam Hammer on CD and it crit every time...for about 6400 dmg...with wings up...my Exo's were HITTING for 6700, and critting for over 10k...without wings...
    Blizzard...please increase the dmg of HoW so it isn't Noodle of Wrath anymore...
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned