Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pyroblast not "instant" with Hot Streak.

I noticed this on the PTR and didn't give it much mind thinking "this is PTR". But this went live and that makes me wonder if it's a bug or if it's intentional.

I love the new Hot Streak. Just want to make that clear.

However, Pyroblast! isn't "instant" when it procs. Don't get me wrong, it is, but you can't cast it while moving. And that's where the issue lies. I spent some time testing all kinds of things trying to get it to cast while moving and nothing worked. So I watched the tooltip to see if it changed. When Hot Streak procs, the tooltip retains its cast time for Pyroblast. It changed pre-4.0 when HS proc'd.

hmm, when I was on the PTR I didn't have an issue at all (I was running around free scorching and casting pyroblasts on dummies), and I don't remember having the problem last night when I was testing my spec in ToGC.

Hmm I will have to test this when I get home. I didn't notice any problems in that it fired instantly last night, but I wasn't running around trying it...just standing at a target dummy.

I wasn't having any like-issues on PTRs either.

Others testing is really appreciated.

Anobix, could you check it out again (maybe on target dummy?) to make sure? Using HS on the move was a common tactic for me in ICC.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I can confirm this bug, noticed it last night and also tried several ways to force it. No go. However, you can still instantly cast it while NOT moving. Assuming it wasn't a bug.. having to stop for a split second is wonky, nor does it even remotely "Balance" it, assuming it actually needed balancing.

I'm safely assuming it's a bug simply because this wouldn't do anything of significance. It had never behaved this way on PTR, and it's never behaved that way on Beta (and still doesn't, which are several builds ahead of us). I wouldn't worry too much just yet. Who knows, it could be a cheap way for Blizzard to try and keep Fire in line with these changes at 80. Nobody can deny how ridiculous Fire is atm, especially in PvP.

Kudos for including the "!", it's important!
    Last edited by skylla05; 2010-10-13 at 05:39 PM.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

LOL Pyroblast just isn't the same as Pyroblast!.

And thanks, Skylla. Was startin to worry it was an addon causing the issue. Already had to change more stuff with my addons than I'd like and still working on it.

Really, really hoping this is indeed a bug. Certainly seems to be.

I am observing the same bug as well. Like others stated, the only way I've found to cast instant Pyroblasts from Hot Streak is by standing still. With all addons disabled (was hoping bartender might have been the culprit) the bug still persisted.

That was a problem, but it no longer is, was fixed sometime last night.

I can confirm that the bug is still active on Live. At least it was for me today, as of 16:30 Eastern US time (21:30 GMT).

will test it out when i login tonight and post for you.

Defintly confirmed last night. you can NOT cast pyroblast while moving, huge dps loss for us =(

I have the same problem with Pyroblast. I created a ticket and I got a response of a GM where he said that they are not aware of such a bug, they will be investigating it. Meanwhile I could try deleting my WTF, Interface and Cache folders... like that would help o.O
    /Zetsumei

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumei View Post
    Meanwhile I could try deleting my WTF, Interface and Cache folders... like that would help o.O
    Don't burn it before you've tried it.

Though something like that shouldn't be affected by your WTF/Interface/Cache folders (especially not the first two, that'd wipe your UI).

I just tested on a target dummy and I can run/jump/etc while doing instant pyroblasts, I don't know what is wrong with yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Anobix View Post
    I just tested on a target dummy and I can run/jump/etc while doing instant pyroblasts, I don't know what is wrong with yours.
    Same, had no issues using it on the run.

I had it happen to me once in WSG, that's all. It worked all the rest of last night.

Seems very tempremental. 90% of the time it works fine for me, then there's the other 10% where i have to stop briefly to hit the button, then keep moving.

Tried again this afternoon. I was still unable to cast instant Pyroblasts while moving. I had a friend try on his mage, and he was able to cast instant pyroblast 3 times in a row while moving then his stopped working for the rest of the evening. Looks like I'm going to have to resort to clearing cache, etc. to see if I'm able to isolate anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anobix View Post
    same here. working fine for me