Thread: Prot warrior

Prot warrior

What hit % do u go for? Or just straight up mastery/parry/dodge?

I try to stay as close to 8% as I can. Missed taunts have been causing shitty pants since ZA's bear boss.

Edit: With gear. No way in hell will I gem hit.
    Last edited by Notfemmesbf; 2010-10-13 at 07:48 PM.

aren't taunts 100% hit chance now?...that's why they removed the 8% hit glyphs?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

so you only need 8%? coool!

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    aren't taunts 100% hit chance now?...that's why they removed the 8% hit glyphs?
    Yes, they are. You cannot miss anymore with taunts.

But for threat purposes, try to go ahead and get some hit on your gear.

Problem is they changed hit gem color. My hit/stam gems (used in my +12 stam head socket) became hit/dodge. So I just lost the 15 stam. Kind of sucks they made stam and hit both blue now

As a tank I wouldnt gem for hit anyways since we usually get close to 200 HR with gear alone. There are plenty of other options for hit gain if you really needed it(glove enchant or reforging for example).

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    As a tank I wouldnt gem for hit anyways since we usually get close to 200 HR with gear alone. There are plenty of other options for hit gain if you really needed it(glove enchant or reforging for example).
    Well i figured that a hit/stam gem in a +12 socket was a good trade off 3 stam for 10 hit

I just reforged all my gear turning a portion of my parry into hit/expertise

Thanks to the ability to reforge stats like hit/expertise/parry/dodge should just be removed as they don't really have much of a value anymore

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Thanks to the ability to reforge stats like hit/expertise/parry/dodge should just be removed as they don't really have much of a value anymore
    And we could maybe remove all but 1 button as well in case it's too hard?

I mean seriously, those numbers have plenty of value, and learning to tweak and balance them accordingly is a really nice change imho, people will need to understand how Parry works, how block works, what DR's are etc. It actually makes things far more immersive imho.

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.