What to gem for SP

In general my priest is an alt and haven't read al to much about it yet. I noticed tho spirit isnt that usefull anymore for a SP.
    So is it just Stacking intellect wich would be the best way and reforge to mastery ?

please share your thoughts with a nubby SP

15+ Year Old Account
    Read the stickies, there are tons of topics like this one. Spirit is useful if you need hit, otherwise it is useless.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

mastery is crap for shadow priest and u should gem str8 intellect or 10 int 10 haste for meta gem and socket bonus if its 4-5 sp or more.. make sure you are hit capped and then if u have leftover hit or spirit then reforge it to haste or crit
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

How much crit/haste should a shadow priest and a holy priest be looking at?

Deleted
    Shadow needs to Gem Spirit or Hit for Hit cap, which is now 17%. After that you gem pure Intellect. Crit and Haste are roughly equal in BiS gear so it really doesn't matter what you do with them. They will still be worse than pure Int though. Mastery is bad for PvE but can be abused for high burst in PvP.

Holy should max-out its throughput via Haste. Mana won't be an issue until level 85.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Shadow needs to Gem Spirit or Hit for Hit cap, which is now 17%. After that you gem pure Intellect. Crit and Haste are roughly equal in BiS gear so it really doesn't matter what you do with them. They will still be worse than pure Int though. Mastery is bad for PvE but can be abused for high burst in PvP.

Holy should max-out its throughput via Haste. Mana won't be an issue until level 85.
    with 2/2 in twisted faith you should never need to gem for hit or spirit
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Shadow needs to Gem Spirit or Hit for Hit cap, which is now 17%.
    Are you sure that hit cap is now 17%? Judging by the smite-spec glyph it should be 18% right now. Also, when I've been testing 'new' rotation with 17,28% of hit I've got 2 misses from mind flay ticks which were about 0,5% of miss.

Does enyone know why is our hit talents not counted in character's sheet but drenei's racial is?

Quote Originally Posted by Merridian View Post
    Are you sure that hit cap is now 17%? Judging by the smite-spec glyph it should be 18% right now. Also, when I've been testing 'new' rotation with 17,28% of hit I've got 2 misses from mind flay ticks which were about 0,5% of miss.

Does enyone know why is our hit talents not counted in character's sheet but drenei's racial is?
    make sure u check the hit in the spell abilities of your char info not ranged and there next to it shows your miss chance on targets of lvl 80 81 82 and 83