Deleted

Alternate forum skin

hey there forum

i was thinking of an idea, of making a new skin to the forum

this skin is optional and u can choose between it and the original

the idea is making a new skin that colors the forum in black and dark gray instead of this green look
    i like how it seems really, but its to bright, and when i visit the forum, mostly at night, my eyes are burned by this bright skin!

a new and optional skin that is easier on the eyes for those who visit the forum at night is a great idea for me, and me eyes would be grateful =)

Renamed for less confusion.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2010-10-13 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordie View Post
    [...]
    a new and optional skin that is easier on the eyes for those who visit the forum at night is a great idea for me, and me eyes would be grateful =)
    Probably best for you to adjust instead to follow night-time computer use recommendations, things like putting a light behind your monitor, etc. You'll thank yourself when your vision hasn't deteriorated rapidly over the next decade. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    I bet you´re a vampire!

But sure, it would be nice, however, for me it´s not that big of an issue and I could live without it
    i normally just use the forum after raid times 2/3 am, and i get headaches just from looking at the forum, because i'm in a dark room =P

Put a light source behind your monitor. That should be a given because otherwise you're putting your eyes under very heavy strain whenever you look at something bright.

CSS would let you do that yourself, albeit with much more difficulty than if the forum adopts the idea.

It might at least help with your headaches in the meantime.

If your eyes get tired or 'burned' as you say you have to lower your screen brightness, reading a shiny text in a black background won't help you any more than having a shiny one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerOnly View Post
    CSS would let you do that yourself, albeit with much more difficulty than if the forum adopts the idea.

It might at least help with your headaches in the meantime.
    css?

CSS = Cascading Style Sheets

You can modify the look of a page by editing (or creating) a css file. The process may be strange for someone who is not familiar with some kind of web development so if you are willing to go this way I recommend googling it for some background info and ways to modify the css file to your needs.

+1 to the idea BTW :-)

Deleted
    It's best if we get one design working first, I think.

Deleted
    I love this skin!

10+ Year Old Account
    I to would have a darker skin. Not because of some weird nighttime use thing, but because I simply prefer darker themes/looks on everything that I use computer wise.

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...

Deleted
    making a bump, cause of the new skin of the forum

its a great time to think about this idea