Does elemental use CL anymore?

With the introduction of Earthquake as an AOE tool, do we even use Chain Lightning anymore for AOE?

you don't go oom spamming chain lightning, you do go oom spamming earthquake.

On top of that, Chain Lightning also has a chance to generate a Lightning Shield Orb on each jump.

CL is still concluded in your rotation, earthquake is just so ele shammy's have a better aoe for when it's needed

I think elemental's now the only caster spec with proper "cleave" damage. This is actually quite a cool aspect, especially with how that interacts with Fulmination.

EQ is weak in the situations where CL is great: 2-5 mobs. EQ, like other "true AOEs" is balanced around being used against a half dozen or more targets. Under that amount, most specs are better off single-targeting (I'm not sure where the line really is). But Elem is able to do a little partial-AOE, and will perform well in those scenarios.

ofc its used in... pvp!

Yes its still in your rotation, when you can afford it. it hits harder then lightning, and for about the same cast time. Also when it can cleave, fulm gets stacked up really fast.

As enhancement, i'll use it much more often now with the glyph for small packs.