Poll: Do you love or hate the new Tree Of Life?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

New Tree Of LIfe:Love or Hate

Thumbnails please.
    Last edited by Alski; 2010-10-14 at 02:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love

Deleted
    Love. So much love.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It has the orc animations, can't touch this bark!

Love,but they should have one different model for horde and one different model for alliance.

Did you need to make another thread about this?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Old ones looked like treants, this is pretty cool looking!

It doesn't matter which you like more. They are making the old tree form a minor glyph.

Love it!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The face could be a little less disturbing to look at as I'm sure there are a lot of female players who might not want to look like a male Orc with leaves on it. Perhaps it could change depending on the class?

Don't understand how ppl can like this, it's plain awefull! This game is about atmosphere, if you just want the best graphycs you shouldn't play wow at all as there's much prettier looking games for you then. I'm sure most druids will like the old model more it had more to it, this is just a retarded model, the different colors is new and nice but they could done this on old model to, and OMFG look at the facen do they actually believe this is'cool'?

And why not permanent models anymore? isn't druid a SHAPESHIFTING class but stil blizz , you force on us that we need to be more in normal state...it is something YOU Want not us, i might as well roll an priest then or a paladin then i have some OP skills with it as well.

I'd take staying in the old ToL all the time over the new model with a cooldown, but the new model is pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mykungfu View Post
    The face could be a little less disturbing to look at as I'm sure there are a lot of female players who might not want to look like a male Orc with leaves on it. Perhaps it could change depending on the class?
    Since when are there more classes then druids that can use tree of life? :P

I wouldn't call the Worgen Bear form particularly feminine either, but people are not complaining about that...
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefartaria View Post
    Don't understand how ppl can like this, it's plain awefull! This game is about atmosphere, if you just want the best graphycs you shouldn't play wow at all as there's much prettier looking games for you then.
    Explain how the new Tree of Life form ruins the atmosphere, you can't just make a statement like that and then not give an explination as to why your arguement is valid.

Fact; The Trees of Life are Ancients, the younger cousins of the Trees of Ages, and Trees of Eternity.
    Fact; Ancients unanimously appear male in WoW and Warcraft 3, and i haven't even heard of female Ancients in the books
    Fact; The new TOL form resembles an ancient rather than a piece of driftwood.

I fail to see how this does anything but reinforce the atmosphere, as it actually turns you into its namesake. Agreed, it should still be a normal shapeshift rather than a timed, cooldown ability, but now it at least looks something like what its supposed to represent. Sure, a shorter face and no nose would be more in keeping with the original model, but its still a vast improvement.

As for the beard... If i remember corectly, the only Ancient that did not have a beard was the Ancient of Wonder.

It does look good, but I really cannot stand those faces :P I'm glad I don't have druid..

All in all, I like it lil' bit more than the old one
    Just believe... all cars have mind.

...I think I prefer the brocolli.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mykungfu View Post
    I'm a female. I love it. This just confirmed my decision to reroll troll druid for cata. Now I'm kind of disappointed the form isn't permanent. But yes I agree with the earlier statement that there should be a different model for horde and alliance at the very minimum.

Druid shelved because of this patch. No more heals for me.