Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrubninja View Post
    A level 40 discipline priest was killing a level 49 warrior with 2 dots. It's insane.
    That's the easiest way to kill a warrior 1v1 as a disc priest. Dot him up and keep yourself alive.

OT: maybe I should go pull out my mage and play with this.

I got a 72k and 74k in an heroic today, was pretty funny. BGs as arcane is also hilarious. Running around hitting people for 25k+, I went 30 something with only 3 deaths in full PvE gear, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    got a 236k crit while running lawl toc 25 regular as a warm up run. Lord Jaraxxus w/ 5 stacks of nether power, images, dfo, arcane power, mana gem going. was sitting at 45k dps for a while.

You do relize you just linked your buds real life name aswell? if this was me I would probably sue you.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierman5000 View Post
    Hey listen too the blizzard fanboi retards. It all balances out at 85!!!!! I mean, we get like 80-110k hp pools in cata, and arcane blasts at lv 80 are only doing 71k. At this pace, arcane blast will only crit for 125k in cata. Hur durr but we'll have 80k hp pools so it all balances out at 85 HURR DURR!
    First off learn English. Secondly, crit gets massively decimated when you level, even to 81.

Quote Originally Posted by speedlance View Post
    you do relize you just linked your buds real life name aswell? If this was me i would probably sue you.
    lol

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enderfish View Post
    Binksie on Bloodhoof
    Oh hi Guildie.

Anyways it appears that mages are the DPS class to play now. Might look into leveling one myself. Keep up the good work.

I have just obliterated a 1k rez warrior in duel(poly+ 1 arcane blast that critted 51k without buffsDD)

Tested arcane a bit with full mastery reforging. 85k blast and 27k barrage to dummy with all CDs. Not bad, really :>. Think there was CoE when i got that 85k but that's all. With full raid buffs and icc aura it should go to around 130-150k at last. Sustained ~14k dps selfbuffed with both arcane and fire with mastery reforging, though I'm still not sure what rotation is optimal for arcane. Tried Spam all CDs and burn mana to 35%, evocate, use missiles whenever they proc at +95% mana until you have evocation ready again and can burn your mana down to 35%. Haven't read any theorycrafting at all since patch so no idea if it's best but at last it sounds like ok. Obviously at raid you can burn mana more often if you have innervates.

You're greatly exaggerating raid buffs. If you got 85k with CoE on, rest of the raid buffs might bring that to 95k. Getting more crit doesn't make you see bigger numbers. Nor more haste. You'll get 5% more int and 4% more spellpower from raid buffs, that's about it.

I'm definitely staying arcane until they nerf it which seems inevitable at this point with these crazy high crits, I think 75k was my highest so far. Kinda sad how a 1 button rotation is doing amazing dps while those poor feral druids and ret pallies are getting the shaft. Sucks to be them. I luff my mage.

Current arcane is like Fury warrior of the old. Scales with gear a bit too well. Same with fire. And I'm afraid Bliz will kneejerk both specs because of current bloated gear, ruining both when gear goes away.

Nerfing arcane burst is probably needed. Personally I expect AB to become 2.0 sec spell, doing 20% less damage and costing 20% less. Dps would remain same, just less spiky.

PS. Any word on haste vs crit vs mastery yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoth View Post
    You're greatly exaggerating raid buffs. If you got 85k with CoE on, rest of the raid buffs might bring that to 95k. Getting more crit doesn't make you see bigger numbers. Nor more haste. You'll get 5% more int and 4% more spellpower from raid buffs, that's about it.
    I doubt he could hit an 150k crit but don't forget the ICC BUFF which will also increase his damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoth View Post
    demonic pact is 10%. Flask and food gives ~160 more sp. With trinket procs that 10% is alot, DFO alone increases your AB crit by 10k at max stack and CTS is around the same (I don't have it yet tho, stuck with reign though it's not bad either atm).
    I'm at ~4k SP unbuffed, ~2k from trinkets, 150 from buffs, thats 6200. ~6900sp with DP, full mana crit to target with CoE, multiply it with 1.3 (ICC aura) and that 150k is not unreachable.

EDIT: forgot BoK, it's around 120-150 more sp aswell.
    EDIT2: Forgot mana gem also, it scales with DP and BoK so you should be around 8k SP at last.
    Last edited by Mammel; 2010-10-14 at 01:22 PM.

Demo pact is just +4% since we have our own buff now. But yes, ICC aura should push it over 120k. I just don't see 150k happening unless you get even more lucky with procs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    I heard that blizz is getting ready to release a massive nerf on Dec7th. It will be the first time they Nerf us in such a way...we will start super strong and feel like gods...but as we lvl up we will wither and our power will slowly go down as our crit haste etc will vanish infront of our eyes!

In other news lvl 85 balanced abilities are OP @ 80 More news at 11!

That horse shit excuse about balanced abilities @85 doesn't work.
    Kill Command didn't even make it off the ptr hitting HALF that
    If only i could learn to be sneaky like the damn Fel Reavers

Deleted
    Arcane is the spec in 4.xx which have the worst design. Mana adept in its current form has nothing to do with "fun mana games" and everything to do about frontloading dmg. Arcane has gone from being smeered on the forums as a 2 button spec - to a future where the dps will come 90% from one spell. Inc "skilless one button spec". Arcane missiles have gone from beeing somewhat worthwhile to arcanes rotational anti climax. It is about as fun as a hunter spec where you would spam Steadyshots with a lowdmg arcane shot once in a while to throttle focus.

90k+ on saurfang last night... 3 times in a row.

Needless to say, arcane can more than compete with fire.

---------- Post added 2010-10-14 at 08:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    Arcane is the spec in 4.xx which have the worst design. Mana adept in its current form has nothing to do with "fun mana games" and everything to do about frontloading dmg. Arcane has gone from being smeered on the forums as a 2 button spec - to a future where the dps will come 90% from one spell. Inc "skilless one button spec". Arcane missiles have gone from beeing somewhat worthwhile to arcanes rotational anti climax. It is about as fun as a hunter spec where you would spam Steadyshots with a lowdmg arcane shot once in a while to throttle focus.
    Nope, troll elsewhere please.
    Last edited by Phovos; 2010-10-14 at 01:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phovos View Post

Nope, troll elsewhere please.
    yeah - go diaf my friendo.

I was in ICC 25 last night on Lady D, and had an arcane blast crit for 110,848. Granted I had all cooldowns popped and I think a trinket proc. My jaw hit the floor.

Also we had a lock last night doing 45kDPS on the trash...TRASH!! LOL He said we was getting 80,000 pink laser hits on the boss. WTF! LOL