New Lava Lash Glyph

Haven't seen a post on this yet, but i think its a pretty big change

Glyph of Lava Lash - now Increases the damage dealt by your Lava Lash ability by 20% and no longer requires your weapon to be enchanted with Flametongue.

Speculation!!
    Now if I'm reading this right, Lava Lash will no longer need flametounge enchanted to do extra damage? That means we would be able to enchant our offhand with windfury again, or even frostbrand and still have a full power lava lash! Although now that i think about it, we might still very much prefer Flametounge for the fire damage it does.

What do you guys think?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    [...]Now if I'm reading this right, Lava Lash will no longer need flametounge enchanted to do extra damage? That means we would be able to enchant our offhand with windfury again, or even frostbrand and still have a full power lava lash! Although now that i think about it, we might still very much prefer Flametounge for the fire damage it does.

What do you guys think?
    You're reading things right.
    This would bring dual Windfury into the discussion again as it's no longer unique.
    Flametongue doesn't do fire damage anymore, it's a flat SP increase of 1705 now.
    Both sound nice, but i'll leave it to the experts to sim this.

Tooltip still says:

Flametongue Weapon- Imbue your equipped weapon dealing Fire damage when you strike enemies.

Funny thing is, although it does still give a spell power bonus, the tool tip doesnt mention it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    Tooltip still says:

Flametongue Weapon- Imbue your equipped weapon dealing Fire damage when you strike enemies.

Funny thing is, although it does still give a spell power bonus, the tool tip doesnt mention it lol.
    because this is the noob-tooltip.
    the real one should be the same as in 3.3.5.

dunno why some spells have the starter-tooltip and some have the normal one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    first of all ft is still doing dmg etealst maine do and i dont think im special second thing is 2x wf to be valuable need to lose internal cd cose losing mainhand wf in favor of offhand wf is prety terible idea and its not working well for prety long time

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    first of all ft is still doing dmg etealst maine do and i dont think im special second thing is 2x wf to be valuable need to lose internal cd cose losing mainhand wf in favor of offhand wf is prety terible idea and its not working well for prety long time
    let me take a crack at this~
    Translation: first of all flame-tongue is still doing damage, at least mine does and i don't think I'm special . Also wind-fury would have to be buffed to twice what it currently is and lose its internal cooldown to be useful, because putting wind-fury on your off-hand weapon instead of your main-hand weapon is a terrible idea and doesn't work in the long run.

did i do good?

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooStu View Post
    Translation: first of all flame-tongue is still doing damage, at least mine does and i don't think I'm special . Also wind-fury would have to be buffed to twice what it currently is and lose its internal cooldown to be useful, because putting wind-fury on your off-hand weapon instead of your main-hand weapon is a terrible idea and doesn't work in the long run.

did i do good?
    your language skill in "retard" increased by +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooStu View Post

did i do good?
    Yes. Yes you did. But I still see windfury flame being used, just because that a cubic shit ton of sp on flame.

It's simply a buff for PVP

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    your language skill in "retard" increased by +1
    I didn't know you had to be disabled to not be able to speak proper English, but hey you and me are two different people.

+1 cloudwolfe

I really hope the phrase burns out eventually.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudwolfe View Post
    I didn't know you had to be disabled to not be able to speak proper English, but hey you and me are two different people.
    He was sarcastic

He actually clapped for this guy for being able to read that post.

Also, differences in tooltips that you've experienced is a new feature called 'begginer's tooltip'. You can switch it on and off in UI options under Help tab iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by xap View Post
    It's simply a buff for PVP
    Exactly. Less penalty for putting Frostbrand on OH.