Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Atonement works again, but can anyone tell if PW:S benefits from ICC buff? Because I have a 11200 shield self-buffed and 12300 fully buffed in raid (flask+food+shammy totem+kings etc). I'm not seeing any +30%. Is it intended?

I don't think shields are getting the 30% ICC buff anymore. Mine show up in my combat log for the same amount whether I am in or outside of ICC.

---------- Post added 2010-10-15 at 09:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Repo123 View Post
    Atonement was healing as it should yesterday. 100% on everyone other than the caster (50% if it's the caster that is healed).
    Yep, I tested it in a heroic random and at a dummy and it's working properly as of last night.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/39246/

Check the log from 14.10.2010. Unfortunately fights are only from Marrow and DW.
    I was healing as smite spec. Can't really say if it is working beacouse I can't find any atonement on healing spells table. If you check the dps You can see smites were casted pretty often.

Some interesting facts:
    - Archangel is great mana return tool.
    - Heal spell is no needed yet, it is still fine spam a little PW:S and Flash Heals.
    - I found Prayer of Healing best throughtput now.

10+ Year Old Account
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-gtyreztjx1l26tvc/sum/healingDone/

Healed with atonement last night and really not much else. Check out the log above, it really shined on Festergut:
    Healing: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-gtyreztjx1l26tvc/sum/healingDone/?s=6369&e=6576
    Damage: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-gtyreztjx1l26tvc/sum/damageDone/?s=6369&e=6576

---------- Post added 2010-10-15 at 01:48 PM ----------

If you want to know my gear set-up and spec, just ask. Armory isn't even close to right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only 5 man experience so far:

I'm still trying to get my bearings. I think I shouldn't have reforged some of my haste into mastery, but for right now, I'll stick with my choices. I did reforge tons of crit for mastery, and I reforged Spirit as well. I think right now it says it's adding a total of 39% to my absorbs? That could be wrong though.

I've really enjoyed healing via Smite and Atonement. However, I didn't pick up Archangel, like a dork for that build. Oh well, I'll fix it and give that an attempt later. I haven't seen this bug where my Atonement heal hasn't been working, but I'll keep a look out for it.

Like others have said, PW:B feels very lackluster, so I haven't really been using it. My PW:S feels the same, but since I haven't done a raid, I don't know if it's weaker or not. Heal feels very weak right now, and I haven't used it at all.

Glyph wise, I'm using Penance, FHeal, PW:Shield, Divine Accuracy, and Pain Suppression (I think those are the important ones). I went ahead and got the Psychic Scream glyph, and it's pretty neat. I like that we're able to get tons of glyphs without losing out so that's pretty awesome.

The scaling problems Discipline has suffered from start in ToC have been highlighted and sadly with the limitations of the new talent system it's impossible to create a functional spec, but the groundwork seems to be there finally. Discipline is once again a fun spec to play, albeit still too weak to be considered reliable. It finally has a workable playstyle that incorporates, but does not hinge completely on a single mediocre ability and is different enough from Holy to provide an outlet for those who just want something different. Sadly at 80 Holy completely trumps Discipline due to having a more flexible and powerful toolset and still scaling nearly twice as well. Hopefully 5 levels and talents will solve the issue, though Mastery scaling seems to favor Holy as well, so Discipline may require buffs to be viable even at 85.

Hey, that's the most positive thing I've said of Discipline since ToC was released. Give me a break.

I'm using the DPS ring from ICC rep, Ashen Band of Endless Destruction, since I dual spec shadow, while the hit is useless for disc, it's the only other 277 ring I have, and the spell power can proc off of Smites. I totally overlooked the Spyglass though for some reason, as my other trinkets are PLD and Talisman of Resurgence. I have Talisman Macro'd with Power Infusion, but I'm thinking that the reforgeable crit on the spyglass and the constant 200 spellpower on the heroic version makes it better than the Talisman?

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat...768#healingout

My logs for lady deathwhisper, uuhhhm....I kinda used renew a lot since there wasn't much tankhealing. We also took only 4 healers, since the shadow priest were healing pretty nicely. I feel like I'm gonna be shouted at with " whaaat? So much renew? Reroll Holy!" But the divine aegis procs worked really nicely for aoe damage. Yes i did overheal a lot with renew but still.

Then we did saurfang heroic:

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat...770#healingout

I used renew on the marked people while tannk healing so you'll see it still pretty high. I thought the extra damage migitation you get now with renew/divine aegis would help out the other healers. I spammed a lot of flash heals for the tank but only when I had the archangel debuff. I think smite spamming is useless, I only use it to get the archangel debuff and then go nuts with my other heals.

On both fights I didn't use PW:S that much, just to blanket someone, I relied mostly on DA procs really and those procced nicely. Next step for me is to start stacking mastery and compare the data.

oh, my armory (too bad it's not updated yet ) :
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...totem&cn=Surea
    Last edited by Surea; 2010-10-16 at 07:00 AM.

Deleted
    Hee
    I have a question about gemming as a disc priest. I am thinking of gemming haste + intellect is that a good thing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aliahna View Post
    I don't think shields are getting the 30% ICC buff anymore. Mine show up in my combat log for the same amount whether I am in or outside of ICC.
    This is fixed now. Unfortunately it seems the actual bug was that all shields were getting the 30% buff, regardless of whether you were actually in ICC... so all shields are 30% weaker now (outside ICC).

---------- Post added 2010-10-16 at 11:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rusta View Post
    Hee
    I have a question about gemming as a disc priest. I am thinking of gemming haste + intellect is that a good thing ?
    I'd get haste to soft cap (around 831 if you have no points in Darkness) then stack int. If you start having problems with mana you can switch out of some of the haste for more int.

10+ Year Old Account
    ATM I seem to be in a pickle...Just tried out Holy and have fallen in love!
    My question is this, what would you all think the BEST well rounded Disc spec be for raiding?
    Pure Heals or a combo of AA with Atonement? Smite heals were broken the last time I was in raid so I have nothing to go by other than randoms. Thanks for any help..

Smite healing is unreliable as a raiding spec for the most part. You can do it as long as others know you won't be healing anyone except melee. Regardless of spec you'll be taking a 30-40% healing nerf by being Discipline, but a pure healing spec is better at 80 as mana is still basically a non-issue. At 85 the AA type builds might be better, but only for the first few tiers of content and will possibly be out-scaled as early as T11.

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    Smite healing is unreliable as a raiding spec for the most part. You can do it as long as others know you won't be healing anyone except melee. Regardless of spec you'll be taking a 30-40% healing nerf by being Discipline, but a pure healing spec is better at 80 as mana is still basically a non-issue. At 85 the AA type builds might be better, but only for the first few tiers of content and will possibly be out-scaled as early as T11.
    I would like to see these "30-40% nerf" numbers.

1st I love holy, have played it and have tinkered with it already in 25 H ICC. I can tell you mana is at a premium, although it is capable of some monsterous numbers, when not being snatched up by druids, it goes oom and fast.

So.. a large part of healing is supposed to be mana, disc priests have 0 mana issues. and there are luls in the mechanics of fights that allow for a few quick smites to contiune that steady output of healing.

Predicatable damage? we rule it hands down. (see heroic lk infest, gormac stomps, ect)

Meter wise? is that what you are basing this off of? oh ok, disc again tops every single current fight even with the shield nerf, provided you are playing the content as such, as the only disc.

Whats right or wrong? I really don't know, we havent seen the content, but more goes into your healing output than just the biggest heal you can throw, with 0 longevity.

Right now calling it a 30-40% loss with numbers pulled out of your ass? sir I call bullshit.

I do think that holy will get only stronger when they have access to attonment. again, judging 85 content and builds based on 80 is foolish.

and right now, disc is still king. and the way holy pallys have been beaten up there is a viable argument for running it as a tank healer/assist tank healer if four man healing heroic ICC. (and yes, for safetys sake I still run attonment,(without points in divine fury) even on H LK, transitions are a nice opportunity to restore some mana, as well as other luls in phase three. when everyone else is scraping the bottom of the barrel, we have a tool to regen.
    Last edited by shark02140; 2010-10-16 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shark02140 View Post
    1st I love holy, have played it and have tinkered with it already in 25 H ICC. I can tell you mana is at a premium, although it is capable of some monsterous numbers, when not being snatched up by druids, it goes oom and fast.

So.. a large part of healing is supposed to be mana, disc priests have 0 mana issues.
    Then you're wasting your mana. The point of all of the changes is so that all healers have a blue bar to take into consideration, again. The fact of the matter is, Heal isn't enough to keep a tank up on its own. Atonement isn't either. At 85, this is quite clear. So your "Disc priests have 0 mana issues" is quite irrelevant, because current content is quite irrelevant.

and there are luls in the mechanics of fights that allow for a few quick smites to contiune that steady output of healing.
    If there are lulls in fight mechanics, the average healer was already tossing out damage. So the fact that you can do damage while healing is potentially a boon, it doesn't really change much.

Predicatable damage? we rule it hands down. (see heroic lk infest, gormac stomps, ect)
    Gormokk Stomps? You mean spending 5 seconds to handle what it took me 2.1, with a 0.2 second gap between damage done and healing taken? Right. Pre-casting always outweighed tab-shielding, with exceptions being Algalon and Arthas, and Knock Knock Knock.

Meter wise? is that what you are basing this off of? oh ok, disc again tops every single current fight even with the shield nerf, provided you are playing the content as such, as the only disc.
    Lawl meter stealing. "Hey guys, I can ninja all the damage so that I can top meters and make the rest of you overheal, even though my Shield heals less than a Renew or Rejuv in the first place, and offers no continued support after 6 seconds anyways". Right. Current content is stupid, shield spamming is effectively dead at 85, for good reason. It means the spec can grow beyond it, and be actually comparable.

I do think that holy will get only stronger when they have access to attonment. again, judging 85 content and builds based on 80 is foolish.
    Holy can't access Atonement now. So you're saying "Holy will be good in Unnamed Expansion #4"? Assuming Atonement doesn't get dropped down even further?

and right now, disc is still king. and the way holy pallys have been beaten up there is a viable argument for running it as a tank healer/assist tank healer if four man healing heroic ICC. (and yes, for safetys sake I still run attonment,(without points in divine fury) even on H LK, transitions are a nice opportunity to restore some mana, as well as other luls in phase three. when everyone else is scraping the bottom of the barrel, we have a tool to regen.
    Four Healing ICC Heroic has been a thing people have been doing long before, and they were doing it without Discipline for everything except Arthas. This was relevant a couple months ago. As of this past week, not so much anymore. You tell us not to judge a healer from 80 builds, but you're judging it from 80 joke content designed with 3.X mechanics in mind.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2010-10-16 at 07:26 PM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not wanting to start a war on what spec is best for priests, the question is what spec is best for Disc.
    I am sure we all know that both have a place in raid, just looking for feed back from those that have taken both pure healing disc, and Smite healing Disc to raid. (My main is spec'd for both ATM and alt is in Holy, just want input on what to drop from main as I have only healed in pure healing as Disc so far)

atm i am disc pure healing spec, so no atonement.

today i cast a holy fire on a mob, dot from a holy fire did hit critically and i got divine aegis on me (but no healing).
    i went specifically through the log to check, i did not use/miss-click anything else, only thing happening was holy fire and then holy fire dot :P
    i think someone mentioned this bug earlier, so now i can confirm it does hold still.

Oy. I quit for how long and it's the same stale argument? Look at how the spells each spec uses and compare. If you don't see the issue, I can't help you. Furthermore the idea that absorbs beat raw heals on anything except very, very specific cases, is delusional.

My point is in regards to scaling. Don't like it? Not my problem, but at least try not to fall back on the tired 'no overhealing' type excuses. All that implies is that you have too many healers; in which case absorbs become functionally superior to heals. Take a simple glance at how spells are scaling rather than flying into a rage. Discipline was mediocre pre-4.0, but viable because LK required one to be present until people had outgeared him and because many guilds used excessive healers.

Also, despite your claims, a quick glance at any parsing site would show that you're wrong about Disc topping all the fights. Even when Disc is comparable, like say BQL, what you'll find is that Holy is winning while over-healing 30%+, while Disc is behind by 1-2k healing, but only overhealing ~10%. Either way, my intent was not to cause any contention. Discipline is an incomplete spec before 82 and should be treated as such. My only issue is in regards to scaling; the playstyle is rather nice now actually.
    Last edited by harky; 2010-10-16 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Then you're wasting your mana. The point of all of the changes is so that all healers have a blue bar to take into consideration, again. The fact of the matter is, Heal isn't enough to keep a tank up on its own. Atonement isn't either. At 85, this is quite clear. So your "Disc priests have 0 mana issues" is quite irrelevant, because current content is quite irrelevant.
    Holy priests are gasping for it. and honey who said a thing about using attonment beyond regeneration needs, or use the spell heal at all to keep a tank up?

Gormokk Stomps? You mean spending 5 seconds to handle what it took me 2.1, with a 0.2 second gap between damage done and healing taken?
    no I mean back when we were doing the content in ulduar gear in heroic mode and you were wiping to freya and melee was dropping to it.

Lawl meter stealing. "Hey guys, I can ninja all the damage so that I can top meters and make the rest of you overheal, even though my Shield heals less than a Renew or Rejuv in the first place, and offers no continued support after 6 seconds anyways". Right. Current content is stupid, shield spamming is effectively dead at 85, for good reason. It means the spec can grow beyond it, and be actually comparable.
    no not meter stealing, just not needing you. passive healing and shields keep a raid up in heroic aura fights pretty much np. thanks. and if you bothered to read a thing I wrote you would see that i was speaking about current content in that regard.

[
    ]Holy can't access Atonement now. So you're saying "Holy will be good in Unnamed Expansion #4"? Assuming Atonement doesn't get dropped down even further? again we havent seen the content yet, but i'm pretty sure the way holy is an oom machine, you'll be needing attonment more than disc.
    [
    Four Healing ICC Heroic has been a thing people have been doing long before, and they were doing it without Discipline for everything except Arthas. This was relevant a couple months ago. As of this past week, not so much anymore. You tell us not to judge a healer from 80 builds, but you're judging it from 80 joke content designed with 3.X mechanics in mind.
    I'm stating that attonment is looking to be a holy priest, who will be stacked with haste in the first place's best friend.

we are speaking of now. and honey you didnt clear anything pre 30% nerf and struggle. you and your experience in endgame raiding really doesnt make you a judge. sorry but its the truth. see me when you at least get bane.
    Last edited by shark02140; 2010-10-16 at 07:35 PM.

Atonement is a tier 3 talent. It will not be possible to get it at 85 at Holy. As far as 'not needing you', I think you're missing the point. You believe that by shielding you don't need others, but the contrary is actually more true. If your absorbs do not increase net healing on the raid it is you that the raid does not need, because your spot healing is inferior and absorbs can not take care of a target on their own. So when running light on healers Discipline becomes a liability when relying on PW:S.

Also the condescending attitude really doesn't aid your argument, it simply makes you appear immature. It takes very little in game experience to compare the potential healing of two healing classes, or specs. Only a small understanding of spell mechanics. Game experience only changes when there is a mechanic which alters the purpose of spells. For instance on Lich King PW:S is not there to heal at all, it's there to prevent the Infest mechanic from triggering. If it did that, but also did 0 healing/absorbs, you would still cast it.

And regardless of any individual's personal experience if there are records (see: WoL) to prove their point, then you need to discuss the point, not the personal experiences. People were killing LK without Disc Priests pre-4.0 and pre-30% buff. People were also discussing how Discipline was scaling poorly as far back as January. They've been nerfed since then, yet you wish to believe they're in fine shape. That's your prerogative.

Quote Originally Posted by shark02140 View Post
    Holy priests are gasping for it. and honey who said a thing about using attonment beyond regeneration needs, or use the spell heal at all to keep a tank up?
    I'm not "Gasping for it". If your Holy Priests are blowing everything they have to make sure Aurora Borealis never drops down because Sanctuary is ridiculously pretty, then they deserve to run OoM. It is pretty, what it does is quite cool, but that's where most people fall down.

As far as referencing Heal, I did it because "Heal" is easier to type out compared to "Heal/Smite/Nourish/Healing Wave/Holy Light". They don't keep a tank up on their own. The difference is, who else can you guarantee to heal with Atonement? Unless someone is soaking cleaves, it's pretty much going onto a tank. Thus, for general purpose healing, Atonement is a "tank" heal mechanic. A weak tank healing mechanic, but that is pretty much all you can chalk it up to.

Atonement has nothing to do with Regeneration. That's Evangelism/Archangel. The synergy for Smite as a whole is nice, and offers some interesting things for the spec, to make it play different from Holy.

no I mean back when we were doing the content in ulduar gear in heroic mode and you were wiping to freya and melee was dropping to it.
    You quoted Gormokk. I responded with Gormokk. I also realized Freya before you did (look at edit time stamp 4 minutes before your post), and brought in that shields were great for Algalon. Lawlfest is still worthy of lulz though.

no not meter stealing, just not needing you. passive healing and shields keep a raid up in heroic aura fights pretty much np. thanks. and if you bothered to read a thing I wrote you would see that i was speaking about current content in that regard.
    Shields keep a single target up 6 seconds out of 23. So the raid has to rely on "passive healing" from other effects before you return to them, for 17 seconds out of that 23, on an aura fight. It's a Discipline Priest overvaluing their worth more than anything, allowed to continue because content was easy when you weren't 3 healing Blood Queen at 10%.

I'm stating that attonment is looking to be a holy priest, who will be stacked with haste in the first place's best friend.
    Again, this doesn't make any sense. At all. Like seriously, what the fuck? Atonement will not be reachable for Holy Priests at 85. It just won't. Saying a mechanic designed with Discipline in mind, placed specifically so only Discipline can reach it, will be a "best friend" for a spec that can't even touch it? What the hell?

we are speaking of now. and honey you didnt clear anything pre 30% nerf and struggle.
    I wasn't a top 100, I admit that openly. But I fought and struggled pre-30.
    you and your experience in endgame raiding really doesnt make you a judge. sorry but its the truth. see me when you at least get bane.
    I'd tell you to see me when you run a buffless Light of Dawn, but even that's a joke now with 4.0
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2010-10-16 at 08:03 PM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~