Thread: Job and school.

Job and school.

Currently im going to school and heading stright for work. I arive home just in time to sleep.

Question is how can I keep this up and not lose friends and my GF who I no longer get to see.

during the weekends I have to go to my mothers (who is a little less then close to anyone I know)

i dont think its useful to ask this ina mmorpg video game forum about world of warcraft....

Quit your job, drop out of school and play WoW instead?

(Disclaimer: Don't do this)
    Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    Casual/hardcore and skill/noskill are not related.
    You can casually raid a couple short nights per week, and if you are skilled, you will clear that content eventually.
    Or you can bang your head on it every night for 5 hours straight and eventually you will clear it even with crap for skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabu34 View Post
    Quit your job, drop out of school and play WoW instead?

(Disclaimer: Don't do this)
    I rather want to atm.

Join the French Foreign Legion.

What?

You're doing it right.

The only thing I'd say don't do, is add WoW into that equation. WoW, despite my love for it, is a time sink. You don't need it. Spend leisure with the GF/friends, not on WoW.

School + work = doing it right.

get your friends/gf/gf's friends into WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis-Ahn View Post
    You're doing it right.

The only thing I'd say don't do, is add WoW into that equation. WoW, despite my love for it, is a time sink. You don't need it. Spend leisure with the GF/friends, not on WoW.

School + work = doing it right.
    Depression is killing me atm. but your probly right. Ill just hope in a year my GF will still be there.

And god how ill miss cata =( Growing up sucks.

Advancing your life and Career is better then advancing in a Online social Community, Im at the same cross rd as you are, Im 20 and im working on my career working 40-60 hours a week and also going to School 20 hours a week, I play wow when i get the chance, becouse its better on my pocket then going out, Also with my career i can normaly Do things people my age would do, and I some what regreat it, But in the long run Doing my job and going to school is going to get futher then playing on wow / online social comunity.

Im working as a Dispatcher working tward getting to Road patrole
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    Casual gamer is bound by self limitation. Hardcore gamer is stopped only by outside limitations (such as jobs/school, stuff that is necessity).

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand the need of an income but I wouldn't recommend holding a job while going to school. One will interfere with the other.

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Huzzar View Post
    Advancing your life and Career is better then advancing in a Online social Community, Im at the same cross rd as you are, Im 20 and im working on my career working 40-60 hours a week and also going to School 20 hours a week, I play wow when i get the chance, becouse its better on my pocket then going out, Also with my career i can normaly Do things people my age would do, and I some what regreat it, But in the long run Doing my job and going to school is going to get futher then playing on wow / online social comunity.

Im working as a Dispatcher working tward getting to Road patrole
    Currently at a sonic grilling burgers myself. picked the worse time to go on a diet

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Join the French Foreign Legion.

What?
    That would be a hell of a workout for anyone, lol. Don't see why not, and hey it promotes a sense of supranationalism :P
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Hey, at least you're not dying from starvation, or say, on the verge of losing your house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Deleted
    Id advice you to continue on with your life. Wow is a game in witch you should be having fun but its not the only game. Its a game that requires time in order to enjoy it. After some years you wont even think of wow since there will be some other massive game out. Games can be addictive unless you realise that they are just some purple pixels and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Odexy View Post
    I understand the need of an income but I wouldn't recommend holding a job while going to school. One will interfere with the other.
    Well unfortanly I need that income To eat and Sleep im my nice apartment :3

Quote Originally Posted by Zegosh View Post
    Currently at a sonic grilling burgers myself. picked the worse time to go on a diet
    ITs a start, All you can do is Try your best to futher your self.

Although I SOOOOOO miss when i was Delivierign pizza 20 hours a week, and play wow With free pizza and MT dew with my best freind in the same room for the rest of the week with 5 hours of sleep a night.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... Good times.....
    Casual gamer is bound by self limitation. Hardcore gamer is stopped only by outside limitations (such as jobs/school, stuff that is necessity).

Quote Originally Posted by Huzzar View Post
    Well unfortanly I need that income To eat and Sleep im my nice apartment :3

ITs a start, All you can do is Try your best to futher your self.

Although I SOOOOOO miss when i was Delivierign pizza 20 hours a week, and play wow With free pizza and MT dew with my best freind in the same room for the rest of the week with 5 hours of sleep a night.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... Good times.....
    Living the rest of life like that would be cool with me =D

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been there brother. In all honesty if you want to play WoW just level characters and stay away from endgame. The main reason I fell out of WoW is because after working my way to Grand Marshal when I was Alliance, leading a guild, and building a best-in-slot in PvP/PvE Ret Paladin every season except season 7 and ToC, the only thing I could get from it all was lessons learned about hard work and humility. After some point I started to realize that alot of people in my guild were just...self-centered loot whores that thought they were awesome when in actuality they were burnouts that clung on to WoW as their last chance at some sort of meaningful success in life. In all the time spent playing WoW, it was when I was around humble people like myself that just wanted to push through content as a sort of 25 man family and those intense premades that tested my ability to lead a team that spurred me on. I was part of a fun community and I was learning things through my in-game actions.

I'm going to cut myself off there, but to relate this to your dilemma...You go where you feel like you are advancing yourself as a person in your beliefs, your body, and your intellect. You'll know when you reason your way through your actions someday

Quote Originally Posted by Zegosh View Post
    Living the rest of life like that would be cool with me =D
    But it Shouldn't IT seem fine now, Trust me I totaly feel the same way you do but I fight that feeling, Wow makes you Happy now rite, But in 2-3 year when its shut down or what ever, wouldnt you rather have a well paying job and a Real Social life with intraction thats not through a key borad?

Quote Originally Posted by KennyBoi3 View Post
    I'm going to cut myself off there, but to relate this to your dilemma...You go where you feel like you are advancing yourself as a person in your beliefs, your body, and your intellect. You'll know when you reason your way through your actions someday
    This aswell is good view on the sunject.
    Last edited by Huzzar; 2010-10-14 at 04:56 AM.