10+ Year Old Account

Leveling a DK in 4.0

Hey guys. I don't play my DK much (as evidenced by him still being Lvl 61) but I was kinda hoping to lvl him a bit while I wait for cata to hit. I was wondering, what is the best tree to level him. I have tried playing as both blood and unholy pre 4.0 but now I am not so sure. I suppose blood would have excellent survivability but wouldn't frost or unholy make a faster leveling spec? What would you guys suggest?
    I can stand the sight of worms,
    And look at microscopic germs,
    But Technicolor pachyderms,
    Is really too much for me.

Tragic victim of Altitis

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure tbh.

I've lvled 2 DK's to lvl 80, both as Unholy and Blood, and they were both amazing (This was all pre 4.0).
    I'd probably go for Unholy, if I was only doing quests, but if I had plans of doing some dungeons aswell, I'd without a doubt roll Blood. Cba to wait 20 min queue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like a definite answer to this too, I'm about to level my DK. currently 61.

I'm a bit different to the above poster though - I actually prefer 20minute ques over 0minute ques. Simply because if its instant I've got to choose my self when to do it, if I have to wait I can que well I quest and just join when it pops. Just my two cense.

Though I definitely think blood would be worse than unholy/frost unless you're going to be chain dungeon running. I would like to know whats better out of frost/unholy though.

Blood is best if you want to spam dungeons as a tank. Don't do it if you don't tank though. Questing as blood is going to be slow-ish, but at the same time you'll pretty much never have down time, while the other 2 specs may have to stop to bandage/eat every now and then.

Frost and Unholy are both good now. Unholy has run speed increases and a permanent pet, while frost has mount speed increase (let's face it, you're gonna be mounted more than not) and a very nice self healing combo in Lichborne + DC on self.

Frost also has a lot of burst if going 2h (ie: using BoA axe). IT (or HB+glyph) > PS > Oblit > FS > BS > BS > FS should be putting out a ton of damage, most likely killing most mobs in that or less. Then you're set up for diseases > oblit > oblit > FS > FS for next mob, etc.

Burst + healing = good questing spec.

As for unholy, the same things that made it good before still apply. Permanent pet to split damage, faster run speed, and now faster rune recharge all make for a good questing build. Somewhat slower damage, but increased survivability (through pet) to help make up for it.

So:
    Blood = tank instance spam, or slow but steady questing
    Frost = high burst, healing cd, and mounted speed increase for quick questing
    Unholy = steady damage, pet, and run speed increase for decent questing

Really boils down to what playstyle you like the best. If you never want to have to eat/bandage, go blood, but if you want to kill crap quickly so you can get quests done quicker, go frost/unholy.

Frost, high burst and on a pale horse. This if you wanna quest, otherwise spec blood a tank in dungeons.
    I think dw and 2h frost are almost the same while levelling, so choose what you like most.

You don't get Unholy Presence until 70, so the run speed increase comes later.