Thread: questhelper ?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

questhelper ?

has the author stopped developing QH ? :O.. if he has can someone suggest a working replacement as it ?.. or even know how to get QH working for 4.1.0

One of the authors of the current questhelper are currently working on questhelper 2 for Cataclysm.

Lastest update just before the patch would say "Well, it's been a nice run, but Questhelper will not be updated any longer. Please disable the mod in the client." when you first log in.
    The person who kept it up to date does not have the time anymore.
    Last edited by Goulashia; 2010-10-14 at 08:14 AM.

Deleted
    Why do you need Quest Helper? It's already built in to the game.

quest helper was always a crappy addon, get Carbonite

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashtanerada View Post
    Why do you need Quest Helper? It's already built in to the game.
    the 1 built into game is crap. i cant move the quest tracker, when i press m to display my map it does show where the mobs are / where i need to go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wipeout View Post
    the 1 built into game is crap. i cant move the quest tracker, when i press m to display my map it does show where the mobs are / where i need to go.
    It's always showed me where to go and been spot on every time. I agree that not being able to move the track is a pain in the ass.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashtanerada View Post
    It's always showed me where to go and been spot on every time. I agree that not being able to move the track is a pain in the ass.
    for me it will display where i need to go for the 1st 5secs i gt the quest after that the minimap arrow and highlighted map area disapears

---------- Post added 2010-10-14 at 09:20 AM ----------

installed version 1.4.0 enabled " load out-of-date addons " logged into game and got the QH eror. i done " /qh purge ". and seems to be workin now. will post a update if it breaks again

Try lightheaded its good quest addon as well...Not sure if its updated or not though, but worth trying.

questhelper is only a memory sink. carbonite is way better, but the built in is more than enough for leveling.

if you want to level fast, don't follow qh track. it sucks, it just points to the nearest quest mob/npc. go get a lvling guide or download tourguide.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.