Deleted

Lightbulb Patch 4.0 Installer crashes at 4%

Hi everyone!

I tried to get help from blizz on that topic(stupid me, on patchday lol) but didn't get any response so far. My problem is, that I can't even install the new patch because the installer crashes with a Windows 7 error message at 4%.

The funny thing(or not at all) is, that I have a second PC where the same error occurs. It seems to be the patcher itself or my wow installation that makes it all crash.

The files can't be the problem since the installer installs some(if not all) WOTLK Videos again and the wow.exe along other stuff that doesn't seem related to the patch and look like old files.

I even tried starting the installer with no stage 1-3 patchfiles in the same folder and it starts fine, then crashes again at 4% with the backup-DEde.mpq file(I have a german client).

Has anyone a clue what I can do? I don't really like to reinstall wow again to only see it crash again for no good reason.

I'm running the patcher on Windows 7 with administrator rights plus have 100gb of free harddisk space available. I even tried to start it in Windows XP Comp. Mode but no difference, still crashes at 4% with the backup file...

Well guess that really sucks :S but I would advice you to reinstall wow and wish you the best for a few hours of installing wow sorry man. But dont really think there is any other option.