Poll: Removing portals was good idea

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    "Yes, traveling makes game more epic!"

Back in my day we traveled up hill, both ways in 30 feet of snow. We had to select every flight point throughout our travels, until we reached our destination! We didn't have electricity so we used candle light. no books, just stone tablets...

You kids have it easy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can you fly from Kali or EK or vise versa? If so then I don't mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im saying yes for now but really have the feeling it is gonna annoy me somewhere at the end of cataclysm lol to fly everywhere xD

it's not about traveling at all, they whole point is that in each expansion there's an area blizzard want people to be, and they'll do whatever it is required to get them there.

I dont care too much about portals, what I am happy is that they are putting class trainers there. Was a pain to go to main cities or northrend entrances to train.
    http://www.orphanguild.com/ - SWTOR Guild US West Coast PvP

I support 2 hour long dungeon crawls to get to the entrance of the raid area. Each "dungeon" is 5 player capped and you must navigate to the end of it to get to the portal to zone into the raid. No lock portals or poof portals like MC. Do it.

If they keep the portals at least you whould have a choice if you wanted to use them or not. The ones that want to travel all over with there mounts they could and the ones that want to use the portals they could. WIN WIN for everyone I like exploreing the world once, but by the time my 4th alt gets to do the content I want to get to where im going fast.

Deleted
    I thing it was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post
    I would rather take portals then fly to the nearest boat, (or zepplin) to travel on a route I have already taken 1000 times.

I personally support teleporters, but I do not support easy content. (WoTLK)
    And how is the route to the portals any different?

When making a poll it is best to make the options as simple as possible.

Even though I think removing portals was perfectly fine, I do not agree with "it makes the game more epic".

Simple Yes/No/Don't Care options would have been just fine.

I'm not really happy about the upcoming portal changes, but whatever. I'll adapt.

Now that my warlock has gone soul shardless, she has 30+ extra spots in her bags. Now she has space to put all those teleporting devices she made in engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarog View Post
    There's nothing epic about traveling.
    There's nothing seriously inconveniencing about traveling.
    Traveling is just there, a part of the game.

People care way, way, way too much about meaningless things.

Was it a good idea to remove the portals? Don't know. Don't care. Wasn't going to keep using Dalaran anyway. Couldn't care less about how other people get from point A to point B.
    Yes. I'll probably still use IF too. It's easier to navigate and has everything a player needs right near each other.

I think LK was a wash anyway. Great leveling, terrible instances, so Dalaran was basically irrelevant in my case. I leveled two toons to 80 and maybe went to Dalaran once?

Play and let play

Everyone saying this is a good move because it makes the game seem more epic, etc - then why 'force' your game playing style on those who don't want to spend 10 minutes flying from one side of Azeroth to the other? You like running from here to there on your mount - I'm glad you do - and today you have a choice.

Those of us who like the portals don't care whether you use them or not - why should you care if they remain in the game?

I'm assuming everyone that is uber-happy about the decision to remove the portals doesn't use them now?

---------- Post added 2010-10-14 at 10:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ThewF View Post
    When you have to modify an area of the game because to many people are using it that tends to be a bad thing.
    Exactly - let's really understand why the portals are being removed. This is another Wintergrasp moment. There will be too many players in Dal / Shatt using the portals and the lag would be incredible - so instead of fixing the problem they chose to make it less appealing to go there. Just like when WG was too popular they made it so less players could engage there. This has *nothing* to do with lore, gameplay or anything else - it has everything to do with not being able to fix the lag in Dal.

Since they did put/are putting class trainers and auction houses in Dalaran and Shattrath, the purpose of the portals is served for me anyway.

I never used Dalaran as anything more than a "home base". I was definitely not one of the people that just hung around in Dalaran... I was always out doing something else, even if it was just flying around in Northrend.

Quote Originally Posted by halfbee View Post
    They are putting an AH in for non engineers in Dal.
    I didn't know about that. Do you happen to have a blue? Because that makes it so no one ever has to leave Dal. Like we ever left anyway right?

The only reason Im pissed is because I like to avoid the main city hub as much as possible.
    Now they are making everyone have to go there... sucks.

For people who dont get it, removing the portals is like removing the path of least resistance in any context. Sure the people who dont like portals could take the griffon, but why should they if someone else isnt.

I personally like the portals and hope they just do something like that for the main cities. I dont want to be in dalaran for main hub next expansion.
    http://www.orphanguild.com/ - SWTOR Guild US West Coast PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Darthrevn View Post
    I didn't know about that. Do you happen to have a blue? Because that makes it so no one ever has to leave Dal. Like we ever left anyway right?
    Dalaran is in Northrend. All 80-85 content is in Kalimdor or Eastern Kingdoms and can be easily accessed from Org and SW. Dalaran is only going to be used from 68-80 for people leveling. The class trainers and the auction houses are being put in for those particular people so that they don't have to find a way back to Org/SW every time they level up or need to get on the AH.

As a mage, I welcome these changes. TAXES ON PORTALS JUST WENT UP!! >: D

I agree with the removal, while not as convenient as having portals it essentially forces you to take in the world a little more. In a related tone I recently I levelled my third 80 but this time I didn't bother to buy cold weather flying. It took a lot longer to get around but I actually found myself enjoying the game more and taking in the scenery. There really are some cool spots in this game which you just don't see flying over them in a haste to get to an instance.