woa try flying your dragon forward right now

i know this works with the netherdrakes but im not sure with all dragons but now every time you fly forward your dragon stops flapping all together and just glides. if you fly any other direction or just staying still your guy flaps but the second you go forward you just glide

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, same with proto-drakes.

Also go to Icecrown where the frostwyrms are, theres about 6 of them that are bugged out and flying like 3x speed. Made me chuckle.

Edit: Well flapping like 3x faster not really flying.
    Last edited by Maddiekipz; 2010-10-14 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Added
    Hai there ^w^

I don't get this happening, but EVERY SINGLE TIME I use a cooldown on my rogue (that's AR, BF, Engineering tinkers, Berzerk, everything), I get instantly put on a Dragonmaw Nether Drake, with no cast time involved. It's freaking me the hell out. And REALLY annoying.

My Frostwyrm is having the same issue

Deleted
    My dragon has been doing this forever. has it just got worse?

10+ Year Old Account
    same here my albino drake stil flaps but my netherdrake ( that i can now finally use because of thge master riding skill from my violet proto drake) only glides if it fly's.

Quote Originally Posted by Siaer View Post
    This was pretty easy to do with your mounts before the patch. If you jumped forward at the exact moment that the mount finished casting, you it would not animate and just appear as though it was sitting idle on the ground.
    you make it sound like i want this to happen lol. this blows im terified that when im flying were just gonna drop out of the air since thers actually no thrust being put into the flying

Quote Originally Posted by Scythax View Post
    I don't get this happening, but EVERY SINGLE TIME I use a cooldown on my rogue (that's AR, BF, Engineering tinkers, Berzerk, everything), I get instantly put on a Dragonmaw Nether Drake, with no cast time involved. It's freaking me the hell out. And REALLY annoying.
    I kinda wish I had this bug. Sounds pretty funny.

OT, I haven't tried flying yet, but I used to bug out my mount to stand while flying. Nobody else sees it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".

You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same problem for me with my proto drake.

You should see after wiping in ICC and the speed of the ghost flying mount back. Half the time I came back as alive by the bluelady and the others I was lucky eough to be a Nightelf and get whisp. The others who had to fly back on the ghost mount would have been faster if they ran back in. Something is very wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep, my protodrake glides all the time, I like the silent flying

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siaer View Post
    This was pretty easy to do with your mounts before the patch. If you jumped forward at the exact moment that the mount finished casting, you it would not animate and just appear as though it was sitting idle on the ground.
    Yes, but that's not what's happening. Both drakes and proto-drakes have a glide animation that will happen every now and then while flying, but now it's stuck like that so they're constantly gliding while moving forwards.

This gliding has always happened even before the patch. If you made some type of movement before mounting it would do this and the drake would never flap. As for other issues.. Those seem wacky

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoyll View Post
    Yes, but that's not what's happening. Both drakes and proto-drakes have a glide animation that will happen every now and then while flying, but now it's stuck like that so they're constantly gliding while moving forwards.
    I kinda like it that way, you know, flying like an eagle. Hopefully this is an intended change and not a bug.

Edit: To the person above me: Do you even read other posts? It is not the same bug.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    its a intended change. its like that on beta too and there was thread about it on the beta forum where a blue said its intended because some people are tired of the flap flap sound i think

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Bitch View Post
    its a intended change. its like that on beta too and there was thread about it on the beta forum where a blue said its intended because some people are tired of the flap flap sound i think
    It defies gravity and it annoys me, BRING BACK MY FLAPS!!!

i actually kind of like it, gliding feels much more peaceful

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddiekipz View Post
    Yup, same with proto-drakes.

Also go to Icecrown where the frostwyrms are, theres about 6 of them that are bugged out and flying like 3x speed. Made me chuckle.

Edit: Well flapping like 3x faster not really flying.
    I saw that while herbing to day and was like..... what?