Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Swift Flight Form question

Have they removed the Swift Flight Form questline in patch 4.0.1?

I came to the trainer and there are no quests available. Please tell me its just a bug T.T

Deleted
    Your mountspeed scales with the riding skill you have?

Can it be that you just need to learn 280% flying and you get swift flight automaticly?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's at your Class Trainer, now. Learnable at 71.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Yes, but I want to do the questline to get the key to summon Anzu and farm the mount, but the quest ain't there D:

Most, if not all class quests are missing/not working at moment and I think its intentional not a bug as such, there was a blue post about it and they are planning on re-adding class quests but not a priority.

iirc there was a blue about this, check the blue tracker.

This was removed once WOTLk launched, if you had done the quest line it became a feat of strenght

nom.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiniata View Post
    This was removed once WOTLk launched, if you had done the quest line it became a feat of strenght
    You are wrong, it was not removed on WotLK launch ...

Deleted
    the quest was definetly still doable in wotlk you didnt need to do it but you could

Quote Originally Posted by brluckybr View Post
    Yes, but I want to do the questline to get the key to summon Anzu and farm the mount, but the quest ain't there D:
    I seem to recall that it started at the druid in the Cenarion post in Zangarmarsh, the guy at the moonwell with ravens flying around. I could be wrong though, it was a long time ago. I know it wasn't removed in Wrath, my girl druid did it.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

10+ Year Old Account
    As of Wrath of the Lich King, you have to already have the spell to do the quest. IE, be level 71, have epic flying, and train it at your class trainer. Then you can summon Anzu via that convoluted quest chain.

IIRC.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    I seem to recall that it started at the druid in the Cenarion post in Zangarmarsh, the guy at the moonwell with ravens flying around. I could be wrong though, it was a long time ago. I know it wasn't removed in Wrath, my girl druid did it.
    Yip but you have to have the epic flying skill at the time for the quest to open up.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You need to have epic flying before you can get the quest. Quest starts in TB or Darn (Whichever faction you are), or you could pick it up from Moonglade.

Quote Originally Posted by Moomurr View Post
    Yip but you have to have the epic flying skill at the time for the quest to open up.
    Yep true ^^
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Checked my druid now and the feat of strength says:
    "Completed the druid quest to obtain Swift Flight form."
    That quest was removed.

nom.

Deleted
    That quest was removed.
    that means nothing
    i have feat for my venomhide ravanosaurus which is still obtainable....

I've got epic, been searching in the blue tracker, haven't found it yet though...

I definitely saw this quest last week, but, as there was no blue posts concerning the removal of the class, I postponed doing the chain, and I still can't get it now D:

Gonna try to confirm with a GM, but might take a little while

Deleted
    Same

That quest was removed.
    I think you might be the most stubborn person in this thread. Just cause it's a feat of strength doesn't mean its out of the game. I just got the ravasaur on my druid and it's a feat of strength. I started playing WoW just after 3.1 on WotLK and WAS ABLE TO DO THE FLIGHT FORM QUEST and still got the FoS achievement. The reason it's a feat of strength is cause it is a class specific achievement and not a general specific achievement that everybody can get regardless of class. Back in 3.1, I did the Epic Paladin quest and was able to get the charger, still came with a feat of strength quest too!

Edit// Check out my wow armory achievements and the FoS to see when I earned my swift flight form quest achievement
    WoW Armory
    Last edited by Captain Gir; 2010-10-14 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastrcapn View Post
    As of Wrath of the Lich King, you have to already have the spell to do the quest. IE, be level 71, have epic flying, and train it at your class trainer. Then you can summon Anzu via that convoluted quest chain.

IIRC.
    This is not the case. I purposely did the quest in Wrath, at level 70, without being 71 or training the skill. You just need to have the epic flying skill and be level 70 for the quest to be available.