Thread: Dps Raised?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dps Raised?

Hey guys,

My dps suddenly raised today, yesterday I could push out a 6,5k dps on a dummy after 10 minutes of dpsing it.
    Now today I see bigger numbers and I could push a 8,7k dps on a dummy.

Anyone else noticing that our dps is raised already?

I know Blizzard said that they would buff us, but I expected some minor patch for that, guess we're hotfixed?

-Serf

HoW just got a 4x dps increase.

i noticed this as well last night i logged off to get nug combo bars then logged back on and boom 11k sustained dps. os either:

1) i got nug combo bars and became the best ret paladin in the world.

2) they bug fixed ret (most likely fixed 2h weapon specialization to effect TV) however i felt like there was more seal damage and hammer of wrath was critting for 25k?

3) the test dummy was bugged

---------- Post added 2010-10-14 at 12:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Surplus View Post
    HoW just got a 4x dps increase.
    my TV is also hitting 29k crits where it was 22k crits instead
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

I wear mostly all 264s (271 weapon) and I was able to hold 8k~ dps self-buffed (only Might) no flask or anything on the boss dummy. I understand the rotation and am hit/exp capped. I guess this is about right?

I shoulda known we had some sort of 'hotfix' for damage earlier today before I slept. I was farming ZG and my Hammer of Wrath was indeed doin' like 30k hits.

Not sure how people are hitting 11k sustained dps.. what sort of gear is that with? and how much crit/mastery?

but yeah.. i'm hitting 25k max Tverdicts..

Quote Originally Posted by Chareoss View Post
    Not sure how people are hitting 11k sustained dps.. what sort of gear is that with? and how much crit/mastery?

but yeah.. i'm hitting 25k max Tverdicts..
    doing 10.5k over 10million dmg, with 277 gear, cryptmaker, 1020 haste i think (just over the haste soft cap ) and 32% crit. things got buffed a lot, since I was doing 7k yesterday.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by ragingsoul View Post
    doing 10.5k over 10million dmg, with 277 gear, cryptmaker, 1020 haste i think (just over the haste soft cap ) and 32% crit. things got buffed a lot, since I was doing 7k yesterday.
    what stats are you reforging? and are you reforging crit everytime?

what stats are you reforging? and are you reforging crit everytime?
    You reforge to haste to soft cap(1019 with zeo latency) unless you need hit or expertise. Reforge that first. After hast hit and exp caps you want crit.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Is the ability queue system still broken? And they buffed ret quite a bit. I'll quote from another forum:

Pop wings and HoW someone.
    Try it. I dare you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll View Post
    You reforge to haste to soft cap(1019 with zeo latency) unless you need hit or expertise. Reforge that first. After hast hit and exp caps you want crit.
    so reforging to mastery is a bad idea?(once hit + exp cap) even with the templars verdict hot fix?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but assuming you're meant to pop AWrath and Zealotry at the same time, doesn't this mean since the rotation would then be CS->TV->CS->TV, that hammer of wrath wouldn't even be used while AWrath is up? Therefore making the Sanctified Wrath talent not as good?

This ofcourse would be different for PVP.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but assuming you're meant to pop AWrath and Zealotry at the same time, doesn't this mean since the rotation would then be CS->TV->CS->TV, that hammer of wrath wouldn't even be used while AWrath is up? Therefore making the Sanctified Wrath talent not as good?

This ofcourse would be different for PVP.
    How about popping Zealotry for CS -> TV spam, and popping wings seperate and then give more prio to HoW? Since if you pop them at the same time, it's a bit of waste indeed. Also when Divine Purpose is going to include HoW, it would be a nice buff too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must be doing something wrong then, because I did around 8k last night/tuesday night, and this morning i did like 8.5k. What rotation are you guys doing?
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then it makes me wonder why everyone else is seeing such a large difference when i'm just doing 500 more dps >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll View Post
    One can soft cap at 1019, and then even with some latency, use the que system to still push out a CS every 2 GCDs, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just did another test and got 9.2k, which is better, but still not as pronounced as what everyone else's seems to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Revved View Post
    How about popping Zealotry for CS -> TV spam, and popping wings seperate and then give more prio to HoW? Since if you pop them at the same time, it's a bit of waste indeed. Also when Divine Purpose is going to include HoW, it would be a nice buff too.
    Possibly.. but I thought you would want to use Avenging Wrath during the time you are basically spamming your highest damage ability; Temp Verdict. Guess i'll test it out.. Can anyone confirm which is better for dps- AWrath and Zealotry together every 2 mins, or seperate the cd's?

I basically popped both as soon as I got to the first stack of 3 Holy Powers.. then cs>tv>cs>tv>cs>tv until zealotry ended..

Random question, didn't want to make a whole thread for it and all the trinket questions are off the front page. I have HWT, WFS, and Tiny Abom. All normal mode trinkets. Which ones should i use? I'm using WFS and Tiny Abom atm but i'm thinking HWT might actually be better than one of them now. Any idea?

Yea I'm thinking of using HWT instead of my HWFS, since I'm still about 200 haste away from the soft cap, and I'm using all the hit from TaJ.

Possibly.. but I thought you would want to use Avenging Wrath during the time you are basically spamming your highest damage ability; Temp Verdict. Guess i'll test it out.. Can anyone confirm which is better for dps- AWrath and Zealotry together every 2 mins, or seperate the cd's?

I basically popped both as soon as I got to the first stack of 3 Holy Powers.. then cs>tv>cs>tv>cs>tv until zealotry ended..
    He is asking a very good question guys, we need to address this. I can do tests myself when I get home, but figureing this out will help our dps alot, because poping wings and Zeal to do tv only may not be our best bet anymore.