Thread: Addons 4.0.1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ant1pathy View Post
    Stop using xperl and move to a decent unit frames addon. You'll be far better off in the long run.
    It's fine if you want something out-of-the-box. If you want advanced configuration, by all means, take a look at PB4 or similar.

Deleted
    Grid and Healbot are working

Quote Originally Posted by ralh View Post
    I'll attempt to ninja the thread, cos i'm wondering, has anyone found an addon to track gold and possibly other currencies across multiple characters that is not Altoholic? Cos Altoholic works, but gives an error every time you do... Just about anything. So yeah, i'd appreciate if anyone could help.
    Auditor

Need cooldowns, elkanos, x-perl!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FengHouzi View Post
    OK. Which would you recomend? I like X-perl, it was easy to use and modify
    I like Shadowed Unit Frames MUCH better than X-perl. You could try that one. It's not technically updated for 4.0 but mine is working fine.

The curse client will by default check for "release" quality updates.
    Those which are normally considered stable enough for general use.
    You have to tell it to search for alpha or beta if you intend to get the very latest, alpha being the most recent.
    Alpha release often go largely untested so must be assumed that they can be buggy, and to a lesser extent beta.
    You can change that I think on an addon basis through the right click menu on any given addon.

Grid itself is in alpha versions, so that is how you would get the latest of that at the moment using the curse client.

Without derailing the thread too much, I can't log into WoW at all with addons enabled.
    More specifically, when I try to log in, after selecting my character, the bar reaches 100% then pauses for a bit, then I get DCed.

The only way I have been able to log in so far is delete my Interface folder, and then try again, and even then it takes a few tries.
    I don't know if this is a problem anyone else has, but I couldn't see it on the 'Known issues' section on the official forums.
    Halp plox?

Edit: Just noticed a fresh thread regarding a problem with logging in with addons enabled. Ignore my post, unless you have a fix, in which case PM me
    Last edited by Snide; 2010-10-14 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Stupidity
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I love BGs like a fucking awesome person loves fucking fighter jets, holy shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    I'm personally disappointed that for a game called World of Warcraft there is a distinct lack of sailing interactivity. There's two types of seaworthy vessels right there in the game's name, but the various ships all take predetermined paths or don't move at all!

If it is locking up only with your addons enabled, then it is likely a specific addon causing it.
    Disable them all, and try logging in and out enabling a few at a time to try and find the one causing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    ralh, I use ArkInventory for that - it's also (mainly) a bag replacement addon, but it does keep track of currencies, mounts, pets, gold, items, equipped gear, banks, and guild banks for all your characters.

---------- Post added 2010-10-14 at 12:46 PM ----------

Actually, zox, the Ace2/Ace3 libraries are designed with built-in version checking.

Say your standalone Ace3-v100 loads, and then an addon with Ace3-v102 loads. v102 looks, says, "Oh, an Ace3 is already loaded. What version is it?" and requests the version info from v100. "Oh, hey, look, I'm a higher version. Time to unload the one that's already loaded, and load myself into memory instead!".

If v102 loads before v100, it looks more like this: v100 says, "Time to load! Alright! Oh, hey, Ace3 is already loaded. What version?" and asks v102 for it's version info. "Awww, you're newer than I am. Time for me to shut up and go back to sleep."
    Oh, that's really nice! Didn't know about that. I know I had similar issues a few years back with library version conflicts.

Deleted
    To be technical, it's managed by LibStub, and thus done for every library using that.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, true. Most of the more popular libraries are managed by LibStub, nowadays. It's grown very popular among the bigger names of addon design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ralh View Post
    I'll attempt to ninja the thread, cos i'm wondering, has anyone found an addon to track gold and possibly other currencies across multiple characters that is not Altoholic? Cos Altoholic works, but gives an error every time you do... Just about anything. So yeah, i'd appreciate if anyone could help.
    i personally use Bagnon Forever for this, it works with 4.0.1