herkuml war token a must now?

For a long time I've been using WFS hc and with the sudden benefit of haste im wondering if HWT is actually better than it?

any thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not. Agi and AP are still your most important stats. Haste is great but losing so much AP isn't.

/edit: I'm pretty sure hWFS maths out to more AP over time than the war token, anyway. I'll check that later.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been using HWT for quite a while already, and I do believe it's better now. I actually reforged the haste on it to mastery, and reforged crit on all of my other pieces to mastery. I'm down to 48.51% crit, 5574 RAP, 653 haste, and enough mastery for a 37% chance for a Wild Quiver proc. I'm still trying to pick the collective brain of the hunter community about the merits of each stat, but at the moment it definitely seems worthwhile to reforge to mastery.

Anyway, that went quite a bit off-topic. I'm just going on instinct here, but I think HWT might be better for boss fights, when you can ramp up the AP. H WFS might be better for heroics, where things die so fast now that you'd rarely get HWT above 5 stacks.

---------- Post added 2010-10-14 at 10:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chelate View Post
    It's not. Agi and AP are still your most important stats. Haste is great but losing so much AP isn't.

/edit: I'm pretty sure hWFS maths out to more AP over time than the war token, anyway. I'll check that later.
    Or, you know, what he said. =P

I switched my regular WFS (haven't been able to force a heroic drop) to HWT. The 100% uptime on HWT, I think, edges out the 33% uptime on WFS, and I prefer the haste. Assuming a 1/3 uptime on WFS, regular WFS is worth 366 static AP, but in a more bursty fashion than HWT's 340. I can't be certain, but I think the change to Focus means we're transitioning from burst DPS to sustained DPS.

Heroic WFS is definitely superior to HWT.

So would you guys say that Darkmoon card greatness is not better then HWT? I got HWT last night but I have not tested it yet.
    Night Elf Hunter Alliot
    Daggerspine US - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...pine&cn=Alliot

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
    So would you guys say that Darkmoon card greatness is not better then HWT? I got HWT last night but I have not tested it yet.
    Hard to know until the crazy number crunches get the numbers figured out, but I feel safe to say that it's more then likely better. DBW and STS are still the trinkets to beat. Reforge the massive amounts of crit into Haste/Mastery depending on your spec and how much Haste you have. Want to get those Steady Shots down near that 1sec cast time.

is it safe to say i should buy the HWT now that arp is gone? i had previously been using banner of victory and needle encrusted scorpion (of all the icc 10's and 25's ive done i still have never won a dbw or wfs)

Deleted
    I used Greatness card before the patch because of the massive agility you get ( i was survival so i stacked agi + crit rating ) but now since i`m Beast Mastery i use HWT because of the haste you get. You really need the haste as BM.

Keep in mind, Haste is a super important stat for us now (definitely moreso than crit) because it increases Steady's cast speed, which gives us more focus.

It's better than reg WFS, definitely. Heroic WFS....it's close. HWFS gives about 77 more AP (1250 * 0.33 = ~417, 417 - 340 = 77), but has 148 crit to the HWT's 153 Haste; not only does this give you an extra couple points of Mastery rating on HWT, but if we assume that Haste is better than Crit (especially because in ICC25 gear with buffs and agility gems many of us are close to the crit cap), then we might find that 92 Haste/61 Mastery/340 AP might be better than 89 Crit/59 Mastery/417 AP.

Because this stuff is all so new it's hard to weight the stats. Personally, tonight and last night I found that I crit almost all the time (to the point where, as BM, basically every 3rd KC has Killing Streak), such that additional crit is going to have pretty severe diminishing returns. However, my Steady Shot is only at about a ~1.4 second cast time (somewhere around there), so more haste is definitely helpful.

More steadies = more focus for me = more Arcanes in the same length of time = more damage and more procs of Cobra Strikes (which also gives focus back!). In addition, more auto-shots = more procs of Go for the Throat (although this can also be helped somewhat by crit).

Generally, I'm finding that haste is helping my DPS more than crit, and 77 AP is not a large difference. My gut says that HWT is the way to go for now, at least until we have firm numbers, but it looks like we might be back in a TBC situation where Agility and Haste are what we want, at least until Mastery is available through some method other than reforging.