Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Soloing ZG in 4.0.1

Before this patch, I tried once before to solo Bloodlord. I did it as BM at the time. It was pretty tricky, and had to glitch it to where I'd be on a ledge next to the stairs, and make my gorilla tank Bloodlord and the raptor near the bottom of the stairs. It would have to be set up exactly right, to keep from getting myself teleported off the ledge and then feared all over the place, my pet dropping off its aggro, and getting whirlwinded.

I tried it last night as MM, and it definitely feels easier to solo. I took my same gorilla, cleared out the room, and didn't even bother with the "glitch". I MD'd to my pet, and sent a few multi-shots so my pet could get extra aggro on both. Having the MD glyph is just absolutely brilliant for soloing old content. You can MD to your pet all day long, and never worry about pulling off except for random aggro dumps. Mend Pet seems to heal for more than before, and it helps that both my pet and myself have more health now.

Next up was Thekal. Before this patch, it was pretty close to impossible to solo this as a hunter. My paladin had no trouble, both as prot and as ret, but my hunter just couldn't do it. It was an entirely different story last night. I cleared out the room of the trash, and then did a MD'd Multi-Shot pull. The same strategy for Bloodlord worked wonders here, except of course when my pet would get stunned and they'd turn on me. But then I'd just Disengage, get my 30% movement speed buff, and kite the trio around until my pet could tank them again. Again, endless Multi-Shot MD's to my pet, and Mend Pet every so often works wonderfully. Switching to focus fire on whichever one was further ahead in health, of course. Now I don't have Silencing Shot, but having it would make it even easier, to interrupt when you see the heal coming.

All in all, neither boss was really a cakewalk, in fact I died once to Bloodlord. But it was definitely fun and a great opportunity to get acquainted with the changes, along with a chance at a couple of rare mounts and building rep, and having some last minute fun in an old raid that will soon be gone forever. My paladin is done with the place except for farming for the tiger mount, and never really had a challenge in the whole place, but doing it again on the hunter is quite an experience! I highly suggest giving it a try. I'd be interested in hearing others' experiences and suggestions with soloing it or other content with this patch. I'm curious if it's possible to solo part of Kara and maybe even some MC.

Next reset, I may try it out as BM and see how different it feels. I haven't been BM since about level 77 or so, as that is what I leveled up as. I've been MM ever since, which is about a year now. With the ability to have way more pets than before, and some of the exotics getting pretty cool abilities, I may try it out strictly for soloing old content.

Rift Stalker Mantle
    Rift Stalker Gauntlets

Problem solved. You can solo MC, ZG even Karazhan quite easily. Now as well as before 4.0

Also if you had a tenacity pet with proper soloing BM spec and pet talents, ZG was quite doable without these. With them it's a joke.

In 4.0 as BM, I did Mando yesterday without even swapping from my regular PvE gear, no challenge there.
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”
    ~G.B. Shaw

Deleted
    I just wanted to flame you, but then I realized it says 4.0.1 and not Cata... shame on me.

Only solo'ed one of the mount bosses once on my Paladin tank, was pretty easy. Won't try again, though, too much effort for some more mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Professor View Post
    Rift Stalker Mantle
    Rift Stalker Gauntlets

Problem solved. You can solo MC, ZG even Karazhan quite easily. Now as well as before 4.0

Also if you had a tenacity pet with proper soloing BM spec and pet talents, ZG was quite doable without these. With them it's a joke.

In 4.0 as BM, I did Mando yesterday without even swapping from my regular PvE gear, no challenge there.
    I guess I should get into some TBC raids then. That set bonus is redonkulously good.

---------- Post added 2010-10-14 at 12:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I just wanted to flame you, but then I realized it says 4.0.1 and not Cata... shame on me.

Only solo'ed one of the mount bosses once on my Paladin tank, was pretty easy. Won't try again, though, too much effort for some more mounts.
    Sorry, that's a shame on me for not trying harder to be an easy target. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Morlin View Post
    I guess I should get into some TBC raids then. That set bonus is redonkulously good.
    Ye and the best part is, it's timeless.. the only thing that changes are stats you lose from those 2 slots, but 15% will be 15%. Altho cataclysm will nerf that a bit with changing damage / HP / mob damage ratio.
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”
    ~G.B. Shaw

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't read up a whole lot about it, but is mob damage and health increasing across the board, or just for the new level 80+ zones?

That's a great idea with the old rift Stalker gear. I'm going to go see if the new badge replacement currency can be used on it.

Wait, thekal was close to impossible to solo as hunter?

It was actually really easy..

MM, two interupts will be enough to just interupt the heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Morlin View Post
    I haven't read up a whole lot about it, but is mob damage and health increasing across the board, or just for the new level 80+ zones?
    Well in beta I could hardly solo Threat From Above, because chillmaw was hitting for 5-6k as level 80 elite, but not sure if that's intended.
    ~G.B. Shaw

you dont even have to interupt it, burn the ehaler down pretty low than switch to one of the other two, she heals herself and you repeate again. as long as she is under the other two she will always heal herself first.

for bloodlord try sending your pet in to kill the ambassador and let him run back to you when he kills him, bloodlord will come down and aggro onto you. Let him get about halfway to you and FD so he goes to the bottom of the stairs, now send your pet in to attack and imediatly have your pet come back to you after getting aggro. If you do it right the raptor will not enter the fight and the kill is that much quicker.

also on thekal when they stun your pet simply FD and they will go back to attacking your pet

also also: Except for having access to exotic pets, BM isnt the best for soloing anymore, infact MM is now. The reason being that BM ue to offer a variety of +health,armor,avoidance talents that were crucial to soloing and now those have been removed. Chimera shot heals you for 5% of your health now so that fact alone puts MM ahead of SV and BM for soloing.
    Last edited by soadnation; 2010-10-14 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soadnation View Post
    also also: Except for having access to exotic pets, BM isnt the best for soloing anymore, infact MM is now. The reason being that BM ue to offer a variety of +health,armor,avoidance talents that were crucial to soloing and now those have been removed. Chimera shot heals you for 5% of your health now so that fact alone puts MM ahead of SV and BM for soloing.
    You mean besides Spirit Bond wich heals both you and your pet for 2% every 10 sec, increases healing from bandages, potions, Mend Pet AND Rift Stalker bonus by 10%, extra 4 pet skill points (10% more stamina) reduced cooldown on Cover and other special abilites, and improved mend pet.

Yea I can see how healing yourself with chimera shot is better than that.
    ~G.B. Shaw

Deleted
    Damage output is only changing for somewhere around lvl 60+ open world mobs. Might be from lvl 58, don't realy remember. Mobs in instances are not changing though as far as I know.

you forget that at 85 a MM hunter will have access to both spirit bond and mend pet as well

you also forget that the t5 bonus heals based on the damage of the hunter only meaning even if BM is doing the same dps as MM, MM will still heal the pet for more since a larger portion of the BM hunetrs damage comes form their pet
    Last edited by soadnation; 2010-10-14 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soadnation View Post
    you forget that at 85 a MM hunter will have access to both spirit bond and mend pet as well

you also forget that the t5 bonus heals based on the damage of the hunter only meaning even if BM is doing the same dps as MM, MM will still heal the pet for more since a larger portion of the BM hunetrs damage comes form their pet
    No one was talking about level 85 so that argument is quite beside the point. And if you are not BM, your pet will never hold enough threat for you to go all out as MM before 2-3 MDs and FDs so your DPS isnt all that high.
    Last edited by Doctor Professor; 2010-10-14 at 06:53 PM.
    ~G.B. Shaw

These were soloable for me with 2pcT5 and a turtle, otherwise in my PVE MM gear and spec pre-patch. Thekal wasn't easy though - I could expect to die a time or two each run, when I screwed something up. I didn't have any more of a soloing set or spec than my 2pc though. Looking forward to trying it out under the new paradigm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hrmm, I usually solo with a Worm, not Gorilla. Maybe I'll give that a shot.

Would you mind posting your MM spec?

[Edit: NVM, I just saw your sig. >.> Go! Go! WOW Armory powas]
    Last edited by ImNot1337; 2010-10-14 at 07:36 PM. Reason: stupidity

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO ZG was not so hard to solo before 4.0.1, but definitely is easier now.
    Where it took sometimes 10+ minutes to kill Thekal, I managed to down him in just few minutes. Bloodlord was also a lot easier.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    even before 4.0 with my lovely 2xt5 i can solo broodlord/thekal without mend pet...

gonna try prophet skeram (WTB exalted with nozdormu -.-)and maybe karazhan mount now

10+ Year Old Account
    All of was pretty easy in 3.3.5, you didn't even need 2xT5. The way to do it as BM is to pull them to the top of the ziggarat and stay in and do it all there. If you get feared down the stairs, Wrath out of it. It has enough room so you don't get hit by the WW.

It's really easy in 4.0.1.

---------- Post added 2010-10-14 at 04:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    even before 4.0 with my lovely 2xt5 i can solo broodlord/thekal without mend pet...

gonna try prophet skeram (WTB exalted with nozdormu -.-)and maybe karazhan mount now

Kara mount attempts were fine before, even without 2xT5; the hardest part was not pulling too much trash at once.

Prophet, however, I could never get the hang of. I got MC'd right off the bat, murdered my pet, and he reset. So sad.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chelate View Post
    Prophet, however, I could never get the hang of. I got MC'd right off the bat, murdered my pet, and he reset. So sad.
    stay out of LoS with one of the big culum over the stairs and FD to avoid shocks (refresh FD timer right after he gets back from a teleport)