Thread: Cast bar shield

Deleted

Cast bar shield

Ever since the new patch I've started getting a shield around the spell icon that is being cast, and I can't figure it out how to get rid of it.

Here's a picture:

I am using Quartz.

Thanks in advance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    Ever since the new patch I've started getting a shield around the spell icon that is being cast, and I can't figure it out how to get rid of it.

Here's a picture:

I am using Quartz.

Thanks in advance.
    the shield simply means, it can't be interrupted. how to get rid of it, sorry, no clue.

Deleted
    Thought it was that, still annoying though.

Since knowing whether a spell can be interrupted or not is important to consider, that is why that effect is being used, not least because that is doing just what the default UI does in the same situation. It also uses a shield graphic.
    Some other castbar replacements either ignore that, which is bad design imo or use some other mechanism to indicate it.
    Be it a border, text colour, or I think an appending of [X] I think in one case to the spell name.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quartz has other ways to indicate it, actually - color-shifting (I was using blue bars for casting, purple for channeling, and silver for uninterruptible, back when I used Quartz).

10+ Year Old Account
    This has always been in the game... It just means it can't be interrupted (i.e. - LK defile - you should see the shield around it because it can't be interrupted ) And when pallies have bubble on and their casting in it you can see the shield around the cast.

Your addon jsut makes it look like that I guess.