4.0.1 Alchemy Bugs?

Sorry if this has been posted already. I searched and didn't see any posts about it. I leveled my alchemy from 1 to 450 yesterday and I've run into what I believe are two bugs.

1) Where did Mixology go? I thought that Alchemists got a buff that increased elixir/flask/potion duration/effect. I don't see this anywhere now, can't get it from a trainer, and I tested some random potions and elixirs yesterday and got no added benefit (these were current level Northrend potions/elixirs). Is this intended? Am I just silly and am supposed to get this ability elsewhere?

2) How do I learn epic gem transmutes? I have the quest to do 5 epic gem transmutes in order to learn the cardinal ruby transmute, but I don't have the ability to transmute other epic gems. The trainer in the dalaran alchemy shop is supposed to be the one to teach me these abilities according to WoWhead, but she has nothing for me to learn. I've checked my alchemy window a dozen times to make sure I'm not completely blind, but all I have as far as northrend stuff goes is the 2 meta gem transmutes, the titanium transmute, and a bunch of random air->fire, fire->earth, etc. For the sake of being thorough, I tried other alchemy trainers to see if the one in Dalaran was bugged. Tried the gnome out at the Argent Tournament, as well as the trainers in Orgrimmar and Silvermoon. Still no luck.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Mixology:
    Icon is missing from professions, but flasks/elixirs still give double duration and some % more damage.
    125 spellpower for normal Flask of Frost Wyrm gave me 189 +spellpower.

So maybe they've just forgotten to put the icon into the professions tab

Deleted
    I am experiencing the same after maxing Alchemy on an alt today.

Deleted
    Only thing i noticed is that my cd on transmute is kinda random. Between 5 hours and 8 hours. Have only done red gems so far.

I also leveled from 1-450 yesterday. I'm having the exact same problems.

Deleted
    I lvld my alchemy DAY before the pach ;D

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamman View Post
    Only thing i noticed is that my cd on transmute is kinda random. Between 5 hours and 8 hours. Have only done red gems so far.
    They changed it so that ALL cooldowns reset at 12 AM server time. So if you say you have 5 hours left, it probably meant that you were transmuting at 7PM server time. 4PM server if you have 8 hours left. Supposedly they wanted to universalize all cd timers.

I powered an alt to 75 and leveled Alchemy to 450 only to find it not possible to train to transmute epic gems.

I've had a ticket posted for 3 days not without a single response.

Tons of people are having this issue and Blizzard won't reply or even acknowledge that the issue exists.

Was hoping to make some extra gold before Cata and instead got hosed.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    You need to finish the 5 transmute red gems quest (takes 5 daily transmutes to do) before you can buy the other gem types. If it is not available after that time then it is a bug and you should ask a gm for help.

Quote Originally Posted by JMTC View Post
    You need to finish the 5 transmute red gems quest (takes 5 daily transmutes to do) before you can buy the other gem types. If it is not available after that time then it is a bug and you should ask a gm for help.
    You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

You need to learn to transmute the other colored epic gems first and then you have to transmute 5 of those colored epic gems (not red) to complete the Cardinal Ruby quest.

It's been a looong time since I got all my transmute recipes, but aren't they discovery recipes? Or am I just getting senile and only the eternal transmutes are discovered these days? ^^;;

Quote Originally Posted by deadman80 View Post
    It's been a looong time since I got all my transmute recipes, but aren't they discovery recipes? Or am I just getting senile and only the eternal transmutes are discovered these days? ^^;;
    No you train all but the Cardinal Ruby and use those that you train to finish the quest to be able to transmute the Cardinals.

I've leveled it to 450 3 times this past year and was just shocked to see it unavailable when I went to train.

After waiting 6 days for my ticket to be answered I was told that they are now aware of the issue but have no estimated time for a fix.

Fantastic....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanboost View Post
    You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

You need to learn to transmute the other colored epic gems first and then you have to transmute 5 of those colored epic gems (not red) to complete the Cardinal Ruby quest.
    This person is actually not totally crazy. When I leveled my first alchemist about 6 months ago, I had to transmute five cardinal rubies (recipe was either trained or discovery) in order to get the training to transmute the other colours. My second alchemist (maxed about two months ago) had to transmute other colours to get red. (maybe it used to be random which you got?)

It's like they flipped it around in 4.0.1 and forgot to put any of them on the trainer, because I don't know of anyone who has been able to learn the transmutes since the patch. I really don't know. But I do know the person you're replying to didn't completely make up their post; there must have been a window when it was like that for some people because I can confirm.

Or else I'm crazy too.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2010-10-29 at 11:14 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

The original way, was that you got them all, and then transmuted 5 of any colour to get red. At least, when gem transmutes as a whole came out, this was how it was.
    Past 'rigs in service (Now the dad's gaming rig):

Current 'rigs:

15+ Year Old Account
    I spoke to a GM today and I was told that they have purposefully removed the ability to learn the epic gem transmutes in patch 4.0.1. Now on Wowhead someone said a GM logged into his account and gave him the recipes, so I've made a new ticket.

Blizz can be so confusing sometimes.

Deleted
    I trained epic gems transmutes outside ToC. Have a try there.
    And youll learn transmute master from a tbc quest, check wowhead for more specifics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    This person is actually not totally crazy. When I leveled my first alchemist about 6 months ago, I had to transmute five cardinal rubies (recipe was either trained or discovery) in order to get the training to transmute the other colours. My second alchemist (maxed about two months ago) had to transmute other colours to get red. (maybe it used to be random which you got?)

It's like they flipped it around in 4.0.1 and forgot to put any of them on the trainer, because I don't know of anyone who has been able to learn the transmutes since the patch. I really don't know. But I do know the person you're replying to didn't completely make up their post; there must have been a window when it was like that for some people because I can confirm.

Or else I'm crazy too.
    It's never been that way. Blizzard specifically made the red gem harder to get because they know it's more useful. You've always needed to pick up the quest, then do 5 other gem transmutes in order to learn the red transmute.
    ಠ_ಠ

Deleted
    It is a bug born out of patch 4.0.1.

I levelled up alchemy on one of my characters after the patch and when I reached 450 I accepted the 'Cardinal Ruby' transmute quest. Since the patch, the epic tranmustes (ala Ametrine / Majestic Zircon etc) have been removed from the trainer making the transmute quest impossible to complete.

I sent out a ticket and a GM responded, clarifying that it IS a known bug and they proceeded to give me the trainable recipes.

My advice would be to ticket for a GM and request those recipes, because you won't get them otherwise.